• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Covid Vaccine ... My Body My Choice? Or not? VAX Mandates announced!

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
While I am triple vaccinated, I do not favor vaccine mandates. I believe we have to make our own decisions. I'm at risk, so I took the vaccine as soon as I could get it (January/February) and then took the booster (September). But just because I am at risk does not mean you are at risk.

Looks like all federal employees were just mandated to take the vaccine. All medical workers who are employed by a practice that receives federal funds also got a mandate. And all employers who have more than 100 employees got the mandate too.

Go to the link at ZeroHedge to see all the videos, here is just the summary:

Biden Unveils Most Severe COVID Actions Yet: Mandates Vax For All Federal Workers, Contractors, & Large Private Companies

Watch Live:
*BIDEN SAYS NEARLY 80M AMERICANS ARE STILL NOT VACCINATED
*BIDEN SAYS WE ARE IN A TOUGH STRETCH, COULD LAST FOR A WHILE
*BIDEN: TSA TO DOUBLE FINES ON TRAVELERS WHO REFUSE TO MASK
Summary:
  • Biden to require 'vast majority' of federal workers and contractors to get vaccinated or test weekly
  • Biden expected to ask Labor Department for for rule on mandatory vaccinations
  • 'Some' exemptions for disability, religion
  • Psaki refuses to answer 'my body, my choice' question over vaccinations

Last edited:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Haven't vaccines been required for all kids to enter school for decades? How is this different.
They are trying to do this for the 'common good'. And I think there was a way to get out of it for school kids but it was a mandate. Much like this one.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
School mandates are a STATES RIGHT ISSUE, there is no mandate at the Federal level for school vaccinations. Some states have mandates with no way to opt out, some have not mandate, some have mandates but allow exclusions for various reasons and those reason may vary greatly.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Looks like the GOP is going to make this about politics? Or freedom of choice? Or state's rights? I'm not really sure which track they will oppose the mandate on, but I will be curious to watch. The article says "he lied" but that does not seem like legal ground to sue the President as we all know that politicians lie, daily, on both sides of the political aisle.

Full story at the link below:

RNC to sue Biden administration over vaccine mandates

The Republican National Committee plans to sue the federal government over President Joe Biden's newly announced vaccine mandates for federal employees and millions of private-sector workers.
“Joe Biden told Americans when he was elected that he would not impose vaccine mandates. He lied,” RNC Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel said in a statement Thursday evening.
“Now small businesses, workers, and families across the country will pay the price. Like many Americans, I am pro-vaccine and anti-mandate,” McDaniel said. “Many small businesses and workers do not have the money or legal resources to fight Biden’s unconstitutional actions and authoritarian decrees, but when his decree goes into effect, the RNC will sue the administration to protect Americans and their liberties.”
Biden announced strict vaccine mandates on Thursday that will affect at least 100 million workers. The Democratic president said he will direct the Labor Department to implement a rule requiring businesses with at least 100 employees, and those with healthcare workers, to require either a COVID-19 vaccination or weekly regular testing among their employees. Those who do not comply could receive fines of up to $14,000 for each violation.
In addition, an executive order signed by Biden on Thursday required all federal employees to get a COVID-19 vaccine without an alternative of completing regular testing, with limited exemptions for those with medical or religious reasons.
The White House said the plans "will ensure that we are using every available tool to combat COVID-19 and save even more lives in the months ahead, while also keeping schools open and safe, and protecting our economy from lockdowns and damage.”
The move runs counter to Biden’s previous stance.
In December 2020, before Biden took office, he told reporters: "I don't think it should be mandatory, I wouldn't demand it be mandatory. But I would do everything in my power — just like I don't think masks have to be made mandatory nationwide — I'll do everything in my power as president of the United States to encourage people to do the right thing and when they do it demonstrate that it matters.”

Reactions: Doc

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
2 more interesting points:
  • Postal Workers are exempt from the vaccine mandate
  • Illegal aliens, coming across our border, being processed by our border patrol, and housed in federally funded housing, are not required to get vaccinated

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Haven't vaccines been required for all kids to enter school for decades? How is this different.
They are trying to do this for the 'common good'. And I think there was a way to get out of it for school kids but it was a mandate. Much like this one.
Until this last year there was always religious and medical exemptions which were fairly easy to get. They have been trying to remove that "loop hole" with their new push to break the back of individual liberty in this country.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
2 more interesting points:
  • Postal Workers are exempt from the vaccine mandate
  • Illegal aliens, coming across our border, being processed by our border patrol, and housed in federally funded housing, are not required to get vaccinated
Total bullshit. Ridiculous.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
toons47.jpg

:agree:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Biden has said USPS workers are exempt.
Think long and hard on that for a minute.
Allowing USPS to be exempt when every home in America gets items touched by those folks is insane. How can Biden justify this? Course I do not believe he can justify forcing vaccines on everyone. But to try to force vaccines and then exempt a group like USPS WTH is he thinking?

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
One can't help but wonder if this is a continued assault on small business. Apparently, tanking the economy is not something the Democrats worry about.

