• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Greetings!

So-So

Greetings & Happy New Year to All!

Many’s thanks to the administrators for granting me access to this forum.

I’v selected the user name “So-So” because whenever I asked my aging father how he was feeling, or how his present mental state or health condition was, he’d always reply, “Sew-sew like a Taylor.”

Dementia robbed my father of most of his ability to recall present presence of mind, yet left his long term memory in pretty good standing. He would recite poetry he learned as a school boy, and even conjure up days and dates that slipped my mind completely.

I appreciated that his dementia left the superior parts of his personality and character in tact. He was kind and gracious until his last day.

As for me, I’m an older woman living on the west coast. I have spare time on my hands now that Monterey County is under lock down.

I like that there’s not many tourists around. It’s great not having to deal with traffic congestion, or large crowds at the beach.

I do miss indoor dining and going to the movie theater.

Yet the upside of not being able to dine out is that I’m finding pleasure in cooking, and I’ve decided to purchase a 70” inch flat screen for my birthday.

Looking forward to exploring this site more.

Best,
So-So

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
So-So, welcome! I hope you enjoy yourself.

I've been to Monterey County a few times when I lived in Ventura County from about 1980-1988. Very beautiful there.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Welcome. If you dig around here I'm sure that you will find something to interest you. Stay long and post often.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Welcome to FF.
Whilst FF stands for Forum Forums, I like to think it also stands for Fast Friends.

You'll make them easily here.

Hell, they have let me stay. Proof enough.

Ceee

Site Supporter
Greetings & Happy New Year to All!

Many’s thanks to the administrators for granting me access to this forum.

I’v selected the user name “So-So” because whenever I asked my aging father how he was feeling, or how his present mental state or health condition was, he’d always reply, “Sew-sew like a Taylor.”

Dementia robbed my father of most of his ability to recall present presence of mind, yet left his long term memory in pretty good standing. He would recite poetry he learned as a school boy, and even conjure up days and dates that slipped my mind completely.

I appreciated that his dementia left the superior parts of his personality and character in tact. He was kind and gracious until his last day.

As for me, I’m an older woman living on the west coast. I have spare time on my hands now that Monterey County is under lock down.

I like that there’s not many tourists around. It’s great not having to deal with traffic congestion, or large crowds at the beach.

I do miss indoor dining and going to the movie theater.

Yet the upside of not being able to dine out is that I’m finding pleasure in cooking, and I’ve decided to purchase a 70” inch flat screen for my birthday.

Looking forward to exploring this site more.

Best,
So-So
Welcome! Another female, Yay! I haven't been on here very long either.
I see that you're finding pleasure in cooking nowadays. You might also enjoy Doc's other forum, NetCookingTalk. I wouldn't normally suggest another forum for a new member, but it's Doc's also. Hope you enjoy.

So-So

Hello, Again...

Thank you very much for such a heartwarming welcoming. I’m surprised and moved by your warm reception.

I feel rather fortunate to have discovered this forum. It was strictly by accident.

My niece is currently dealing with her aging father. Lately, his behavior is a bit off and altered in terms of how he processes and registers daily life.

He does seemingly odd things that are out of character such as leaving the oven on after baking, or flushing leftovers down his commode instead of throwing them in the garbage.

Two months ago, he backed his vehicle into a passing car as he was backing out of the driveway. His response was, “She should have slowed down.” Which is true, yet, the other driver had the lawful right of way ...

My niece is quite distressed, and for good reason. Her father is 74 years old with strong constitution yet exhibiting obvious sign of elderly decline.

In hope of finding information to aid my niece to prepare for her father’s long march to the graveyard, I began searching for online information that might aid and help lighten her load in terms of navigating through these uncharted waters that we all eventually cross in one form or another.

It was during my search, that a post from this website emerged. I believe it was titled 60’s - 70’s. I enjoyed the read very much, and it made me smile because I can relate to many of the sentiments listed, as I am 63 years old.

If that post had not cross my path, I would not be here today.

So again, I appreciate your warm welcome. I’m still learning how to navigate through the site. There’s such an abundance of interesting and engaging conversation, it’s enjoyable spending reading and hearing what others have to say about life, their beliefs, and always their personal experiences.

I appreciate the suggestion to explore the cooking threads. There’s so much I’ve yet to discover.

I’m surprised at how many photos there are of big tractors ... they’re monstrous machines when viewed close up as in the photos. I’ve never truly looked at one until now. I didn’t know people even discussed them, let alone share photographs.

Just goes to show we learn something new everyday.

Warm Regards,

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Hi and welcome to FF So So. Thank you for your awesome intro. I hope you enjoy the forums.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Hello, Again...

Thank you very much for such a heartwarming welcoming. I’m surprised and moved by your warm reception.

