• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Does this make sense???

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I go in to the store to buy a couple ink cartridges for my printer. Price was $62 plus tax for a black and white cartidge and $72 for a color cartridge. Right beside where all the ink is located, they have a bunch of new HP all in one printers that scan, fax, copy, do the dishes etc... Price for a new printer complete with cartridges..... $79 plus tax!!!

Now, does that make sense??? I can buy a brand new printer complete with 2 ink cartidges for half the rpice of just two ink cartidges for the printer I have now. And they wonder why the landfills are full of used electronics.:hammer::hammer::hammer:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
If you check closely you will see those ink cartdiges are only starter kits .

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
It dont make any sense for sure but we have ran into this before . The markup on those cartridges is whats rediculous . My wife just got me new ones that normally run 110 bucks for the pair at Sams club for 35 bucks for both . :hammer:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
That is exactly why I have not replaced the color cartridge in my Hp Officejet all in one. The damn cartridges cost a fortune and if you don't use them regular they go bad. We hardly printed anything with color and it is shot after 2 years. I bought a 3 pak of the black ones for the price of one color one.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Yes, it's just an extension of the old Gillette marketing technique where they found that by giving the safety razors away for free and tripling the price of the blades, they increased profits. It works for printers and ink cartridges too.

I think that if more people started using those cartridge refill kits then this nonsense would eventually stop.