• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Flooding issues possibly

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
At our cabin just a few days ago our water level was under 8 feet. With the rain we have gotten it is now expected to go up to 15 feet. Flood stage is 16 so we will be ok. Luckily my docks and boat lift have not been put in yet or I would be spending the day taking them all back out.

http://water.weather.gov/ahps2/hydr...&view=1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1&toggles=10,7,8,2,9,15,6

Last night out in front of my place a boat hit a big log and punctured his hull. He managed to get his boat to my shore. He had a puncture 8" wide by about 6 feet long. The boat did fill up. Spent a good portion of the night getting it up on a trailer.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Damn. Lots of rain up your way. Lucky you didn't have your boat lift in. That boat must've been underway when he hit that log to do that much damage. That's a shame. Sometimes you dodge one log and hit another, or just didn't see it ....they can sure do the damage though.

REDDOGTWO

Unemployed Veg. Peddler
SUPER Site Supporter
Should I stop planting now?

All that I can say is I just lost one season and a water tank. A lot of folks here lost a lot more.

I do feel sorry for anyone that has to go through it.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Don't stop planting. Drought will be next and you want things to at least be up so they can wilt.:whistling:

REDDOGTWO

Unemployed Veg. Peddler
SUPER Site Supporter
They just might. The flood took out the electrical service to my irrigation system. Two to three weeks for the electrician.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Reddog,

In my part of the state wwe are screaming for rain...It's brown lawn season here in May. We turned dry about 7 months ago, and it hasn't changed any yet...

Every year is different my dad told me years ago. He wasn't kidding at all...

Regards, Kirk

REDDOGTWO

Unemployed Veg. Peddler
SUPER Site Supporter
Seems like the ground moisture is adequate for now. Rained again today so planting is getting put off another day. Glad I did not of plant earlier as frost last night and forecasted again for to night. Up here it is if you do not like the weather wait a few minutes. We have had the wet cycles and dry cycles.

Went to the old home town last week to put flowers on the folks graves and went out to the farm where I grew up. The road south of the farm was flooded which I never saw while growing up. Seems like the potholes all have more water than ever for this time of year. The water short years are sure to come again.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
We are supposed to get big rains tomorrow. Hay is sure getting tall. Wish the rye would get going as the peas are outgrowing it right now. The creeks are quite low for this time of year.