• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

early tucker photos

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
rubber track stuff
IMG_7479 2.jpeg
IMG_7478 2.jpeg

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Moving this up after a sighting . . .

Attachments

• IMG_20191122_0011.jpg
    IMG_20191122_0011.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_20191122_0012.jpg
    IMG_20191122_0012.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:

Bennyboy1337

1674163229426.png

Tucker hiding at the bottom of the frame at the #6 Tunnel at Donner Pass, 1960s. This was a candidate I found that could possibly be my cat being used by the Southern Pacific railroad, but the grill and paint scratches don't match up, so the search continues!

1674163381710.png

San Francisco line stuck at Donner Summit in 1952. The crew and passengers started to run out of food and fuel for the locomotives after three days stranded in the sierras. A local utility company that owned a Tucker was among the first crew to make it to the train, you can see the cat and ski sled behind it just in front of the locomotive. Southern Pacific was so impressed by the Tucker and it's ability to reach the train, they started to purchase the cats for operations for at least the forty years! Which is where my cat ended up coming into the picture.
1674163830464.png

Can you spot the Tucker? Donner Ski Ranch, 1960s.

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
and just when you think you know everything, Ha Ha Ha, this one shows up,

1960 Kitten Model 222, wide body, it is little over 5 inches wider than a square door kitten of the period, there is no record of it being a special body in the serial number records,
IMG_7976.jpeg

IMG_7977.jpeg

IMG_7982.jpeg

the grill is the same size and shape as a standard square door kitten

IMG_7989.jpeg

the seat is out of a 443

IMG_7988.jpeg

IMG_7986.jpeg

it does not mean that others were built. fatso, fat one, Garfield edition, fat cat etc, was sold new to a company in Chile, yes Chile, so the question is, who/why would ship it back to the states?

no snow to deep, build no two the same

Last edited:

1boringguy

GOLD Site Supporter
Originally ordered for a clandestine operation moving some 'weight' from Chile to the US, thus the extra width and lack of records.
Crossed back over the unguarded US - Mexico border under cover of darkness in 1962 after a two year long drive from Chile. Probably needs new rollers.

My best guess 🤔