That being said, I'm ok is we fire a huge amount of government workers. I just don't want to see people getting hired in their place.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Vaccines for young children must pass serious testing before they are released for distribution. Also, none of them are mandatory with fines unless decades of statistical data supports their safety.
The Covid Vaccine is not even 12 months old.
There is no data to support it's safety in young adults or worse, children under 12.
There is also no statistical data to support a need to vaccinate children.

Perhaps Joe Biden is worried he might contract the disease whilst sniffing a child's hair:ermm:

Last edited:

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
FWIW, the local Walgreens is now offering vaccines to children aged 3+ on their digital sign.

Apparently the FDA has cleared the vaccine for YOUNG kids?

-------------------------------0---------------------------------

Back on the topic of this thread:

Breitbart News is reporting that the White House does not want to mandate that caught illegal aliens turned loose into the USA will be required to be vaccinated prior to their release. Breitbart is running updates on the vaccine story. Here is the link to the story below, visit their website for updates.

‘That’s Correct’ — White House Confirms Joe Biden Hypocrisy on Unvaccinated People Crossing Southern Border

Charlie Spiering10 Sep 2021​
1:32​
The White House confirmed Friday that President Joe Biden would continue allowing unvaccinated people to cross the border — even while demanding private employers to require vaccines for their workers.​
White House press secretary Jen Psaki spoke about the hypocritical rules during an exchange in the daily briefing with Fox News reporter Peter Doocy.​
“But it’s a requirement for people at a business with more than a hundred people, and it’s not a requirement for migrants at the southern border,” Doocy noted. “Why?”​
“That’s correct,” Psaki replied, quickly moving to the next reporter in the briefing room.​
Other White House reporters did not follow up and press Psaki on the administration’s hypocrisy.​
For months, the White House has refused to endorse a vaccine mandate for migrants released into the United States, even though the administration is enforcing more onerous mandates on American citizens to get them vaccinated.​
Biden did not mention the unvaccinated migrant population in his remarks on Thursday, even as he detailed new mandates for businesses to get their employees vaccinated.​
The Department of Homeland Security is now offering vaccine shots to border crossers, but some have refused to get the shot.​
About 30 percent of migrants held in detention facilities have refusedvaccines, according to reports.​

Ceee

Site Supporter
The White House confirmed Friday that President Joe Biden would continue allowing unvaccinated people to cross the border — even while demanding private employers to require vaccines for their workers.
That's pretty sad and stupid on his part.

“That’s correct,” Psaki replied, quickly moving to the next reporter in the briefing room.
Duck and cover

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Federal employees are mandated to get vaccinated unless they are staff members who work for senators or congressmen. And of course the senators and congress-critters are also exempt.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Federal employees are mandated to get vaccinated unless they are staff members who work for senators or congressmen. And of course the senators and congress-critters are also exempt.
My wife and just had it, all the research I did suggested we are now protected better than the vaccine. So why do antibodies not count as vaccinated?

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
My wife and just had it, all the research I did suggested we are now protected better than the vaccine. So why do antibodies not count as vaccinated?
This is a heck of a good question. Perhaps because the gubmint wants you to COMPLY AND OBEY?

Ceee

Site Supporter
I've often wondered what the result would be if it had just been allowed to run it's course.
I think if "it had just been allowed to run its course," we'd be in a lot worse shape today. When all this started, doctors had people pouring into their offices, and they didn't even know how to treat it. At least now, we have doctors who know how to treat it and get people back into reasonably good health and get out of the hospital.

I'm not for mandated vaccines, but I am all for doing something instead of just letting it "run its course."

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
I think if "it had just been allowed to run its course," we'd be in a lot worse shape today. When all this started, doctors had people pouring into their offices, and they didn't even know how to treat it. At least now, we have doctors who know how to treat it and get people back into reasonably good health and get out of the hospital.

I'm not for mandated vaccines, but I am all for doing something instead of just letting it "run its course."
If it was allowed to run it coarse when it first came out.
1- 98.8% of us would still be here, I just had it along with the wife.
2- The world economy would be in a lot better shape.
3- maybe there wouldn't be all the variants because it would have been over a long time ago.
4- The majority of the folks would that would have died, likely did anyway due to the long term care homes accepting COVID patients by mandate.
5- if everyone involved would have concentrated more on therapeutics than a vaccine that is now 60% effective everything would be better in my view.

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
I ran some rough numbers since M1 quoted the 98.8% survival rate. 600'000, the number that died, divided by 330'000'000, the US population= 0.0018% dead. And 98.8% of 330,000,00 = 3,960,000.

Last edited:

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
I ran some rough numbers since M1 quoted the 98.8% survival rate. 600'000, the number that died, divided by 330'000'000, the US population= 0.0018% dead. And 98.8% of 330,000,00 = 3,960,000.
My number was off its not .002 its .0002 which is 99.9998. The point is as a percentage its not very much. Would I like to be one of those? No but I just had it and still say it would have been better to let it play out earlier, more therapeutics and protect those that need it.