• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

electrical services

ameliagrace88

I moved into an old house recently. Well, the wiring is too old and has not been replaced since then. I experience low voltage during the night and sometimes power fluctuation. As I'm living with my mother and two-year-old baby, I'm scared if anything will happen during the night and we'll be without electricity. Is there any emergency electrical repair available, or should I change the whole wiring system?

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
That's a heck of a question.
You really should have an electrician visit your place,
If you still have fuses instead of breakers, that also means you most likely have questionable wiring.
If you have a fuse panel, the wiring is probably ok.
Your undervoltage issue may or may not be resulting from problems in your home.
Seriously - get an electrician to visit and assess what you have.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Ditto

Call in a pro and have it inspected.

Reactions: Doc

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
As well as having your wiring inspected, after that I would call the power company and ask about your service.
It could be they may know of issues that they have currently.
But not until you know the problem is not on your end.

Regards, Kirk

Kaper

Electrical problems are not "do it yourself", I made a lot of service calls on folks that tried. As mentioned by others here, call an electrician !!

ameliagrace88

Thank you for the reply. All your suggestions are valuable to me. Most of you have told me to get an electrician than trying DIY. I'm thinking of calling an electrical service ASAP. Thank you once again.