• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

GM and China

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I will never buy a GM product ever again... :hammer:

This is just the last straw, after we the tax payer bailed these idiots out.. :hammer:

https://electrek.co/2017/09/19/gm-electric-cars-china/

https://phys.org/news/2017-04-gm-electric-cars-china.html

https://www.investors.com/news/gm-g...-electric-car-targets-evs-china-kandi-surges/

Yup, in CHINA no less. God help us...

Trump you have my permission to deal the must be left wing idiots at GM a fatal blow. 15,000 workers out the door, while they aid the Chinese economy who are boycotting my farm products. :hammer:

We saved them from extinction, and now they are traitors to the American tax payers. Fuq them....

Regards, Kirk

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I will never buy a GM product ever again... :hammer:

This is just the last straw, after we the tax payer bailed these idiots out.. :hammer:

https://electrek.co/2017/09/19/gm-electric-cars-china/

Yup, in CHINA no less. God help us...

Trump you have my permission to deal the must be left wing idiots at GM a fatal blow. 15,000 workers out the door, while they aid the Chinese economy who are boycotting my farm products. :hammer:

We saved them from extinction, and now they are traitors to the American tax payers. Fuq them....

Regards, Kirk

The GM bailout was all about the Unions. Not saving the Company. Former ( I love sayin' that) President Obama threw the taxpayers under the bus when he over ruled the bankruptcy courts ( to which no federal circuit court judge objected) and did multi billion dollar deals. In my opinion illegally so. Deals which gave GM life and boatloads of money, put Chrysler at the mercy of failing Fiat (because it was a union shop) and gave Ford the finger.

Don't be mad at the Corporation alone. The Unions got their deal ten years ago when they sold out their membership to the Democrats. And now they got nuthin'. I say why buy a top dollar Cadillac when KIA's are built by the same workers in China.

Last edited:

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
....and here's my all time favorite POTUS's answer to all this.

Screen Shot 2018-11-28 at 6.24.46 PM.png

Bamby

As far as I'm concerned they're just following and doing the Capitalist Agenda. It's what CEO's are paid to do, bring in profits to the shareholders despite the carnage they leave in their wake... I mean it goes along with doing away with the minimum wage and all forms of taxes to continue bringing in more and bigger profits to the shareholders. Heck their stock has already risen somewhat just announcing their intentions.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
As far as I'm concerned they're just following and doing the Capitalist Agenda. It's what CEO's are paid to do, bring in profits to the shareholders despite the carnage they leave in their wake... I mean it goes along with doing away with the minimum wage and all forms of taxes to continue bringing in more and bigger profits to the shareholders. Heck their stock has already risen somewhat just announcing their intentions.

When I worked for a large corporation, and when I ran my own businesses, every time I registered with the State, the "Purpose" of the business was to make a profit. Therefore, making profits is sanction by the same said State.

Why is this evil?

Employees spend energy and resources to profit via wages. Businesses do the same, for the same reasons. Neither should be held morally accountable for making profit. Any amount of profit for their activities and efforts.

The business of America,,,; is BUSINESS! The purpose of business is PROFIT.

Please,,,; get over it.

However, with GM corporation, once the State entered into a partnership rather than let it fail, the Corporation had amoral obligation to it's partner. The tax payer. The original sin of this is on the government who should not be picking winners and losers. IE,,,; Obama made a deal with the devil in the name of the American taxpayer. The devil is what it is. So our argument should be with he who negotiated the deal. I suggest we not elect any one who would do such dealings.

BTW Bamby, corporations don't pay taxes. They Collect them for the government from the consumer. That would be us.

Last edited:

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter

Dems could be buying the stock to help shore it up. In the long run they want to ruin the economy and tank it to increase the chances of removing Trump. Yes I believe they are that desperate, and with Styer and Soros money playing on their side it could well be yet another political attack on Trump that has the stock up... for now. If Trump wins this war, expect the Government to flog GM with all it can for deserting the American worker.. All things these days are political.

Also, how much of GM do the Chinese own? DO you suppose since their goal is to capture the electric car market, they are putting pressure on GM and also making Trump's economic gains less so? If they can, you bet they are I say..

So I believe you are falling for this issue just the way the left and China are wishing you would.

Regards, Kirk

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter

I think that you nailed it Bamby. It's all about the stock price and the stockholders. Don't forget that all the GM management also hold stock options. Every dollar rise in the stock price potentially makes them a fortune.

