• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Facebook Can Cause Mental Illness

ArthurJ

> Consequences to Mental Health
> Conversely, a number of studies emphasize the potentially negative consequences of sites like Facebook. They document the incidence of anxiety, depression, ADHD, eating disorders and addictions among users. Some of the major findings include:
>
> Depression
> Cyberbullying increases risk of depression and anxiety in children.9
> Facebook can cause depression if the user makes negative comparisons between himself or herself and others.10
> Facebook use "predicts declines in subjective well-being: how people feel moment to moment and how satisfied they are with their lives."11
> Facebook can cause envy, which can lead to depression.12
> ADHD
> Social media can increase symptoms of ADHD.13
> Eating Disorders
> Body exposure on Facebook can lead to eating disorders.
> The incidence of body image disturbance among adolescent girls is associated with Facebook use.14
Source: https://www.mentalhelp.net/internet/social-media-hurting-or-helping/

ArthurJ

Yeah, I believe it.

I have four brothers who are on FB all the time.

Total liberal idiots now.
I don't even recognize them anymore.
The Liberals know that many people are very gullible and they take advantage of that. They tell lies without evidence and some people just accept it. One of my relatives has a Masters Degree and even she believes the lies of the Democrats. The media makes the situation worse. CNN, MSNBC, The NY Slimes and The Washington Pest are loaded with propaganda.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
The Liberals know that many people are very gullible and they take advantage of that. They tell lies without evidence and some people just accept it. One of my relatives has a Masters Degree and even she believes the lies of the Democrats. The media makes the situation worse. CNN, MSNBC, The NY Slimes and The Washington Pest are loaded with propaganda.
All of my bros but one have post graduate degrees.

And that one is a self made millionaire.

They all drink the koolaide.

Education has nothing to do with being smart.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Yeah, I believe it.

I have four brothers who are on FB all the time.

Total liberal idiots now.
I don't even recognize them anymore.
I have friends and some family members who seem to be on there posting alllll the time.
I tend to zip in and out.
Don't post a whole lot, or I should say no more than 5 posts a day WHEN I do.
By the way, Zuckerberg is going to change the name.
To what? 🙄

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
I have friends and some family members who seem to be on there posting alllll the time.
I tend to zip in and out.
Don't post a whole lot, or I should say no more than 5 posts a day WHEN I do.
By the way, Zuckerberg is going to change the name.
To what? 🙄
The fourth reich??

ArthurJ

Zookiebird is having problems. Because of the way he abuses people, he has enemies. Congress has him and his flunkies on the hot seat in Washington at least once a week. He kicked me off FB and I filed a complaint against FB with the Federal Trade Commission. I have sent the article about FB causing mental illness to several newspapers to hurt his membership.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Its common knowledge that they make there money from your information. I dumbfounds me why anyone especially a conservative would take there abuse to post on there site?? Its like Stockholm syndrome

J.J. McDaniels

It’s a self promotion platform for most and if not, it’s simply nauseating. Total nuisance. I haven’t logged into my account for two weeks thus so far as of yesterday and I can’t say I’ve missed it.

ArthurJ

It’s a self promotion platform for most and if not, it’s simply nauseating. Total nuisance. I haven’t logged into my account for two weeks thus so far as of yesterday and I can’t say I’ve missed it.
fACEBOOK gets paid by advertisers according to the number of people who read it, If you don't read it, FB loses money.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
It is so easy to blame other people for bad choices, it is even easier to blame inanimate objects, large corporations or political opponents. But we all make choices. We have to live with the choices we make. Ultimately we are responsible for what we do. Blaming facebook, twitter, tic tock or some other service for creating a mental illness is really just shifting blame from ourselves.

ArthurJ

It is so easy to blame other people for bad choices, it is even easier to blame inanimate objects, large corporations or political opponents. But we all make choices. We have to live with the choices we make. Ultimately we are responsible for what we do. Blaming facebook, twitter, tic tock or some other service for creating a mental illness is really just shifting blame from ourselves.
ROTFL! I posted a link where medical authorities say FB causes mental illness and you want to claim you know more than they do??? You just dumped your credibility in the dumpster.

PGBC

I won't mention any names, but someone who is posting here, has a massive ego, and the chip on their shoulder is large to.