• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Excel Hustler

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
those must have been a pretty good machine that's about #4 I have heard of lately and all but 1 all seem to be in pretty good condition. if there is a down side I have heard they were pretty heavy and had some kind of French 2 cylinder diesel engine

Kristi Kt-4

Pretty durable and good machines from what I heard... The downside is they are slow and you need a good amount of snow to run them since they are basically a mini version of a big ski hill cat with tall grousers. All that I have seen except the one in AK here on the forum have Ford Vsg 4 cyl gas engines. You can take the tracks off and mow your lawn in the summer if you have the mower deck!

Red130

Pretty durable and good machines from what I heard... The downside is they are slow and you need a good amount of snow to run them since they are basically a mini version of a big ski hill cat with tall grousers. All that I have seen except the one in AK here on the forum have Ford Vsg 4 cyl gas engines. You can take the tracks off and mow your lawn in the summer if you have the mower deck!

Hard to tell, but I'm not seeing the tall grouser issue in the photos of that particular machine. But I bet the lbs/sq ft is fairly high.

I was looking at them about the time they stopped making them. There was dealer in Anchorage and he said they cost about $35,000 including shipping. They came with a small 4cyl Ford Industrial (53 hp) and the biggest performance issue was they were slow. With all the grooming attachments they are heavy but they are designed to stay on a groomed/packed trail and did pretty good at that. The grousers were not real tall but maybe like an Imp.

The dealer said they were getting ready to put a Saab diesel in the next generation but the deal fell through and that was when they stopped manufacturing them. There was one at the local High School that I used to drool over and it seemed like a well built machine for grooming.

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
bill w up in Fairbanks picked one up last fall it had a French 2 cyl aircooled diesel in it he wants to shoehorn in a 3 cyl kubota

loggah

SUPER Site Supporter
I wonder if it had the same Citroen engine as my 1800 Raidtracs have? there only 35 H.P. at around 5600 r.p.m.s.

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
it wasn't citron and it wasn't lombardie I forgot what bill said it was. he just said parts were near impossible to get.

bill w

mine actually had a ruggerini twin air cooled engine. looks like a cross between a duetz and a lister. real hard to get parts for unless you are in Italy and then still sketchy. I have mine tore down to the frame for a complete restore. it's a smaller model than this 440.it only weighs 2500 lbs and has 4 hyd drive motors on the end tires instead of the small sprockets. i'm kind of hoping mine will be a little faster because of that. they only made 5 of my model and no parts or info anywhere. they are very well built and there really isn't anything on it that can't be found. drive systems are all sunstrand, so basically the hydraulic shop in town can get them. and I plan on putting either a Kubota or yanmar 3 cyl in it so I can have real heat. work keeps getting in the way or it would be done already

iceberg210

I was looking at them about the time they stopped making them. There was dealer in Anchorage and he said they cost about $35,000 including shipping. They came with a small 4cyl Ford Industrial (53 hp) and the biggest performance issue was they were slow. With all the grooming attachments they are heavy but they are designed to stay on a groomed/packed trail and did pretty good at that. The grousers were not real tall but maybe like an Imp.

The dealer said they were getting ready to put a Saab diesel in the next generation but the deal fell through and that was when they stopped manufacturing them. There was one at the local High School that I used to drool over and it seemed like a well built machine for grooming.
Sorry to dig up an old thread but wanted to plug in to this. What year did they pull the plug on the machine? Couldn't figure out what year they stopped production. Did they stop just because there wasn't the demand for it or?
Thanks!