• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Corona Virus spreading ... US official says no need to worry

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Natural Immunity is now gaining support in the scientific community.

Fully story is at the link.

Covid-19 Vaccines or Infections: Which Carries the Stronger Immunity?

Evidence grows that infections provide as much protection as vaccines, prompting some experts to suggest a nuanced approach to vaccine mandates

By
Nov. 27, 2021 5:30 am ET
im-441655

Evidence is building that immunity from Covid-19 infection is at least as strong as that from vaccination. Scientists are divided on the implications for vaccine policy.

The role of immunity from infection, which scientists have been trying to figure out since the outset of the pandemic, has gained fresh significance amid the controversy over vaccine mandates.

Vaccines typically give rise to a stronger antibody response than infection, which might make them better at fending off the virus in the short term. Infection triggers a response that evolves over time, possibly making it more robust in the long term. A combination of both types appears to be stronger than either alone. But the jury is out on whether one form is stronger than the other, and whether their relative strength even matters for vaccine policy.

The comparison is further complicated by the emergence of new variants, such as that identified this month in southern Africa, which may be more contagious and be better at evading vaccines.

One thing is clear: Vaccination is a far safer, more reliable strategy for acquiring immunity, given the risks of serious illness or death from infection. But viewpoints splinter about whether people who have had Covid-19 before need a full course of vaccination, and whether documented prior infection should count as proof of immunity—as is the case in some other countries, including much of Europe.

Immunity from infection hasn’t been studied as extensively as vaccine-mediated immunity. But over the course of the pandemic, clues have emerged to suggest the two are at least equivalent. . .

Last edited:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Omicron Variant? Call it what it really is people, the Mid Term Election Variant or MEV for short.
No doubt it will be used in the mid terms to their advantage as best they can but other countries are also taking action. Israel is not allowing visitors from anywhere in the world. Nothing to do with our mid terms.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
No doubt it will be used in the mid terms to their advantage as best they can but other countries are also taking action. Israel is not allowing visitors from anywhere in the world. Nothing to do with our mid terms.
Agreed.

Certainly our authoritarian leaning politicians will do their best to capitalized on this new variant to take more of our rights, but clearly many in the US are fed up with that BS and will push back. I'd suspect that RED states will remain as open as possible and BLUE states will lock down, have high unemployment and the disease will flow through both types of states.

The disease is real.

The threat from the leftists is also real, but the reality is that the disease is real and a for those with risk factors it is a serious threat to their health.

The freedom loving Americans in free states will assert their power. The sheep in blue states will whine and wring their hands.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Agreed.

Certainly our authoritarian leaning politicians will do their best to capitalized on this new variant to take more of our rights, but clearly many in the US are fed up with that BS and will push back. I'd suspect that RED states will remain as open as possible and BLUE states will lock down, have high unemployment and the disease will flow through both types of states.

The disease is real.

The threat from the leftists is also real, but the reality is that the disease is real and a for those with risk factors it is a serious threat to their health.

The freedom loving Americans in free states will assert their power. The sheep in blue states will whine and wring their hands.
That!! ^^^^
Well said, Bob.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Omicron ?? Hell, why not Unicorn, or Cornpop ?? Anyone else notice how they skipped over the next letter in the Greek alphabet, xi, to get to Omicron. Can't use xi now can we? Nope, sure as hell can't.

First off, these assholes created this virus. Then they created the pandemic. Then they took full control thinking they could take care of it. And ever since it’s been nothing but bullshit upon bullshit, and pretty much one failure after another !

Yes, we can all agree that sars-cov2 is a real virus. BY DESIGN ! But it’s still a virus. And a virus is gonna be virus. Sars-cov1 was cleaned off the face of the planet within 2 years ! Completely gone ! Only globally around 8000 cases and 800 deaths ? No lock downs, no masks, no vaccines, nowhere near the vast oceans of bullsit we’ve all seen with COVID-19. AND WHY ?!?!?! What happened ??

Here’s the difference and how to end this insanity !

