• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Glad I have not participated in social media

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Why?

Just look at those supposedly harmless platforms. Yesterday we find out the truth. We are being surveilled by big tech. They track EVERYTHING you do on the net, and they also communicate between companies about platforms they want to force out, and about you if your causing them grief by posting TRUE news..

I read their privacy and terms of use before I decided to join in. If you care to read these, and your a logical reasoning person with out a herd mentality, most would have to admit they would not have anything to do with social media companies who now are enjoying total control over what we see and hear on the internet.

These supposedly harmless platforms are now being used to control our elections, and who will Govern this country in the future. Did you expect this to happen when you joined up? Maybe you should reconsider....

Watch this liar, Zuckerberg under oath yesterday. Look at the data they collect about YOU!!!!

Regards, Kirk

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I agree with you Kirk.
But the thought I had while watching some of the testimony I could not help but think of the MSM and the untruths they spout and how they taint opinions with out and out lies and they get by with it due to the first amendment freedom of the press. In so many ways they are worse than the social media sites. Most know not to trust or believe social media sites but main stream media news is or was trusted by the masses as truth. Over the past 20 years that has changed but many in the USA do not realize that if they only watch MSM news. :bonk:

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
I agree with you Kirk.
But the thought I had while watching some of the testimony I could not help but think of the MSM and the untruths they spout and how they taint opinions with out and out lies and they get by with it due to the first amendment freedom of the press. In so many ways they are worse than the social media sites. Most know not to trust or believe social media sites but main stream media news is or was trusted by the masses as truth. Over the past 20 years that has changed but many in the USA do not realize that if they only watch MSM news. :bonk:
I think the mainstream news has pretty much always walked in lockstep with the Dims. It wasn't until the 90's when opposition voices like Rush came on the sene where people started to notice and now its an air raid siren. I have never had a fakebook account or tweeted and never will.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Social media was supposed to be the answer to MSM bias. Turns out that was a dangerously wrong understanding. I have never used twitter, Facebook or nay of those platforms.

Just think about all the companies and small businesses that depend on these platforms to do business. Zuckerman knows more about the intimate details of everyone of them than the IRS.

And citizens too!

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I agree with you Kirk.
You are pointing out the sad truth here. Conservatives have very few trusted out lets for news these days.
The mainstream media and social media are not on the same page with us. In fact if they can find a way to get rid of us, I bet they are willing to do it. No doubt. So, in consequence I am not sure how to respond, other than in like fashion. Do unto them as they do unto us...
Logic and reason just gets you called the favorite name of the day. I know several of them by the way!!

Regards, Kirk