• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Gab CEO completely backed up President Trump’s Twitter account

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Gab CEO completely backed up President Trump’s Twitter account before it was deleted and recreated him on Gab! What’s even more impressive is the did this while traffic was up 700% and under attack from leftists. Gab is currently having servers upgraded to handle the large influx in traffic but we’re told it should stabilize soon.

President Trump’s new account: https://gab.com/realdonaldtrump

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Good for him. A true patriot. I am not much for those social media sites, but I signed up, I think. I say think, because it was working so funky and slow I am not sure what happened.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Gab is enduring crazy growth. I'm sure adding Trump's content is only going to make it worse for a while. They are scaling their servers as fast as they can but they don't use services like AWS, Google, or Azure so they have to do it on their own.

It seems as soon as they add more capacity that it just gets consumed by new users. May be a few weeks before it levels out.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I tried to sign up to show support for their support of Trump and free speech. My request timed out and a window came up saying they were doing some maintenance. Very slow so I suppose millions are banging at their door.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
This is good to hear. With Twitter closing out anyone with conservative views, shutting down Parlor, we need another communications site.

I don't use these sites but millions have come to rely on them. And 75 million Americans were just shut out and told shut up, take their evil butts home and be quiet. Gubmit doesn't want to hear from them..

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Not having a mobile app will hurt Gab in the long run, that is why they are developing their own mobile OS and store. Not sure how all that will work out, but as the divide in this country grows greater and greater by the day, I suppose it is not beyond the realm of reason that us correct and proper right thinkers will even abandon Google and Apple phones and have our own operating systems and phones.

If dividing this country is what the Communist Dems are going for, I will give them credit, they are doing a bang up job of it.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Screenshot_20210112-135252_Chrome.jpg

I was there long enough to set up a quick profile, then join some groups.
It keeps pooping out with server issues, and or asking me if I'm blocking cookies.
?

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
I think the site works better with Brave or Gab's version of Brave - Dissenter:

Both appear to be better browsers than the mainstream browsers and they certainly do a lot more to protect your privacy.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
The CEO just reported that they have had over 1 million sign-ups in the last 48 hours. Yeah, they are going to be slow for a while.

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
I joined GAB this afternoon. Looks like a great place to be. Thanks, PB,for the heads up. I watched the video of the trans lady ripping schumer. He just stood there and took it like the little boy he is, LOL!! All mouth and no balls!!