1. SARS-cov1 was NOT a stealth virus. Only the symptomatic were contagious. So as soon as anyone showed illness they got quarantined, treatment, and they either recovered or died. BUT THEY DIDN’T KEEP SPREADING THE DAMN VIRUS ALL OVER CREATION !!

2. SARS-cov2 on the other hand is a stealth virus. You can get it and transmit it whether your sick or not, or vaccinated or not. Hell, we gladly flew this thing all over the world to every country and passed it on to everyone like a top hit on Facebook or Twitter. And things only got worse from there! If not by design, then by politicizing it, and stupidity, and insanity. An on going string of disasters.

Here, get jabbed and go spread it even more! Here’s your virus passport ! Folks, this is shear madness. It’s been the insane leading the fucking insane. Instead of paying people a grand a week to sit home on their ass and drop out of the workforce, it would make more sense to use that money to pay people to stay home if they test positive and it is confirmed by a health care pro.

3. The vaccines aren’t real vaccines. They’re just immunity boosters. You’ll need them regularly. Ok I guess as a temporary stop gap. Living in a covid world. But the only way we might ever get this bug under control is the same way we did with sars-cov1. We’re all gonna need personal/home test kits and use them like pregnancy test kits. Except in this case unprotected sex may be as easy as breathing in another person’s exhaust. Vaccinated or not, that’s right, test, test, test. And if you test positive, then you gotta quarantine and get treatment. Don’t pass it on ! Otherwise all this bullshit ain’t ever gonna get better or stop. Just get continually worse.

The so called Great Reset is a global thing not just the USA. The problem the globalists have right now is us, the USA. We are the ones who fight back. We are the ones who have the all the guns. Hell, as a nation we are all better armed than any army in the world, including ours. This is not lost on the globalists. This has all been designed to take down the USA. We are the ones standing in their way. Anyone remember when Trump said I am the one standing between you and them. Who was them, huh? Trump got all this, Trump understood all this. That is why he had to go by any means shy of assassination. The last they wanted was to create a martyr. Wake up people, you are being played for fools. Fight back, resist or you will die. Trump knows this. DeSantis knows this. Do you?

Last edited:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Unusual, but mild.

Dr. Angelique Coetzee said that the unusual infections she was seeing in her private practice in Pretoria earlier this month presented “unusual but mild” symptoms, according to the Telegraph.

Coetzee, chair of the South African Medical Association, said it was “premature” to say the virus was going to mushroom into a global health crisis, according to the Guardian. On Friday, the World Health Association dubbed the Omicron variant a variant of concern. President Joe Biden then slapped travel restrictions on multiple African countries.

“It’s all speculation at this stage. It may be it’s highly transmissible, but so far the cases we are seeing are extremely mild,” she said.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Moderna's CEO reiterated that the current vaccines will not be effective against Omicron ... but there is more.

FULL story at the link above but the juicy parts are below:

Risk Cracks After Moderna CEO Comments Spark Global Stock Rout

Ask a drug dealer if methadone helps cure a cocaine addition and - shockingly - you will hear that the answer is "hell no", after all an affirmative response would mean the fixer needs to get a real job. Just as shocking was the "admission" of Moderna CEO, Stéphane Bancel, who in the latest stop on his media whirlwind tour of the past 48 hours gave the FT an interview in which he predicted that existing vaccines will be much less effective at tackling Omicron than earlier strains of coronavirus and warned it would take months before pharmaceutical companies could manufacture new variant-specific jabs at scale.

“There is no world, I think, where [the effectiveness] is the same level . . . we had with [the] Delta [variant],” Bancel told the Financial Times, claiming that the high number of Omicron mutations on the spike protein, which the virus uses to infect human cells, and the rapid spread of the variant in South Africa suggested that the current crop of vaccines may need to be modified next year. Here, the self-serving CEO whose sell-mode was fully engaged - after all what else would the maker of a vaccine for covid say than "yes, the world will need more of my product" - completely ignored the earlier comments from Barry Schoub, chairman of South Afruca's Ministerial Advisory Committee on Vaccines, who over the weekend said that the large number of mutations found in the omicron variant appears to destabilize the virus, which might make it less “fit” than the dominant delta strain. As such, it would be a far less virulent strain... but of course that would also reduce the need for Moderna's mRNA therapy and so Bancel failed to mention it.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
News from Israel is showing early signs that people are reasonable well protected from the new mutation with vaccines. Data is still early. Remember that Israel is one of the most heavily vaccinated nations on Earth and began booster shots for their citizens before any other nation. What happens in Israel is a good indicator for what will happen in other nations.

