• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Engine belt tension for dual belt Spryte setup

zspryte

Site Supporter
Does anybody know the correct tension for each belt in the the double fan belt system on a Spryte 170 engine. The part manual shows the two belts, but part manuals don't give specs.

The '67 Falcon/Mustang manuals says 80 to 110 lbs tension for their single belt setup on the same engine. If I set both belts to that, thats a lot of load on the bearings.

olympicorange

Does anybody know the correct tension for each belt in the the double fan belt system on a Spryte 170 engine. The part manual shows the two belts, but part manuals don't give specs.

The '67 Falcon/Mustang manuals says 80 to 110 lbs tension for their single belt setup on the same engine. If I set both belts to that, thats a lot of load on the bearings.

well, the 'ol timers had a R.O.T. ,.... they used to say... grab the belt (usually at the top), in the middle , between the pullies.. and when you can just ''twist'' the belt 90 degrees ...no more/ no less... ''you're good'' . basically just enough tension not to slip on pullies, and not to ''over pre-load'' brgs. ,.... ( and that's if a belt tension gauge is non-avail.).

Yellowstone

could you tell me what the oil filter is for your engine?