I saw the same thing when I worked in the oilfield. Every 3 or 4 years we would go through a "reorganization" where 15% to 20% of the employees were let go. It didn't mean much as many of the employees who were fired were hired back almost immediately as "consultants" but Wall Street loved it and played along, driving up the stock price. If you actually studied the Annual Report you could find the stock options held by Board Members and Upper management. Every $5 rise in the stock price made them MILLIONS. Don't get me wrong. Their job is to make a profit for the company and they feather their own nest along the way. If the stock doesn't rise, they don't exercise their option to buy and make nothing.

In full disclosure I have to admit that my wife was in management for the same oil company and she held stock options so I saw the system work in all it's glory. When you look at my wife's position all you have to do is scale it up as you climb the food chain.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I think that you nailed it Bamby. It's all about the stock price and the stockholders. Don't forget that all the GM management also hold stock options. Every dollar rise in the stock price potentially makes them a fortune.

I saw the same thing when I worked in the oilfield. Every 3 or 4 years we would go through a "reorganization" where 15% to 20% of the employees were let go. It didn't mean much as many of the employees who were fired were hired back almost immediately as "consultants" but Wall Street loved it and played along, driving up the stock price. If you actually studied the Annual Report you could find the stock options held by Board Members and Upper management. Every $5 rise in the stock price made them MILLIONS. Don't get me wrong. Their job is to make a profit for the company and they feather their own nest along the way. If the stock doesn't rise, they don't exercise their option to buy and make nothing.

In full disclosure I have to admit that my wife was in management for the same oil company and she held stock options so I saw the system work in all it's glory. When you look at my wife's position all you have to do is scale it up as you climb the food chain.

I see this, and can agree that is supposed to be how it works.

But with Soros throwing more then 32 billion dollars at personally seeing Trump removed from office, I have to wonder. Don't think Soros would not do this, knowing the Chinese want this as well.

Also the Chinese stake in GM is bothering me, as well a the timing of this. We know GM is in bed with them on electric cars, and market annalists are pointing to them as the future of the automobile. Soros would gladly work IMHO the auto industry is being very foolish in general, loading up most all models with garbage for poor and texting drivers. Called driver assist technology for instance. It is designed to keep fools from crashing cars as they are now doing, while doing something other than paying attention to driving.. Basic automobiles are hardly available anymore, in the models that I care to drive anyway.. Lots are full of new cars and trucks, because people and like me and many others refuse to pay $40-$70K for crap we don't need.

Regards, Kirk

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Unless the "Instant Recharge" technology of car batteries is perfected which is replacing the spent electrolyte with recharged electrolyte, just like currently filling your current vehicle with gas, electric cars will NEVER become mainstream. Try as the greenies may to deliver us the miracle of the electric automobile, they are light years away from even being close to delivering the current flexibility and affordability of gas powered cars. If they were, then people would be buying them and GM would be getting ready to deliver us the Volt 2.0 instead of scrapping it. I'm willing to bet the Nissan Leaf is just as big a failure, but Nissan has not admitted it yet. A Ford Focus Electric sells for close to $40 grand. 40 Grand for a Focus puddle jumper? Seriously?

The current itineration of the electric car is a total 100% unmitigated failure. Laughable, but the joke is on us, the taxpayer.

Bamby

I see this, and can agree that is supposed to be how it works.

IMHO the auto industry is being very foolish in general, loading up most all models with garbage for poor and texting drivers. Called driver assist technology for instance. It is designed to keep fools from crashing cars as they are now doing, while doing something other than paying attention to driving.. Basic automobiles are hardly available anymore, in the models that I care to drive anyway.. Lots are full of new cars and trucks, because people and like me and many others refuse to pay $40-$70K for crap we don't need.

Regards, Kirk

Personally I do agree with you but capitalism could care less what you or me think about anything all it's concerned about is corporate profits. Anything standing in the way of their profits is expendable. People, Nationalism, or nothing else matters to them. Fact is corporations find "times of war" as their most profitable quarters.

This is likely the only time where they play off or actually project a sense of patriotism. It's not because they're loyal to the country is because of a the projected profits they see in blood, guts, gore, bullets, and bombs.

Personally I believe some businesses have been allowed to get to big and therefor have to much influence on society. GM should have sunk and therefor created a void that could have been filled with new makers with new innovative ideas.

PS as far as the "Safety Software" built into the newer vehicles. The insurance company's may be the biggest pusher. The measures will or should increase their profits by reducing accidents at our forced expense of purchasing the software system in any new automobile.

Last edited: