• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Had to get some help from the Big Guy

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
yup, I needed help, big time with this project, so, Santa offered his shop and several elfs,

Yes, I believe in Santa, and thank god for elfs...

and all those good little snow cats will get something for Christmas this year

fullsizeoutput_505.jpeg

DSC_0013.JPG

DSC_0023.JPG

DSC_0011.JPG

DSC_0007.JPG

DSC_0006.JPG

DSC_0010.JPG

takes 24 hours to do glueing/drying and just at 10 hours for the wood cutting, shaping, and layout for the foot, the ski is 8 layers of laminate

geezzzzzzz, the elfs are great, every morning, I come into Santa's workshop, another ski is done, oh joy!

they have saying in Santa work shop,

a ski a day keeps the Thiokol away

Last edited:

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
all you parents remember well, "Build a Bear" right?

well, welcome to "Build a Ski"

and I have my "first victim", no no no, I mean, "first customer", sno-surfer is coming out next week and spend four days at pontoonland, yes he will be buying lunch and paying for the privilege of building his own skis...

just finishing up the 14 inch freighter/1 1/2 & 2 ton trailer skis form and next week will start building several sets...

Last edited:

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
So, is surfer-dudes skis going to be the correct orange or that weird off red to match his cat?
No skis for the surfer- she is going to make him a custom, one off wine red laminate wake board for his toiling in the dungeon!

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
first 14 inch wide ski is being made as I post this, doing the lay up a bit different, instead of a two step progress, doing a three step where I put down 3 layers at a time with clamp time of 12 hours per layer, and adding 1 more layer, the original 14 inch wide ski was a tad thicker then the standard 9 inch wide ski, fyi all skiis were 94 inches long not 96 inches/8 feet as advertised by tucker, thus the 14 inch ski will be 9 layers of hardwood thick, ah think I will label these skiis as the '9 lives ski', should be off the form this evening and off to the metal shop for new feet and skag.
qehwHcPQQ+CXeuO7GcH37w.jpg

Sno-Surfer

I like the idea of the family ski. Probably need to put the longest legs in the back binding to get a decent snow plow going.
But it's true, the Princess has some minions now helping with ski production. She's running a great online school program that my kids are loving and during the breaks, they hone their ping pong, golf and corn hole skills along with learning to make skis and getting an occasional history lesson. It's good stuff, something both my kids and I really needed. We've really been enjoying being part of the process and working in the shop, it's super fun for all of us. I'm thinking if we prove our worth as shaper/sanders/laminators/clampers that we might be able to hang on to this gig through the winter since there are plenty more to make.
Thank you PP for the opportunity and hope we're being helpful. Looking forward to putting these to the test.

WcpEpjlCQGaxr1omcKQo0Q.jpg
u6xck8LoQduTFaPvXIGOUg.jpg
CMjb6tseQKm2EZNy7yyJ+A.jpg
FUejbVDsTju0fOcCl8f0PA.jpg
LaWj0BeTSJ2qi5L8j4pebA.jpg

230 Pilot

SUPER Site Supporter
I like the idea of the family ski. Probably need to put the longest legs in the back binding to get a decent snow plow going.
But it's true, the Princess has some minions now helping with ski production. She's running a great online school program that my kids are loving and during the breaks, they hone their ping pong, golf and corn hole skills along with learning to make skis and getting an occasional history lesson. It's good stuff, something both my kids and I really needed. We've really been enjoying being part of the process and working in the shop, it's super fun for all of us. I'm thinking if we prove our worth as shaper/sanders/laminators/clampers that we might be able to hang on to this gig through the winter since there are plenty more to make.
Thank you PP for the opportunity and hope we're being helpful. Looking forward to putting these to the test.

View attachment 132641View attachment 132642View attachment 132643View attachment 132644View attachment 132645
Great job. ??

Bobcatbob

GOLD Site Supporter
Hi Pontoon Princess

Are these skis for sale? I would love to make a Bombi trailer (as well as creating/machining a binding and suspension). They look fantastic!

Bob

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
oh
Maybe you should bring the forms to SV, and have a workshop on how to build your own ski.

oh

I can see the form set up in the lounge of the rams head ram, and bunch of crazy mad snow catters clamping up a new ski, warren miller lives

either we will never be asked back or it is such a big thing, that we become legendary

Last edited:

Bobcatbob

GOLD Site Supporter
Covering that beautiful laminated wood (Birch?).......can only mean these skis are meant for a higher cause.