• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Creamy Oatmeal with Pears & Honey

lifesaver91958

1/2 cup dry quick-cooking rolled oats
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon honey
1/2 small pear, cored and chopped

cook oats and milk in a saucepan for 5 minutes over medium heat, stirring. reduce heat to low; simmer for 1 minute, then add honey and pear. Serve warm.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
That sounds good. I love oatmeal with fresh fruit. Raspberries, Blackberries, Blueberries or Peaches are all good choices. But I'm not a big fan of apples & cinnamon, in fact I simply won't eat it.

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Bob,
Quite often I will fix Instant Plain Oatmeal (yuck), but mix in some fruit spread, like Simply Fruit. Flavors like Blueberry, Raspberry or Strawberry. Then it's not so bad :biggrin:

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I also use instant oatmeal, but I mix in fresh fruit. Never thought of using something like "Simply Fruit" spread, I guess that would work just as well for flavoring, but the texture would be different. One thing I like about the bits of fruit is the texture of the fruit pieces. We have some mango "leather" its sort of dried but not crispy. I've put it in salad but I'm thinking that it would be excellent in oatmeal.