• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

French Riots and the war in Iraq

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Well here are the current stats from France:

• 13 nights of riots
  • 18 major cities affected seriously, others with minor outbreaks, 120 total affected
  • Special emergency decrees in the following cities
    • Paris region
      Strasbourg
      Lille
      Nice
      Marseille
      Rouen
      Toulouse
      Amiens
      Dijon
      Le Havre
  • One man killed
  • 5,873 cars torched
  • 1,500 people arrested
  • 17 people sentenced
  • 120 police and firefighters injured

Last edited:

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
And the quote of the century belongs to: Prime Minister Dominique de Villepin who said:

"The republic is at a moment of truth. What is being questioned is the effectiveness of our integration model."

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
LarryRB said:
I can't find it right now, however, Citroen has or had, one of the neatest car ads out there...

Lemme guess . . . it showed a bottle filled with gas, a rag, a group of mean looking kids, and a Citroen attempting to outrun the angry mob? :eek:

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter

UPDATE . . . UPDATE . . . UPDATE:

The situation in France is calming down after 14 nights of riots. ONLY a bit over 400 cars were set ablaze last night in France. Wow with that type of progress the riots should stop in about a month if they simply ignore them.

Got to love the French. They are just hapless idiots.

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
The Muslim kids without jobs are deciding that gas is costing them too much of their social welfare check they receive weekly. It's a good thing they are too stupid to siphon the gas out of a car before they set it on fire! They would save hundreds a week on their Molotov cocktail gas bill! See, only giving them social welfare checks and not sending them to college free as well is paying off for the French. Besides, the hip-hop artists are now helping the French government stop the riots because the sale of their music has taken a drop there since the Muslim youths are spending so much of their money on gas to set cars on fire each night.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
The French are just to good to be true because I can't make stuff up that is this silly.

French Stage Sit-In to Protest Violence

By JAMEY KEATEN, Associated Press Writer

Police tightened security in central Paris on Friday with riot forces and bomb squads along the Champs-Elysees, and angry residents of riot-torn suburbs staged a sit-in Friday near the Eiffel Tower, calling for an end to more than two weeks of arson and vandalism across France.

"Stop the Violence," read one banner draped on the Wall of Peace near the Eiffel Tower. Some of the 200 demonstrators — a small turnout in protest-friendly France — waved white flags.

So if I am reading the story correctly, to stop the violence the French people simply surrendered. Didn't they do that in WWII when the Germans showed up? :eek:

Now while all these good people are sitting down waiving their white flags of surrender, thier homes and shops are probably being randsacked by angry mobs of Algerians. :rofl1:

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
You all know that Mith got himself a new cell phone but couldn't figure out how to work it. So to help out the guy I called his phone so he could make sure it would receive a call. While he and I were talking he relayed this story to me about some conversation he had with French President Jacque Chirac. And as he was to humble to post it himself, I figured I would relay the story to you.

But I swear every word of it is true. :whistle:

EXTRA! EXTRA! READ ALL ABOUT IT!

WAR BETWEEN ENGLAND AND FRANCE AVERTED

Jacques Chirac, The French Prime Minister, was sitting in his office wondering what kind of mischief he could perpetrate against the United States when his telephone rang.

"Hallo, Mr. Chirac!", a heavily accented voice said. "This is Mith down at the Harp Pub just a couple stones throws outside of London, England. I am ringing to inform you that we are fed up with the way you thumb your nose at the English speaking world, and we are officially declaring war on you!"

"Well, Mith," Chirac replied, "This is indeed important news! How big is your army?"

"Right now," said Mith, after a moment's calculation, "there is me, that is to say, myself, me cousin Sean, me next door neighbor Seamus, and the entire dart team from the pub. That makes eight!"

Chirac paused. "I must tell you, Mith, that I have one hundred thousand men in my army waiting to move on my command."

"Begorra!" said Mith. "I'll have to ring you back!"

Sure enough, the next day, Mith called again. "Mr. Chirac, the war is still on. We have managed to get us some motorized equipment!"

"And what equipment would that be, Mith?" Chirac asked.

"Well, we have two combines, a bulldozer, and Murphy says we can have his farm tractor 'till the weekend."

Chirac sighed, amused. "I must tell you, Mith, that I have 6,000tanks and 5,000 armored personnel carriers. Also, I've increased my army to one hundred fifty thousand since we last spoke."

"Saints preserve us!" said Mith. "I'll have to get back to you."
Sure enough, Mith rang again the next day. "Mr. Chirac, the war is still on!" We have managed to get ourselves airborne! We've modified Jackie McLaughlin's ultra-light with a couple of shotguns in the cockpit, and four boys from the Shamrock Pub have joined us as well!"

Chirac was silent for a minute and then cleared his throat. "I must tell you, Mith, that I have 100 bombers and 200 fighter planes. My military complex is surrounded by laser-guided, surface-to-air missile sites. And since we last spoke, I've increased my army to two hundred thousand!"

"Jesus, Mary, and Joseph! Two hundred thousand, you say!" said Mith, "I'll have to ring you back."

Sure enough, Mith called again the next day. "Top o' the mornin', Mr. Chirac! I am sorry to tell you that we have had to call off the war."

"I'm sorry to hear that," said Chirac. "Why the sudden change of heart?"

"Well," said Mith, "we've all had a long chat over a bunch of pints, and I'm afraid your army of two hundred thousand sealed the deal. We all decided there's just no way we can feed two hundred thousand prisoners.

The best o' the rest o' the day to ya!