• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Gibberish translation thread

Gunsrus

A user on YouTube made a video that added a literal English translation of what was being said in one of Hitler's rants in the film downfall. They range from hilarious to wired and I can make make sense of most of them, but some make me wonder what is being said. For example...

"Ass for an UNCLE whore, who're a- knocking, who can fudge and fuck in."

... what does that mean?

chowderman

perhaps his German isn't as good as he thinks?

I've watched a number of Hitler speeches "as filmed" - they can be/are very difficult to follow. #1 the language/syntax/vocabulary used is archaic - and #2 the quality of the record and crowd noise is a big factor. not many written transcripts exist of his rants and raves - those that do exist I'm pretty sure Goebbels would have "edited for effect."

just reading Hitler's original text in Mein Kampf is a struggle for anyone born after the war. the language changed, and the younger you are the more "say whot?" happens.