Fruit trees?

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Pink on the box I hope... The contents are a nice blue. I deal in primary colors but I believe aqua may be right.
Yep, those plants grow easy around here.

Then they may have changed it. I have Azealea food here that is a pink powder. But the box is five years old.

I generaly use such fertilzers out of desperation as mostly I am organic. But for a fast "emergency " fix they come in handy.

If you have lots of Azealeas and Rhodes, I would assume your soil is fine to go as is. Amend for drainage and nutrition.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
11 trees arrived today from Stark's.

Got 7 in the ground today (as I'm hand digging the holes and the rain/40-degrees kept me inside until about 6:00) and will get the remainder in tomorrow morning.

Nice trees. I was expecting 2' tall and they came in at 4'. They're pruned pretty heavily but that's cool by me.

The 2 bigger apples I put in a couple weeks ago are looking kind of rough. I'll blame it on the weather.

muleman

worn out farmer
GOLD Site Supporter
We are under a freeze warning again tonight. It is doing a number on a lot things around here. Hope your apples rebound. My cherry trees look like they took a hit as well as the peach trees. Sure hope this is the end of the real bitter cold. Peas are going to need replanted as they are mostly brown. I see where you are right on the edge of the warning area again. Good luck!

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks Bill. Our low for tonight should be around 34-36 degrees so I think I'll be OK.

I took my time (OK, I was late) on peas, radish, carrots and onions so I'm good there.

That really nice weather over the last month had a lot of people putting things in early. Many will be replanting due to the recent frost/snow.

muleman

worn out farmer
GOLD Site Supporter
Last year i was so late because of the rain that my peas cooked in the heat. Got some from the late ones but lost most to an early frost. Just have to keep trying.

Andrei

Banned
$9.95 any fruit tree in 5 gall at a nursery I pass by.
So I got 2 quince trees, 2 cherry, 2 plums, 2 pear trees and planted on my ranch.
Now I just have to water them and wait.