Below is just a portion of the article. Follow the link for the full article.

There are indications that individuals fully vaccinated against corona within six months or with the booster are also protected against the Omicron variant, Health Minister Nitzan Horowitz said on Tuesday, after another two cases were identified, bringing the total to four.
“In the coming days we will have more accurate information about the efficacy of the vaccine against Omicron, but there is already room for optimism, and there are initial indications that those who are vaccinated with a vaccine still valid or with a booster will also be protected from this variant,” Horowitz said while visiting the Soroka Medical Center in Beersheba with Finance Minister Avigdor Liberman.
. . .
Later in the evening, a report by Channel 12 said the Pfizer vaccine is just slightly less effective in preventing infection with Omicron than with Delta – 90% as opposed to 95% – while it is as effective – around 93% – in preventing serious symptoms at least for those vaccinated with a booster.
According to the report, the ability of the variant to infect is higher than Delta but not as much as feared – around 1.3 times higher. . .

Ironman

NAPERVILLE, Ill. - An Illinois family whose loved one was "desperately ill" and hospitalized earlier this month with COVID-19 says he's now home and doing well after a judge had to order a Naperville hospital to treat him with Ivermectin.

On Nov. 8, the family won a legal battle to gain approval to administer the controversial drug to 71-year-old Sun Ng, who had been on a ventilator since October 19.

Sun Ng came to the Chicago area from Hong Kong to visit his daughter and her family. He contracted COVID and within days was on a ventilator at Edward Hospital in Naperville.

His daughter, Dr. Man Kwan Ng, was desperate. She wanted the hospital to try Ivermectin, but they refused based on various national medical guidelines, which suggest the drug is ineffective.

"Mr. Ng is as good as dead in the picture, which was taken on November 4. And at that point the hospital still wouldn't give the Ivermectin," said family attorney Kirstin Erickson.

A DuPage County judge ruled in the family's favor ordering the hospital to allow Dr. Alan Bain to administer the drug. But the hospital initially refused because Dr. Bain is not vaccinated.

After further legal wrangling and the doctor presenting a negative COVID test, the treatment — a series of 15 daily shots — began in the evening of Nov. 8.

The Ng's attorney claimed Sun showed signs of improvement almost immediately.

"And today he passed a breathing test that he hadn't been able to pass in the last three weeks. And he looked more alert and aware. So I would say that the first dose of Ivermectin is actually working and is effective," Erickson said.

Ivermectin was given to Sun Ng from Nov. 8 through Nov. 12, the family said. He was then released from the hospital on Nov. 27.

Sun Ng's family says he's now at home, having fully recovered.

"My father’s recovery is amazing," Dr. Man Kwan Ng said in a statement. "My father is a tough man. He was working so hard to survive, and of course, with God’s holding hands. He weaned off oxygen about three days after moving out of the ICU. He started oral feeding before hospital discharge. He returned home without carrying a bottle of oxygen and a feeding tube installed to his stomach. He can now stand with a walker at the bedside and practice stepping. After being sedated for a month on a ventilator in ICU, his performance is beyond our expectations. Praise the Lord."

FOX 32 had reached out to the hospital before this latest update and they initially said they could not comment due to "patient privacy guidelines."

