• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Ford wiper motor problems

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Anyone here have issues with their wipers not working on a ford?

My '17 f150 started having sluggish wipers a few weeks ago. They wouldn't go all the way up and stop. They wouldn't go down. They'd stay stuck halfway.

I did some research and discovered many others with the same issue. It happened to me yesterday again as I was driving on the highway. I used my bug juice to clean the windshield. The wipers went up but didn't come back down leaving the windshield coated in bug juice making it very difficult to see.

I tore into it when I got home and discovered the wiper linkages going to the motor were seized up burning out the motor. So I called the local ford dealership and they had 19 wiper arm linkages and 4 motors in stock and said it's a common problem but there's no safety recall for it yet.

Seems to me that having non working wipers is a safety issue???