• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Federal income tax payments/refunds

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Curious if others income taxes are taking extremely long to get processed.
I submitted our taxes in mid-February with a refund due back to me (electronically).
It's been over 2 months and still no refund. In past years, it was 3-4 weeks.
Think the IRS is withholding refunds as long as they can to keep their coffers full?

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I filed early through turbotax.
Got the alert email soon after that said both state and federal were accepted.
It took almost 6 weeks to get my fed back.
In fact the federal return and the stimulus came about the same time.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I didn’t file my returns yet. I did pay my quarterly estimated taxes. No clue if I’ll get a refund but historically the answer is I will owe. I’m never in a hurry to file.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
We filed on time and have a refund coming but it hasn't showed up yet. I'm waiting.

As far a stimulus checks go, we got the first one in full, we only got a small check for the second one and nothing on the third one.

Ceee

Site Supporter
I got mine back pretty quick. Maybe it makes a difference on how big your refund is. Mine was a big fat $28.00.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Maybe it makes a difference on how big your refund is.
That's what I'm wondering. My son got his $60 refund in 2 weeks. Ours is substantially more and it's been over 2 months so far.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Saw a news article a few days ago. The IRS is holding something like 30 million tax returns that are to be processed by hand.
It also said they're way behind due to staffing issues related to COVID.
Makes no sense to me that they're short staffed but instead of letting the computers do the work, they're holding 30 million returns to be looked at manually.

Ceee

Site Supporter
The IRS is holding something like 30 million tax returns that are to be processed by hand.
Have to ask this. Did you do prepare your own tax return and electronically file it, or did you have a CPA do your return and do the electronic filing?
That may make a difference too.

mbsieg

awful member
GOLD Site Supporter
I sent my payment in, three days from the day I wrote my check it was being pulled out of my bank account. They don't waste any time taking money out! And USPS cruises to that address evidentially.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Have to ask this. Did you do prepare your own tax return and electronically file it, or did you have a CPA do your return and do the electronic filing?
That may make a difference too.
The one in question, I did it and e-filed.

Ceee

Site Supporter
The one in question, I did it and e-filed.
If I were smart enough to do my own tax preparation, I would too. I can do the easy tax forms, but when it comes to the stuff about investments and all that, my eyes glaze over.

I'm sure you know how it goes with the IRS. They think everyone is out to screw them. I hope you get your refund quickly.