• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Ebay is awesome!!

jillcrate

I found so many 8tracks,cassettes and VHS tapes on there and alot more can be found as well
smile.gif

Some stuff is so hard to come by AND IN GOOD CONDITION. People are 1/2 responsible for if it makes it from 1977 or not.....

I have a ASSAULT ON PRECINCT 13 tape from 1978 that was thankfully taken care of thru the years....

What do you guys find yourself using more? Ebay or amazon?? -- I have used Amazon but not very much.... Most of my findings have been on ebay
smile.gif

One time I got a CRT monitor on Craigslist,the guy was amazed someone from out of his state was ordering from him....... Thankfully he sent it to me..... (I think Craigslist is usually local??)

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Bump. I was just thinking about how awesome ebay is. Lol. My wife's expedition needs a new electric parking brake actuator. I checked aftermarket like I always do because I like to save money on parts and do the work myself. Most other vehicles, I could find an actuator for around $60. But I couldn't find one for her vehicle. So I checked ebay. No luck for just an actuator but I found a complete caliper off a wrecked vehicle with less than 5k on it for $80 with free shipping to the border which is a 45 minute drive. Before ordering it, I checked with ford. Just for the actuator, $378. The $80 one will be at the border early next week.

I even bought a $2300 guitar on eBay for $950.

power1

I was needing a new carburetor for my 1985 jeep j10. Finally found one the parts store could order for $390. Waited a week and finally got it. It was the wrong one. Took it back and they said they couldn't find the right one and I should buy a kit for the one I had. The kit was $89. Finally looked on ebay and found a carburetor that was exactly what I needed. It was $85 and they shipped it free overnight.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I have been on E-Bay since it's beginning back in the early 90's.

Yes, it is awesome.

I have bought, and sold, cars, boats, RV's, machinery, and parts for all of them on E-Bay. Better than Craig's List except what you buy is often far away.

ROAD TRIP!:clap::clap::clap::thumb:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I do all my own maintenance on a fleet of 5 vehicles. That's a lot of brakes pads, rotors, wheel bearings and such over the years. When I do a repair, I first check local for price then look online on a search engine. Followed by a look on Amazon then to eBay. 9 times out of 10, eBay has what I need and is the cheapest. For convenience of having it shipped to the door, Amazon is good. But for parts and such, eBay is the best I've found for aftermarket. For comparison, I recently did the back brakes and wheel bearings for a friend. For the parts locally, she was looking at close to 1k. I ordered the same parts on ebay for less than $250 US free shipping to the border. Even with the duty and converting it to Canadian, it's worth the 45 minutes to drive to the border to pick it up.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
I do all my own maintenance on a fleet of 5 vehicles. That's a lot of brakes pads, rotors, wheel bearings and such over the years. When I do a repair, I first check local for price then look online on a search engine. Followed by a look on Amazon then to eBay. 9 times out of 10, eBay has what I need and is the cheapest. For convenience of having it shipped to the door, Amazon is good. But for parts and such, eBay is the best I've found for aftermarket. For comparison, I recently did the back brakes and wheel bearings for a friend. For the parts locally, she was looking at close to 1k. I ordered the same parts on ebay for less than $250 US free shipping to the border. Even with the duty and converting it to Canadian, it's worth the 45 minutes to drive to the border to pick it up.
And you can find hard to find things like a carburetor rebuild kit for a Zenith updraft that goes on a 1947 ChrisCraft. Couldn't find it anywhere, Ebay - how many you want.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Proofs in the picture. Nearly new complete brake caliper including the parking brake sensor I need off a 2019 ford expedition with only 8000 miles on it including the pads for $92 American free shipping to the border. Just the sensor up here is $378 plus the guberment share.

20230502_121607.jpg