• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Feminine Hygiene products mandated in boys bathrooms

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
OK, just wow. I just don't understand some things. I have come to accept that I am not "enlightened" enough to understand. I got nothing else to add to this absurdity. If it was just Illinois I'd say that they are just an oddity. But there are a dozen additional states considering this.

Illinois legislature passes law requiring feminine hygiene products in boys' bathrooms

Legislation sponsors urge change to support transgender students.

A bill awaiting the Illinois governor’s signature would require schools to provide free menstruation products in both girls' and boys' bathrooms for grades 4 through 12.
Currently, Illinois requires tampons to be provided to students who need them, but the supplies are kept in the nurse’s office.
State Rep. Kathleen Willis, D-Addison, a co-sponsor of the proposal, said products such as tampons and sanitary napkins are needed in both girls’ and boys’ bathrooms in order to address the health needs of transgender students.
“If you are biologically a female, but identifying as a male, you’re going to menstruate and you’re going to need these products,” Willis said during floor debate.
Bill co-sponsor, state Sen. Karina Villa, D-West Chicago, said the measure was an effort to end period poverty.
During a debate in the Senate, state Sen. Jil Tracy, R-Quincy, asked Villa why feminine hygiene products needed to be provided in boys’ bathrooms. Villa responded, “in case of an emergency.”
”I’m telling you there is no logic here,” Tracy said. “For an emergency is not a good answer. We've got to quit playing these stupid silly games here and get real and get fiscally responsible.”
State Rep. Avery Bourne, R-Morrisonville, voiced concerns over mandating schools to place these materials in all boys’ bathrooms, which would open the door for immature students to play with the costly resources.
“When you give a grade school boy something that’s adhesive, they’re going to put it in places,” Bourne said. “These products are not inexpensive and they are going to be misused if they are placed in elementary school boys' bathrooms.”
Illinois is one of more than a dozen states considering bills to require schools to provide free feminine hygiene products, although few have included boys’ restrooms.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
We gave an inch and see where it's led. Is there any way to stop this madness?
Not when taxpayer dollars are being spent by politicians.

Fortunately this is only mandated in schools, and I presume government buildings. It does not apply to private businesses so it is only taking money away from teachers and children!!!

• Sad
Reactions: Doc

Ceee

Site Supporter
“If you are biologically a female, but identifying as a male, you’re going to menstruate and you’re going to need these products,” Willis said during floor debate.
I don't like any of this madness either, but it has escalated to this point. I'm sure I'll be the lone dissenter, but I do think the transgenders need access to feminine products just like the biological females. Both should come to school prepared, but some kids just don't. Sometimes they just find themselves in a bind. If the girls have to go to the nurse for feminine products, so should transgenders.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I don't like any of this madness either, but it has escalated to this point. I'm sure I'll be the lone dissenter, but I do think the transgenders need access to feminine products just like the biological females. Both should come to school prepared, but some kids just don't. Sometimes they just find themselves in a bind. If the girls have to go to the nurse for feminine products, so should transgenders.
What biological male has Menstrual cycles?

Biological female tranny's can provide their own. Assuming wit all the testosterone and other "ingredients" required to be transgender.
TP is universal, I get that. But feminine Hygiene is unique to females. It should stay that way

Ceee

Site Supporter
I was thinking transgenders as in "females identifying as males." I may have screwed up how I worded that.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I was thinking transgenders as in "females identifying as males." I may have screwed up how I worded that.
Not a problem CEE. This whole idea is a screw up.

Be what you want to be. But don't force others to change so that the responsibility of your decision is on them.

Ceee

Site Supporter
If the women are not raising cain a bout the trans folks coming in their bathroom then why indeed do we have separate bathrooms. No need.
As my late father-in-law would say, "this is probably going to go over like a turd in the punch bowl," but I've got to say it anyway.

Consider this scenario: You have a young daughter who has attended school for a few years with a male who has always presented himself as a male. She considers him to be a male, and then lo and behold, he comes back to school the next year presenting himself as a female and he is allowed into the girls' bathroom.

That young girl is probably going to be very uncomfortable in the bathroom with who she thinks is a "him." I can't see the parents liking that either.

I'm going to have to agree with transgender bathrooms for schools.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
As my late father-in-law would say, "this is probably going to go over like a turd in the punch bowl," but I've got to say it anyway.

Consider this scenario: You have a young daughter who has attended school for a few years with a male who has always presented himself as a male. She considers him to be a male, and then lo and behold, he comes back to school the next year presenting himself as a female and he is allowed into the girls' bathroom.

That young girl is probably going to be very uncomfortable in the bathroom with who she thinks is a "him." I can't see the parents liking that either.

