Header image

Game cam with 5G

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
I recently saw a couple game cams with 5g which will text the images to your phone right after it takes the pic. I'm very interested in getting one of these but hoping for some help from someone who has one already that can advise plusses and minuses, brand recommendations etc.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Looking at this trail cam on amazon. But it's set for AT&T or Tmobile. I'm verizon. Plus I've read where some of the data plans that come with the trail cams are outrageously priced. I'm thinking you'd be better off to buy one that can work on whatever carrier you have and buy the data plan from the carrier. Not sure that is possible at this point.

This camera comes with rechargeable batteries or you can purchase a solar panel that can power the unit. I would not want to have to continually be recharging or switching out batteries if I bought an extra set for the trail cam. Love the idea of solar but gray Ohio skies might not be enough solar to power the unit. I suppose I could go times without till sun shines and charges it but prefer a camera that would work off batteries when solar power is not enough to run the camera.

Still looking for the right one for me at this point.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I will avoid G5 phones period, till the day they either offer one that is not G5 .
It is a tracking device, along with surveillance capabilities.
Not to mention the RF pollution it causes, operating in the microwave area of the spectrum.
5G IMHO is an off shoot of the Chinese and Apple and Android used in China for surveillance of the people.
I do not think I am overreacting here from what I am now learning....

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
I should have said 4G or any game cam with cellular communication. 5G is not available in the sticks were I am. I simply saw cameras mention 5G so I included that in my quest.
I saw yesterday that AT&T and Verizon will delay 5G rollout due to possible interference with planes.

Any game cam with celluarl could fill my need.