• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Game cam with cellular connection

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I recently saw a couple game cams with 5g which will text the images to your phone right after it takes the pic. I'm very interested in getting one of these but hoping for some help from someone who has one already that can advise plusses and minuses, brand recommendations etc.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Looking at this trail cam on amazon. But it's set for AT&T or Tmobile. I'm verizon. Plus I've read where some of the data plans that come with the trail cams are outrageously priced. I'm thinking you'd be better off to buy one that can work on whatever carrier you have and buy the data plan from the carrier. Not sure that is possible at this point.

This camera comes with rechargeable batteries or you can purchase a solar panel that can power the unit. I would not want to have to continually be recharging or switching out batteries if I bought an extra set for the trail cam. Love the idea of solar but gray Ohio skies might not be enough solar to power the unit. I suppose I could go times without till sun shines and charges it but prefer a camera that would work off batteries when solar power is not enough to run the camera.

Still looking for the right one for me at this point.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I will avoid G5 phones period, till the day they either offer one that is not G5 .
It is a tracking device, along with surveillance capabilities.
Not to mention the RF pollution it causes, operating in the microwave area of the spectrum.
5G IMHO is an off shoot of the Chinese and Apple and Android used in China for surveillance of the people.
I do not think I am overreacting here from what I am now learning....

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I should have said 4G or any game cam with cellular communication. 5G is not available in the sticks were I am. I simply saw cameras mention 5G so I included that in my quest.
I saw yesterday that AT&T and Verizon will delay 5G rollout due to possible interference with planes.

Any game cam with celluarl could fill my need.

Nort Woods

GOLD Site Supporter
Doc, I have been checking out cellular trail cams ass well. There are a few good ones but no great ones. I am leaning to Spypoint. I have Verizon for my regular cell service but it doesn’t work well on our hunting property so I will be going with AT&T which is not the greatest either but better than Verizon in our area. The cell plans are not outrageously priced. Start out with the most reasonably priced plan and see how it works for you. My neighbor has Had his cameras for a few years and at first thought he needed the biggest plan out there but soon found out he was just wasting his money as the smallest plan offers him more than enough photos and he opts out of the plan during summer months. Just my thoughts on the matter. Good luck.

tommu56

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I just got Vosker 150 (literally an hour ago) 150 and post up how it works
I went to set it up and we live further back in the sticks than doc we have no cell service at home but its going up at camp by our gate were 2 game cameras got stolen in the last 2 weeks.
I looked at a few and the was the best choice for me to try
A close 2nd was the the reo link pt or the keen ranger -pt.
Note you can buy your own sim card for them check video out for information.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
I just got Vosker 150 (literally an hour ago) 150 and post up how it works
I went to set it up and we live further back in the sticks than doc we have no cell service at home but its going up at camp by our gate were 2 game cameras got stolen in the last 2 weeks.
I looked at a few and the was the best choice for me to try
A close 2nd was the the reo link pt or the keen ranger -pt.
Note you can buy your own sim card for them check video out for information.

I have Yellowstone AI, its similar, takes motion detected pictures, night vision and sends them to my cell phone. Has a solar panel to keep the battery charged. My cabin neighbor turned me on to it. So far I am very happy with it. Speaking to your cameras getting stolen, mine didn't get stolen but it stopped sending pictures. I had my cabin neighbor check it out and told me someone unplugged the solar panel. Said someone had to do it, so he moved it for me and put it much higher with an extension ladder. I think someone was trying to disable the camera then come back later. At the same time he said someone disconnected the spring line at his place. If they came back and saw the camera moved, they know we know. I like the feature on yours that allows the camera angle to be adjusted without going there. If I get another, I will be looking at these.

tommu56

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I have Yellowstone AI, its similar, takes motion detected pictures, night vision and sends them to my cell phone. Has a solar panel to keep the battery charged. My cabin neighbor turned me on to it. So far I am very happy with it. Speaking to your cameras getting stolen, mine didn't get stolen but it stopped sending pictures. I had my cabin neighbor check it out and told me someone unplugged the solar panel. Said someone had to do it, so he moved it for me and put it much higher with an extension ladder. I think someone was trying to disable the camera then come back later. At the same time he said someone disconnected the spring line at his place. If they came back and saw the camera moved, they know we know. I like the feature on yours that allows the camera angle to be adjusted without going there. If I get another, I will be looking at these.
The Vosker isn't remote controlled I picked it because they have a cage for it and the others didn't
I got a cable lock to go through the tree (yes I'm drilling through the tree to make it more trouble to cut cable) and screwing cage to the tree. mounting it 10 12 ft above ground then putting a dead one low on the tree as a decoy to catch them.
I'm also planning on spraying dead camera with Christmas tree spray that stinks like a skunk when it gets warm so if they steal it then it will stink in their car are home :lmao:

Reactions: Doc

tommu56

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm still looking for Wi-Fi game camera system that runs on 12 v
I just got done building a 12v /48v power supply to run my ViaSat internet connection so I don't have to keep inverter running (cabin is totally off grid) this cuts the draw of the inverter and ViaSat brick losses out of the equation

tommu56

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I got camera working today seems great we'll have to see about at night.
This is my wife riding in to gate.

1666905230141.png

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Great pic.
Is this solar only or does it have replaceable alkaline batteries as backup
The place I want mine would not get much sun.

tommu56

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Great pic.
Is this solar only or does it have replaceable alkaline batteries as backup
The place I want mine would not get much sun.

It has solar panel on top of it charges the lithium battery it can be removed and charged too.
The only issue is their security cage is too loose and i had to put extra foam to keep camera secure
cage is made for 150 and 300 cameras

stock picture not mine

image of 150

1666909301644.png

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Nice. Will be interesting to see how it holds it's charge over the winter when the sun is not so direct.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
The Vosker isn't remote controlled I picked it because they have a cage for it and the others didn't
I got a cable lock to go through the tree (yes I'm drilling through the tree to make it more trouble to cut cable) and screwing cage to the tree. mounting it 10 12 ft above ground then putting a dead one low on the tree as a decoy to catch them.
I'm also planning on spraying dead camera with Christmas tree spray that stinks like a skunk when it gets warm so if they steal it then it will stink in their car are home :lmao:
the camera in the video has a remote control, thats the one I would get next

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
They don't have locking cage for them that's why i picked the vosker it has security cage available.
I will just put it out of reach in the tree with an extension ladder and cut the lower branches off

tommu56

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
pictuers are great some are missing anything moving in window
won't pick up game we have a regular game camera as decoy to see if someone messes with it has game pictuers on it but vosker dosn't have any to match so its strictly a surveillance camera
night picture attached and foggy day picture.

1670974724527.png

1670974761229.png

tommu56

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
its cold up on the mountian and about 8" of snow

Attachments

• PICT0249_202212260726HCkgB.jpg
    PICT0249_202212260726HCkgB.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 6

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Awesome.
Guessing it would pick up a bear or deer / bigger game, right?

tommu56

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Awesome.
Guessing it would pick up a bear or deer / bigger game, right?
It hasen't picked up any game at all and missed my wife walking out past it twice.
The regular camera that is looking tward theis one picked up some deer earlier but we havent been able to get up there to check SD card to see lately.

I do like the pictuers for security but it is missing the game as far as I can tell.
It is sold as a "security camera" not as game cam from the reviews I read most people are getting the same results I am getting.

I changed the settings to take a picture in timelaps every 6 hours to see tempature and snow level to see if we can attempt to get in.
Its 7 miles up an forest road with no winter maintance and about 1 mile in our lane to camp.

tom

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Sorry to hear that. I agree good pic but where I was considering it was a boat dock area and it would have to pick up people. Missing them would mean I can't count on that solution. Oh well.

tommu56

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Day and night pictuer from cell game camera my wife actually said WTF the martians are comming :UtOh2:

I thought was star link but appears to be too low in the sky and in front of the trees, unless they are going to extremly low orbit like 3000 ft above sea level🤷‍♀️

Attachments

• daylight.jpg
    daylight.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 6
  • deltabase bz4 night.jpg
    deltabase bz4 night.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 6

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Ive seen those sort of things on my camera at the cabin. Most are bugs flying by the lens but a couple I still haven't figured out, like yours there is one with a big round light, looks like the moon but in-between my cabin and the mountain peak, so its not the moon. It was defiantly emitting light as you could see the shadows from the trees coming towards the camera. The only thing I can think of is it might be a lightning strike. Other than that I can't explain it.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
This one of them I can't explain, picture was taken by my trail cam at the cabin 5 miles off grid at 3:42 am on January 6 2023. The camera obviously saw something. But why is the shadows from the trees extending toward the camera? Had to be a light source coming from that direction in the snow in January 5 miles from a plowed road?? Weird things happen in the woods.