I feel rather fortunate to have discovered this forum. It was strictly by accident.

My niece is currently dealing with her aging father. Lately, his behavior is a bit off and altered in terms of how he processes and registers daily life.

He does seemingly odd things that are out of character such as leaving the oven on after baking, or flushing leftovers down his commode instead of throwing them in the garbage.

Two months ago, he backed his vehicle into a passing car as he was backing out of the driveway. His response was, “She should have slowed down.” Which is true, yet, the other driver had the lawful right of way ...

My niece is quite distressed, and for good reason. Her father is 74 years old with strong constitution yet exhibiting obvious sign of elderly decline.

In hope of finding information to aid my niece to prepare for her father’s long march to the graveyard, I began searching for online information that might aid and help lighten her load in terms of navigating through these uncharted waters that we all eventually cross in one form or another.

It was during my search, that a post from this website emerged. I believe it was titled 60’s - 70’s. I enjoyed the read very much, and it made me smile because I can relate to many of the sentiments listed, as I am 63 years old.

If that post had not cross my path, I would not be here today.

So again, I appreciate your warm welcome. I’m still learning how to navigate through the site. There’s such an abundance of interesting and engaging conversation, it’s enjoyable spending reading and hearing what others have to say about life, their beliefs, and always their personal experiences.

I appreciate the suggestion to explore the cooking threads. There’s so much I’ve yet to discover.

I’m surprised at how many photos there are of big tractors ... they’re monstrous machines when viewed close up as in the photos. I’ve never truly looked at one until now. I didn’t know people even discussed them, let alone share photographs.

Just goes to show we learn something new everyday.

Warm Regards,
Funny how things work. I was looking for Zip Line equipment when I ran headlong into these crazy fools. Next thing I know I am surrounded my likeminded friends. We run the gammit of experiences ,trades and professions. And share a love of good honest conversations.

Lot's to see and do here. Jump in and enjoy.

As for your niece and her issues with dad, there are some here with appropriate experience and compassion. They'll happily lend an ear. And share stories. As for me, my contributions are free advice. Trust me,,,,;Worth every penny.

enjoy

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
"I’m surprised at how many photos there are of big tractors ... they’re monstrous machines when viewed close up as in the photos. I’ve never truly looked at one until now. I didn’t know people even discussed them, let alone share photographs."

Oh you poor thing. You must have lived a very sheltered life. :) :)

Going 'way back, some of the first inductees on this board were escapees of another tractor board where things got too restrictive.

Many of us live out in the country and as such need to do work around the place however big or small it is. To do work you need machinery and the king of machines on the farm is the tractor. They come in all sizes, makes and models and guys being guys, we like to discuss how to do things with them and how to modify them in order to get something done. Some guys are car guys and some are tractor guys and a lucky few are both except that I think that tractors are sexier. Kenny Chesney agrees with me.

Kenny Chesney - She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy (2-Channel Stereo Mix) - YouTube

P.S. I've never met anything like that out in the pasture or the field.

So-So

Hello, Doc, FS, Tex, and Everyone...

Thank you for stopping by with your thoughtful greetings and kind words of encouragement.

Your friendly gesture makes a huge difference for a newcomer like myself. Your visit helps ease into acquaintance with your community and all it has to offer.

You know Doc, I feel rather foolish for not having recognized or acknowledged you sooner as the poster of “Changes Once You Hit 60 or 70” -

I think it is a brilliant post. And I think it’s mere presence shall probably change many lives in thousands of positive and intimate ways beyond imagining for all who have good fortune to read it.

It is so very true how funny things work ... especially in the moment when we least expect, when our life suddenly takes an unexpected, unplanned turn.

A few days ago, I would never have thought to contemplate the fact and truth of having lived a “sheltered life” within the context of Tex’s narrative. Yet it’s true.

Most of my life I’ve lived near, or next to the ocean, or on an island.

So it is a fact I’ve gone through the better part of my life ignorant of what it actually means to live, breathe, and work farmland.

Hence, my ignorance and awe regarding my initial reaction at sight of seeing so many photographs here in the forum of tractor machinery.

The surprise has worn off as I’ve become more familiar with what I am viewing through some of the posts I’ve been reading here in the forum. Yet awe remains as I can only imagine the industry and ingenuity it must take to own and tame such a powerful monstrous beast.

I’m enjoying the rich diversity of conservation. And I have to say, I was pleased as punch to run across the post on, “How To Make Cough Syrup”! I love the novelty of the idea so much, that I’m thinking of making a batch large enough to gift a small portion to each of my siblings.

I’ve taken a screenshot of the yellowed vintage recipe as well. I think it’s lovely, as it conjures warm memory for me of my mother...

Again, warm regards