• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Corrupt Countries

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Here is a larger version, I tried making just he bottom legend bigger but it was to blurred to be read.

Attachments

• Corupt.jpeg
    Corupt.jpeg
    100.3 KB · Views: 56

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Thank you Doc. It's still pretty blurred on my computer but it's usable. It seems that I've been in some of the more corrupt countries in the world ... a long time ago and I've no intentions of going back. :hammer:

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'd like to see similar maps just for the USA showing the more/less corrupt states. More/less corrupt counties. More/less corrupt cities.

But that said, this map is not really a surprise. Nations with freer market systems are less corrupt than nations with state controlled markets. The map certainly shows that pretty well.

rugerman

There is corruption in all levels of government to one extent or another, that’s why draining the swamp is such a tedious process, you have to ferret out all the bad actors in each segment of government and purge them and their cohorts to break the chain. The corruption isn’t always a multimillion dollar thing, it can be nickel and dime, but anytime that someone is profiting from some segment of a government process it is costing the taxpayers and therefore it needs to be stopped.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I would kinda like to know the standards upon which this corruption was based. What I find interesting are the differences in Caribbean islands where corruption is well known. And yet some, like Jamaica and Puerto Rico, seem to thrive whilst Haiti with similar resources, are "S-holes."

"Why?" would seem to be an appropriate question.

road squawker

GOLD Site Supporter
,,, edit,,, some, like Jamaica and Puerto Rico, seem to thrive whilst Haiti with similar resources, are "S-holes."

"Why?" would seem to be an appropriate question.
because they are not "FoB" (Friends of Bill)

Attachments

• hati.jpg
    hati.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 25

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
I'd like to see similar maps just for the USA showing the more/less corrupt states. More/less corrupt counties. More/less corrupt cities.

But that said, this map is not really a surprise. Nations with freer market systems are less corrupt than nations with state controlled markets. The map certainly shows that pretty well.

Unfortunately it's time to add the USA to that list?

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Unfortunately it's time to add the USA to that list?

We've got corruption in this country no doubt but until you've been to some of the "corruption hotspots" noted on the map, you really don't know what corruption is ... and it's BLATANT. It starts at the immigration and customs on the way in to the country and ends when you get back on the plane to get the hell out of it.