• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Got tired of ---

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
--- yankin' the rope on my old 15HP 'Rude for 18 yrs and bought a new 9.9hp 4 stroke Merc which is electric start. It sure is a lot smoother and quieter than the old one, which I might add is 66 yrs old. It still starts easy and will troll all day w/o missing a beat. If it weren't for needing the elec. start I'd still stick with the 'Rude.
Mike

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Can't beat the older engines without all the modern electronics. Growing up we had a 28hp evinrude that never missed a beat. It was a '63 I believe and still ran perfectly until we upgraded in 94 to a newer boat with a 40hp Johnson with electric start and trim/tilt. My brother ran it a few more years until he upgraded.