• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

FlexTrac Nodel

caldonia

Just checked out a strange cat called a Flextrac Nodel. Built in Calgary, Canada. Kinda looks like a Spryte with many of the same features. This one has a Ford straight six 200, NP435 four speed manual tranny and a T16 diff.

Plate indicates that it is a 1971 vintage.

anybody got parts for this flavor of beast? how about an owners manual?

Looks like a good project machine as it starts and runs well with no major problems apparent on first inspection. Looks to be quite simple and easy to work on.

Any thoughts about it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

caldonia

This cat is a FN 15. there is no owners manual. Any body know where I can find one? I'll be looking at it again tomorrow and will come back with pictures.
How about parts? Seems like they may be hard to find. This is a very cool machine but I might be heading in a direction that I might regret. The price is nice so it might be worth the gamble.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
the t-series of diffs are getting hard too find as they are military surplus as i understand on the plus side other than brake bands that occasionaly need to be relined hey are pretty durable. fn-60's are the smallest around here so i can't help on a manual try to pm boggie i think he could help.

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I will have to look I think I may have a book for that Nodwell
The Differential chunk ( the center of the diff ) is the same as the Bombardier
The axles are different on some models so they would require the axles gears in the diff to be changed.

caldonia

Boogie,

Thanks for the reply. I would love to get my hands on any manuals you may have for the Nodwell machines. I am purchasing a Flex Trac Nodwell FN15 that is in good running condition but will need some attention down the road. Rear end and tracks are in good shape. Brake bands have very little time on them since being replaced 17 years ago. Machine has only 410 hours total. What could go wrong??? HA HA! I guess just about anything.

I appreciate you old timmers helping out rookies like myself. These machines are just way too much fun to not have one or two.

Caldonia

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
unless there is something wrong cosmetically or with the engine you should be ok Nodwells were built to work in the oil fields of Canada they also were used to pioneer the oil fields on the north slope and a lot are still in use up there today. nodwell made a name for them selfs by building tracked vehicles that were built like a brick out house. they are functional and for the most part reliable the only thing I could suggest is this thing likely has 30 years of additions and modifications to the wiring harness you would likely do well to re wire it with new fuse panels.