• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Fire

Leni

We got thru the traditional fire season with very little in the way of fires. Now I'm looking out my back window and the entire sky is smoke. There is a large fire in Calabasas. I'm not in danger but a lot of homes are. I'm watching the TV and flames are very close to homes. Way too close.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Definitely not something fun to watch. It's a helpless feeling to watch as people lose everything.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Leni, I'm in East Texas, you couldn't start a fire here with a flame thrower. We've had so much rain I've got plans to build an ark. Always be prepared!!!

I'm glad that the fires are missing you and please stay safe. I'm in a different part of the country and we have different priorities. Fortunately, all the really bad stuff is happening south of us.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
We went from drought conditions to monsoon rain for the past week. It's helped the fire situation up here at least.

Leni

The Marine layer came in last night and helped things. The problem is that the fire is in very steep terrain and the chaparral is bone dry. Chaparal plants have a lot of oil in them to protect them against the long hot dry season. Put a match to that and it goes up like a torch.

Right now the fire is up to 400 acres and 30% contained. We've lost a commercial building and have two damaged homes. One fireman has slight injuries. So far we've been pretty lucky.