• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Had to get some help from the Big Guy

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
rAToZ13MRWelpJYIOMP6Rw.jpg

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
mmmmmmmmmm

we, at Tucker Mafia, have a mountain rescue group ( non-profit, 501c3 ) on Mt Hood, that we would like to increase our charitable support of, they have a very long commendable history, saving untold number of lives and the very difficult and sad task of recovering far too many bodies, with this said, we have decided to offer to the snow cat community a limited number of our serial numbered skiis.

the price is $2,500.00 a pair, complete with mounting feet. They fit, all 400 series 2 pontoon machines and all tucker snow cat trailers

All monies collected, will be contributed to increase our charitable giving to help support this group, buyer is responsible for crating/packaging/shipping fees, in person pick up is encouraged and or other arrangements, like meeting up at a snow cat gathering/jamboree.

Again, there will be a limited number of skiis available, very few. This offering will end February 28th, 2021, payment in full needs to be included with order, yes we will accept terms, personal checks, PayPal, cash, etc, no family discounts, PM me to make your purchase. remember this is a limited time offer, do not assume you can buy a pair next year, cuz that just is not going to happen, sorry, when we are done with this project, we are done, form and tools will be retired.

thank you

tucker mafia

fyi: one pair is spoken for...
2nd pair is paid for

Last edited:

230 Pilot

SUPER Site Supporter
We talked before about kitten trailers, are the skis for the smaller trailer, smaller in size than these?

Bobcatbob

GOLD Site Supporter
That’s really nice! If any pictures are available of the wheel articulation, would love to steal that design!!

Beautiful woodwork/design.

Bob

Very Nice!
The skis appear longer behind axle than in front. What is the reasoning?
Are the tires heavy duty enough to use when the trailer is loaded or are they just for ease of maneuvering in and out of garage?
Would be nice feature to go to when there are poor snow conditions on trail and not grind off ski bottoms!

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
tips up, tips up and tips up, first rule of skiing, so with the mounting feet mounted forward of center line of ski, the tip will be naturally up, fyi, per factory spec., seems to work very well this way.

wheels are for moving the trailer around when not on the snow, or pushing it into the garage, or loading it, and when you come across poor trail conditions...

thank you

PZhU9qSNRLGA828NuhwC8g.jpg

TenXs9uoQGCaKjZGOID9jg.jpg

Last edited:
Great info!

I have a Polar Sport tandem axle ATV trailer and a pair of aluminum skis built for a snow plane that I have been trying to pair up.
Your pictures have pretty well solved my mental challenges. This summer I will have to put them together!

Thanks Again

Sno-Surfer

Well folks I can say these trailers are the cats meow! I'm not sure how I got so lucky to be a receiver of one of these but I am gratefully in debt to the Princess and her cohorts, Sno-drifter and the Cooper team. Lots of times, specially when we go camping, I'm loaded to the gills and this is a really welcomed addition for the group outings. I can tell you that a lot of time and care went in to every piece of these trailers. They are done just like the originals.
This was my first time out with it and I am thrilled on how well it works. The Princess whipped out a frame that goes in the bed of my truck and it sits on it upside down. I take the cat off and then slide the ski trailer out over the orange box on my cat trailer and then tip it down and flip it over and then roll it off the trailer. We did it with three people pretty easy, I think it's doable with two. If I disconnect the trailer I could probably do it by myself in a pinch. But for the most part, I will have helpers when I bring the ski trailer. I just wheeled it along until we got on snow and then put the skis on it. A ratchet makes pretty quick work of it and I think I can mount the skis in about 10 minutes with a little practice.
Once hooked up I didn't even know it was there. No rattles or noise, just went anywhere the cat went. The skis ride in the tracks so it's a nice path for them to follow. Seemed to back up just fine too. I have a good view of it on my back up cam so I hope to not jack knife it and mess anything up. You can pick up the back of it and scoot it around if needed too.
I'm going to use as it is for a bit and then add things to it as I see fit. First order of business is to fashion up a couple bbq's on it so I can start selling trail side hot dogs and get myself out of debt to the mafia....if that's possible... lol!!
Seriously though a huge thanks goes out to the Princess and her team for making this happen. This sno cat group has some amazing people in it and I'm real glad to be part of it.
Looking forward to seeing you at Sun Valley in a few weeks!

IMG_7823.jpeg
IMG_7809.jpeg
IMG_7815.jpeg
IMG_7791.jpeg
IMG_7774.jpeg
IMG_7773.jpeg
IMG_7758.jpeg
IMG_7762.jpeg
IMG_7756.jpeg

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
tips up, tips up and tips up, first rule of skiing, so with the mounting feet mounted forward of center line of ski, the tip will be naturally up, fyi, per factory spec., seems to work very well this way.
OK, please explain since I mind is working this in reverse. If the binding/mounting feet are mounted dead center the ski should be neutral. Attacking a packed/groomed downhill you are pushing shins into the front of your boots forcing a forward CG (center of gravity) for better carving. In powder you want the opposite so you need to get your CG back. The trailer can't change (other than weight distributed into it). So, when mounted forward of center it would actually be preloading the front tips . . . being rear of center line would take pressure off of the front tips allowing it to float over obstacles easier. Of coarse it really wouldn't matter too much either way since the skis are tracking in/over a groomed surface from the tracks. Am I missing something? Signed: The small brained, east coast, knuckle dragging, 30 grouser guy. :)

Last edited:

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Sean, Couldn't you just leave the skis on and strap then down so they don't buffet while driving?

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Guys, you are over thinking it. Essentially the pivot point is in the middle of the ski. As stated the pivot is one inch, plus or minus a Tucker tolerance, closer to the front tip. Some factory ones are dead center. As DAVENET stated the skis are travelling on a packed surface. The only time they are not is when backing up in the deep. Thus having more length to the rear and the wider tip to the rear helps to make the skis climb as opposed to diving. I have towed a factory trailer hundreds of miles and never paid any attention to front or back. When it comes to skis on a 420, it would be worth experimenting with reversing them in deep snow.