• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Garden Invisible Fence

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
My corn and potatoes started coming up and sure enough the deer have hit. They already have eaten a bunch of plants right to the ground. A guy recomeneded to me or he told me he heard of a spray that you could use to keep deer and racoons away from your garden. Did a search on the web and can't find anything. Has anyone here heard of such a thing?

murph

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Murph,
I've seen some motion detector things that will activate a water sprinkler when an animal enters the area. Is that what you're referring to?

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
I just found it. It is called Liquid Fence or another product you can get is called Deer out. My local nursery has the Liquid Fence.

Jerry the motion detector is the thing I originally wanted but I would need two of them and I think they were expensive. So I am going to try the Liquied Fence stuff first and see how it works.

murph

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
You will spend more than the sprinklers on the liquid fence or repellex. The cost of that stuff adds up.

The scarecrow sprinklers work well.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Yeah PB, your probably right. Just checked the price of the concentrate and it's $40.00 to mix 4 gallons. The four gallons for both of my gardens should last about 3 months. The motion detector sprinklers will run about $70.00 and I would need 3 of them. I would also have to hook up garden hoses every night which would be a pain since I would be using them for the most part for my lawn during the day. But they would last a lot longer. So I have a decision to make.

murph

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
Murph.... we sell the deer repellent in the store, but I will have to check tomorrow to see how much it costs. If you want the sprinkler device, I can also get that for you if you like. I had the info on the sprinklers, but didn't go forward with it because of the pricing and quantitys neccessary to become a dealer. If you want 3 at cost, I will give it more consideration. Same goes for everyone else here.....except Pineridge.... Junk....

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
It's all a big hassle. I just built the 8 foot high fence. It's ugly but it works!

; )

I've got a scarecrow and use it whenever the deer start showing up. I move it around the yard so they are constantly getting hit.

It would be nice to have more but they are pretty expensive.

PB

patifernan

Hey! Same happened here and I used this [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Havahart-5268-Repellent-Detector-Sprinkler/dp/B004VMACA6"]Amazon.com: Havahart Spray Away Elite 5268 - Motion Detector Sprinkler Animal Repellent: Patio, Lawn & Garden[/ame]

It happened to be quite effective. It can cover up to a 1000-square-foot area and in my opinion, I think it's more practical than to having a fence which interfere with the sight of your garden or landscape.

Hope this helps :smile:
Pati.