Food you can't stand.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
I tried chestnuts roasting over an open fire ..at the Columbus zoo during Christmas Holiday one year. The song is okay but I do not see the attraction to the warm chestnuts. Yuck.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I tried chestnuts roasting over an open fire ..at the Columbus zoo during Christmas Holiday one year. The song is okay but I do not see the attraction to the warm chestnuts. Yuck.
That brings back bad memories of my vasectomy. [emoji31]

Back on track....never tried them. Lol.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

pirate_girl

Infirmière essentielle/meme Queen
GOLD Site Supporter
Same here.
I tried them in York, England one time from a little cart and wasn't too turned on by them.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Yes, I've eaten them but not a fan. The best use for chestnuts as a kid was to play conkers. (Google it)

Bannedjoe

Oh, here's another one that will damn near make me gag at just the mere sight of them.

Orange circus peanuts, candy corn.
zSlHzQd.gif

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-11-26 at 9.28.29 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2019-11-26 at 9.28.29 AM.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 63

Bamby

Since I spent a few weeks in the hospital a while back I find anything coming preloaded with salt repulsive. Ham and hot dogs for instance have to be boiled or preboiled to leach the excess salt out before I can find the palatable. I never realized just how many items there are that are loaded down with salt.
One good thing about it the fact my blood pressure now receives complements.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Since I spent a few weeks in the hospital a while back I find anything coming preloaded with salt repulsive. Ham and hot dogs for instance have to be boiled or preboiled to leach the excess salt out before I can find the palatable. I never realized just how many items there are that are loaded down with salt.
One good thing about it the fact my blood pressure now receives complements.

I can understand that. I think that it is an American thing as the same products in Europe contain a lot less salt. Same thing with sugar. American food manufacturers add sugar, sugar derivatives or sugar substitutes to just about everything for no real reason.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Anchovies and liverworst. I would eat the ass hole out of a dead rino before I would even smell either of those again. Marty

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Anchovies and liverworst. I would eat the ass hole out of a dead rino before I would even smell either of those again. Marty

Man, I love both of them. A pizza is not a pizza without anchovies and I'll eat any kind of sausage. The secret is not to ask what's in them. :clap::clap::clap: