friend died of covid yesterday

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
A friend of ours died of covid yesterday. It was the straw that broke the camel's back as he had been in and out of hospitals for years and didn't have a good outlook for a long life to start with as he had a heart transplant a few years ago that was beginning to show signs of rejection the past couple years. He messaged my wife 3 days ago saying he had covid and it wasn't good. His body just didn't have to strength to fight it.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Sorry to hear this and very sorry for your loss.

Sadly the compromised are still very susceptible to Covid. Everyone can get it. People at risk should not be exposed. It’s a lesson we all need to keep in mind. It’s pretty easy for the healthy to blow off the concerns, to ignore this, but it is still killing people.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Sorry to hear this and very sorry for your loss.

Sadly the compromised are still very susceptible to Covid. Everyone can get it. People at risk should not be exposed. It’s a lesson we all need to keep in mind. It’s pretty easy for the healthy to blow off the concerns, to ignore this, but it is still killing people.

Agreed 👍. The healthy are quick to blow off concerns (myself included). It is a serious illness. We have a good friend from camp who's been battling throat cancer for a while now. Sadly the writing is on the wall for him as he now has a tracheotomy and can no longer speak. He is on palliative radiation and was told there's nothing more that can be done for him. We were rather upset with another friend who was supposed to be in quarantine with his son who had covid. Well, he showed up at the fire drunk the other night and wouldn't leave. We all got upset as just because he's negative, his son is still positive and it could be the final nail in our friends coffin if he got it.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Sorry to hear your news. COVID has taken the lives of so many and is still ruining the lives of others.

My wife and I are still careful, not paranoid but still careful and probably always will be. It's part of our lives now.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Here he is with a friend last fall at his birthday bonfire. (That's me in the background)

FB_IMG_1659629819073.jpg