I'm going to have to agree with transgender bathrooms for schools.
But you are being a huge hypocrite (and no personal offense is meant by that statement but it is obvious) by saying this because earlier in the thread you were fine with girls who are transitioning to boys using the boys bathroom. But now you are not OK with boys transitioning to girls!?! So for boys transitioning to girls you want transgender bathrooms?

And exactly how are schools going to do this? Build new bathrooms? In every school? And I suppose locker rooms too? One would assume that faculty transgender bathrooms will also need to be constructed? Let's not forget the dressing rooms for the theatre department.

I'm curious how much this will cost us taxpayers. My little town, with 9000 residents, has 3 elementary schools, 1 middle school and 1 high school. Each school has multiple bathrooms for boys and multiple bathrooms for girls, plus multiple bathrooms for faculty. In the High School alone there are probably 5 or 6 different "boys" bathrooms. There is are 2 locker rooms for the swimming pool. There are 2 locker rooms for the other sports. So assuming parity for transgenders, in the high school alone there would need to be 2 transgender locker rooms for sports, plus 6 transgender bathrooms for students, and probably another 6 transgender faculty bathrooms, in addition to a transgender dressing room in the theatre department.

But wait ...

What if the transgender boys becoming girls feel uncomfortable sharing a locker room or a bathroom or a changing room with a transgender girl becoming a boy? And logically they would not want to share a bathroom with someone of the opposite sex. So we actually need 2 transgender bathrooms/locker rooms/dressing rooms for EACH of the regular bathrooms/locker rooms/dressing rooms to have parity with the "cis gendered" students and faculty.

So now, by my count, in the local high school, you would be advocating 12 new transgender student bathrooms, 12 new transgender factually bathrooms, 2 transgender dressing rooms in the theatre department, plus 4 transgender locker rooms for sports.

Assuming a very conservative and probably unrealisticly low cost of $50,000 per bathroom/locker room/dressing room, my little town is looking at a cost of $1,500,000 for just the high school alone. There are 4 other public schools to consider. So 9000 residents, which is roughly 2250 property taxpayers, are going to be coughing up something over $5,000,000. That works out to an added tax of $2000 per family to 'accomodate' a very tiny population of the town.

Where does this madness end?

According to WORLDMETER, my state has a transgender population of approximately 0.41%. Using that figure, my little town is going to spend between $5,000,000 and $6,000,000 to build bathrooms/locker rooms/dressing rooms for literally only a handful of students.

Honestly I'm not trying to be a jerk, but these are the questions that every town needs to ask, every citizen needs to ask. Are you, personally, willing or even able, to cough up an extra $2000+ to pay for this? The figures may be much higher in big cities with larger school populations. And understand, this will cost every taxpayer. But more realistically, in these hard economic times, many won't be able to pull $2000+ out of their food, diaper, housing budgets to pay for all these and other accommodations.

Ceee

Site Supporter
because earlier in the thread you were fine with girls who are transitioning to boys using the boys bathroom.]
I don't think I said that.

I do think the transgenders need access to feminine products just like the biological females
as in "females identifying as males.
I just said that they need access to feminine products, wherever those products are located.
Maybe it's just because I'm female and have more understanding of how a young girl would feel about having a "male" in her bathroom.

I totally understand your monetary argument because my school taxes are already astronomical.

Honestly I don't know the answer to the problem. What's your solution? Keep everything just like it is...biological males use the boys bathroom and biological females use the girls bathroom. Maybe transgenders just need to understand that they're going to be dealt some things in life that they're just not going to like due to their transgender decision.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter

I just said that they need access to feminine products, wherever those products are located.
Maybe it's just because I'm female and have more understanding of how a young girl would feel about having a "male" in her bathroom.

I totally understand your monetary argument because my school taxes are already astronomical.

Honestly I don't know the answer to the problem. What's your solution? Keep everything just like it is...biological males use the boys bathroom and biological females use the girls bathroom. Maybe transgenders just need to understand that they're going to be dealt some things in life that they're just not going to like due to their transgender decision.
They are less than 1% of the population. What should be done to accommodate them is NOTHING. It just legitimizes deviant behavior.

Ceee

Site Supporter
Ok, I get what you two are saying. I'm not such a hard-head that I can't read an opposing opinion, as long as it's civil, and start to re-think what I thought was right. I think the monetary argument combined with the 1% of the population has me re-thinking what I thought was the right thing to do.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
You actually did not. I re-read what you wrote about them needing hygiene products, on my first read it seemed like you were supportive of providing them in the men's rooms. On my second reading it does seem like you are implying they may need to see the school nurse. I admit my error.

Unfortunately there are, in many (and perhaps in most) schools, there is no longer a full time nurse.