• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Electric car 1905

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Charging a electric car in 1905!

Attachments

• 40AEC59A-1753-4657-B93F-49B297F76142.jpg
    40AEC59A-1753-4657-B93F-49B297F76142.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 146

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Good point..

Some times it takes decades for an idea to take root....

In this case more like a century has pasted.

Tesla is were I place my bet literally on, by owning their stock.

Many good reasons to own Tesla today. Most of it has little to do with automobiles.

Regards, Kirk

KickerM

Site Supporter
GOLD Site Supporter
Good thinking! My smarter move would have been to buy stock but I bought a Model S instead....Love the car but the $35k in stock would now be worth $100k[emoji2359]
6fe6ab569dac7f9f5ce3519ac75b14c0.jpg

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
hate to be the rain. but......
the ups.
direct conversion of the power out is awesome. was in early 1900's with henery fords wife is today.

100% torque at 0 rpm hard to beat. Years back the quickest *Car* on the planet was an electric one.

the input and storage is the problem. energy conversion is energy conversion.

the grid can convert at about 40% efficiency. the traditional car is about 14%.
You will win that part of the debate.

But here comes the rain. we need a solution to the expired components from the storage.

Picture enthusiastic prius owner here: all giggles about the environment they are saving. ( got the smile and thumbs up pose? ) Now drive to their house with a pick up truck of sulfated batteries, depleted and flooded Lithium, and say Where do you want it?

My light dusting of carbon out of my diesel is spread coast to coast and hanging in the trees at varying elevations.... scrape it up and plant a tomato in it and it will grow.

on a sunny note I do believe when there is a vested reason to repurpose the components of the energy storage we as inhabitants of this rock will, in the mean time garbage piles up.