• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Do we have any investment pros here?

Rudi

Got out some cash today from the checking account and my wife and I have a STUPID amount of cash in the checking account.

Don't want to put it in the market, she has a fantastic investment portfolio and I have a state pension. CDs aren't that great these days either.

What would you do?

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Buy real estate in good locations. They aren't making any more of it but they are making a lot more people.

Reactions: Doc

jpr62902

Jeanclaude Spam Banhammer
SUPER Site Supporter
Buy real estate in good locations. They aren't making any more of it but they are making a lot more people.
This is particularly smart right now, given the interest rates. I'd also consider tech stocks in the cloud computing arena, since lots more folks will be working remotely after the pandemic issues blow over. Microsoft and Amazon are overbought, but Cisco is favorably priced right now. Data center REITS are also good picks. Cyrus One is a little high, but Digital Realty is practically on sale. Verizon is also pretty cheap for whatever reason. AT&T might be a good speculative play once they figure out what they want to be.

Rudi

This is particularly smart right now, given the interest rates. I'd also consider tech stocks in the cloud computing arena, since lots more folks will be working remotely after the pandemic issues blow over. Microsoft and Amazon are overbought, but Cisco is favorably priced right now. Data center REITS are also good picks. Cyrus One is a little high, but Digital Realty is practically on sale. Verizon is also pretty cheap for whatever reason. AT&T might be a good speculative play once they figure out what they want to be.
We already own a vacation how that has tripled in value.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
You think the Republican Senate will pass it? I don't.
I do, because it's all about money. the fed wants the tax money it's loosing for the millions maybe billions being spent on the wacky tobaccy. States are ignoring the feds and the feds sure need the money so I think it has a real chance to pass. Note, it is not legalizing but decriminalizing. Lawyer talk for it's not legal but we want tax money if you buy some. :bonk: I think this would also allow the tons of cash to be deposited into FDIC Banks. More money to be made by the big banks if they get their hands on this cash. Currently it is stashed somewhere and perhaps laundered ...I don't know.

DC runs on money and if they can get more they won't pass that up. ....but even if it doesn't pass I hear those stocks are doing good in general. I do not have a penny in them that I'm aware of. The investment company that handles my wee little bit of money might have some in my portfolio., but I'm not aware of that.

Rudi

I do, because it's all about money. the fed wants the tax money it's loosing for the millions maybe billions being spent on the wacky tobaccy. States are ignoring the feds and the feds sure need the money so I think it has a real chance to pass. Note, it is not legalizing but decriminalizing. Lawyer talk for it's not legal but we want tax money if you buy some. :bonk: I think this would also allow the tons of cash to be deposited into FDIC Banks. More money to be made by the big banks if they get their hands on this cash. Currently it is stashed somewhere and perhaps laundered ...I don't know.

DC runs on money and if they can get more they won't pass that up. ....but even if it doesn't pass I hear those stocks are doing good in general. I do not have a penny in them that I'm aware of. The investment company that handles my wee little bit of money might have some in my portfolio., but I'm not aware of that.
You do know that almost all of the Republican congressman voted against it right?

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I can't give you any pertinent advice as I entered the buy and hold stage of my investing career some time back.

Cash can be a good thing depending on how you think that the market will go. It's benefitted me a couple of times in my life. I will say though that it wasn't great strategic planning or insight on my part, it was pure luck. Things just worked out that way.

From what you say, you seem to have a pretty good handle on things. The only advice that I would give you is not to chase the in vogue, get rich scheme of the day and don't get greedy ... and do your research.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
You do know that almost all of the Republican congressman voted against it right?
Yep. And they are aware it would pass without their vote. In the Senate all it takes is a few of the Repubs to bite the bullet for the cash to start flowing in. Just a guess on my part, time will tell.