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Same thing happened to me, except I didn't have to be hospitalized. When I got Covid in August I asked my Kaiser Dr. for it and he refused, stating it was unproven. I said so is the vaccine and you are pushing that, and Ivermectin as well as Hydroxiechloriquin have been around for a long time with a good track record on other deceases, it would just be off label use. He refused. We got in a heated argument with some fuck you's thrown in and he hung up me. After the first of the year plan to find a private practice Dr. Corporate doctors are not your friend.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Same thing happened to me, except I didn't have to be hospitalized. When I got Covid in August I asked my Kaiser Dr. for it and he refused, stating it was unproven. I said so is the vaccine and you are pushing that, and Ivermectin as well as Hydroxiechloriquin have been around for a long time with a good track record on other deceases, it would just be off label use. He refused. We got in a heated argument with some fuck you's thrown in and he hung up me. After the first of the year plan to find a private practice Dr. Corporate doctors are not your friend.
Many doctors, including mine, were forced out of private practice into the institutionalized version most Americans must now endure. Unfortunately, Obamacare made this happen.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Very long, but worth reading.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
News from Israel is showing early signs that people are reasonable well protected from the new mutation with vaccines. Data is still early. Remember that Israel is one of the most heavily vaccinated nations on Earth and began booster shots for their citizens before any other nation. What happens in Israel is a good indicator for what will happen in other nations.
Yes, but Israel also seems to have the worst outcomes against all the variants. Compare Israel to Florida and the statistics indicate Florida is on the right path and Israel is not.

Ceee

Site Supporter
WHO and CDC both say Omnicron has caused zero reported deaths.
From what I understand, and I could be totally wrong, when a person is tested for covid and gets a positive, the medical professionals don't even try to determine what variant it is because it's costly, and they're going to treat both variants the very same way anyway. That's just US info.

I tend to agree with that approach. Why waste the money trying to identify the variant if they're going to treat it in the very same way.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
From what I understand, and I could be totally wrong, when a person is tested for covid and gets a positive, the medical professionals don't even try to determine what variant it is because it's costly, and they're going to treat both variants the very same way anyway. That's just US info.

I tend to agree with that approach. Why waste the money trying to identify the variant if they're going to treat it in the very same way.
This varies from nation to nation and even from state to state.

But yes, all variants are currently treated the same so from the treatment standpoint it does not matter which variant one gets. As the medical community learns more and begins to understand better how to treat it this may change over time, but as it is getting milder it may become moot too.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
WHO and CDC both say Omnicron has caused zero reported deaths.
And now we have new data.

Omicron is now officially (according to the NHS in England/UK) responsible for 1 death, and they are expecting many more.

We also don't yet know if NATURAL IMMUNITY or VACCINES will be very effective against Omicron. Omicron is a very different type of mutation. Understand that most of the recent data we have is still providing information about effectiveness against DELTA variant. But OMICRON has a very different type of structure. It does appear to be somewhat milder, which is great news.

It would be silly to assume it is harmless.

There seems to be some early evidence that the more recently vaccinated or more recently someone got a booster them lower the chances of COMPLICATIONS from Omicron. I know of 2 local hospitals with Covid patients and currently 100% of the admitted cases in both hospitals are UNvaccinted people. Vaccinated people are getting sick with Omicron but generally are less sick and generally fewer of them get admitted.

Data, which has been duplicated in a peer review study group shows that RECOVERED people who got vaccinated are the best protected. Those who recovered and were unvaccinated show a high degree of immunity. Those who got the Pfizer shot had far less, but that is highly dependent upon HOW LONG AGO they were vaccinated. The unvaccinated have zero protection.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter

When we got it and the wife and son got tested, they identified it as Delta.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Yes, the flu is kinda going around now.
The flu.
The sniffles, sneezes, temps etc..
Just like it does every year.
Covid is going to fizzle out and become a thing of the past, along with all the variants.
Fauci is going to not have anything else to talk about in 2022.
The world will be back to normal.
That's just my prediction.

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
The flu.
Covid is going to fizzle out and become a thing of the past, along with all the variants.
Hate to say it, PG, but the politicians and media will stretch this out as long as possible.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
The flu.
When this whole thing started I told my wife I thought it would be a 3 to 6 month event. I was wrong, its dragged out longer. But I believe you are correct, it will fizzle out. And it's certainly possible that Omicron is the big fizzle, or close to the big fizzle. All viruses eventually mutate to the point that they are just an inconvenience.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
The flu.
I've read a few stories and studies that corroborate this.