• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

enhanced drivers license

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
to get the new license you show them Proof of state residency. Depending on your state you will either need one or two documents of proof.
Proof of U.S. citizenship.
Proof of identity. In most cases, your current driver's license will suffice.
A valid Social Security number.
Proper documentation if your name has changed. Depending on the your situation, this will entail a marriage certificate, divorce decree, or court order.

I took in a passport as proof a 199r tax form showing my social security or a ss card. some mail showing my name and address
they are very thorough on checking every thing.
they scan all the stuff and they told me it is all brought up when someone scans your enhanced id/drivers license. like a cop when he stops you.
that's a good idea ,they need all the info on who they are stopping.

now I just bought some black velvet at a wallgreens drug store and I was required to scan my id.
they now have all this stuff I used to get my license. it doesn't seem right. but it you have nothing to hide I guess it doesn't matter
also it looks like an easy way to steal your id.

jim

Bannedjoe

also it looks like an easy way to steal your id.

jim
Yeah.
Let's just put every pertinent detail about you on one handy dandy easy to read, easy to lose card!

I mean WTF?
I have a birth certificate.
I have a social security card.
I have an AZ drivers license (which of course I had to prove who I was in order to get)
I have a passport book, and a handy dandy passport card.

I have nothing to hide, but I resent this BS.
I also resent being carded by children a fraction of my age when purchasing booze.
What is this great need to prove who I am?

How can all the above not be enough?

I've already refused to fly, but I suppose one will really have no choice in the end with this NEW drivers license thing, so I'll get the damned thing, but I just want the world to know how much I resent and object to this shit.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Yeah.
Let's just put every pertinent detail about you on one handy dandy easy to read, easy to lose card!

I mean WTF?
I have a birth certificate.
I have a social security card.
I have an AZ drivers license (which of course I had to prove who I was in order to get)
I have a passport book, and a handy dandy passport card.

I have nothing to hide, but I resent this BS.
I also resent being carded by children a fraction of my age when purchasing booze.
What is this great need to prove who I am?

How can all the above not be enough?

I've already refused to fly, but I suppose one will really have no choice in the end with this NEW drivers license thing, so I'll get the damned thing, but I just want the world to know how much I resent and object to this shit.

just speaky no English and you don't have to prove anything.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
In Ohio we have the option till 2020 to apply with enhanced info which they sell as less hassle when flying (In 2020 it is required info to renew ...not an option not to provide the additional documentation). I took in passport, SS card and paper with address via US mail. I am rarely asked for license at any local businesses. Last time I recall being asked was at a sleazy gentleman's club ....dumbest place of all to give out that info I suspect. Won't make that mistake again, especially with the extra info on it. But thinking on it I'm not sure it's extra info or simply verified info since I provided additional documentation.

I will speculate that when Wallgreens or any other place scans your ID they do not connect to the computers that cops do when they scan and see all the documents you provided. I suspect they simply get the info on your license. I do hope that is not merely wishful thinking.