• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Corona Virus spreading ... US official says no need to worry

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
While I do NOT want this thread to become political and do NOT want to get into arguments about the mandates, this does seem to be a legitimate news topic that is pertinent to the topic of this thread, which is primarily medical.

Please follow the link for the full story, only the first few paragraphs are posted below:

A federal appeals court in New Orleans has halted the Biden administration’s vaccine or testing requirement for private businesses, delivering another political setback to one of the White House’s signature public health policies.
A three-judge panel of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit, helmed by one judge who was appointed by President Ronald Reagan and two others who were appointed by President Donald Trump, issued the ruling Friday, after temporarily halting the mandate last weekend in response to lawsuits filed by Republican-aligned businesses and legal groups.
Calling the requirement a “mandate,” the court said the rule, instituted through the Labor Department, “grossly exceeds OSHA’s statutory authority,”

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
On the topic of mandatory vaccination, up here, the government didn't exactly make it mandatory and keep insisting that people have a choice to vaccinate. When the government is talking with their right hand, be cautious about the left hand.

They essentially gave workplaces the power to fire anyone not vaccinated. So while the right hand is saying that you aren't forced to get it, the left hand is saying "Here's what will happen if you don't....you'll lose your job, house, vehicle, any social gathering places such as restaurants, sports events etc, you won't be able to attend funerals indoors even if it's your spouse or a parent or child..." Basically, they are holding a gun to your head saying that you don't have to get it but if you don't, I'm pulling the trigger.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
On the topic of mandatory vaccination, up here, the government didn't exactly make it mandatory and keep insisting that people have a choice to vaccinate. When the government is talking with their right hand, be cautious about the left hand.

They essentially gave workplaces the power to fire anyone not vaccinated. So while the right hand is saying that you aren't forced to get it, the left hand is saying "Here's what will happen if you don't....you'll lose your job, house, vehicle, any social gathering places such as restaurants, sports events etc, you won't be able to attend funerals indoors even if it's your spouse or a parent or child..." Basically, they are holding a gun to your head saying that you don't have to get it but if you don't, I'm pulling the trigger.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter

Same thing here Brian.

Unvaccinated, down with COVID, I wonder. Given the hysteria here, if I die will I be able to attend my own funeral?

echo

Now they are saying:
If you are fat, you have a higher risk <chuckle> not at fat people but bringing up old scare ideas.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Same thing here Brian.

Unvaccinated, down with COVID, I wonder. Given the hysteria here, if I die will I be able to attend my own funeral?

Funny (actually not funny) that you mentioned that. When dad was killed in September, he was almost late to his own funeral because of covid. Normally they would do an autopsy here for an accidental death. For some strange reason, they made it mandatory for all autopsies in Ontario to be done in Toronto. Normally, they can fly any number of bodies to Toronto for an autopsy and within 3-4 days, the body is back here and the funeral is done within a week of the death. In dad's case, he died on Monday but they couldn't get him out until Friday. The autopsy was done the following Monday then we were getting the run around as to when he would be sent back as the airline that could normally ship any number of bodies pre covid all of a sudden could only ship one body per day. We were making plans for a Saturday funeral 2 weeks after he died and couldn't guarantee that he would be able to make it home for his own funeral. Even the Wednesday before the scheduled funeral, they couldn't guarantee that he would be back in time. My brother and I were prepared to drive the 18 hour one way drive down to get him ourselves to bring him back.

Same thing with all the stupid bs rules surrounding covid. Dad died on the Monday. That Saturday, we were at the local dirt track races for the weekend where 5000+ people were squished in the grandstands shoulder to shoulder most not wearing masks. The following weekend, we couldn't have more than 40 close family members attending dad's funeral in a hall designed for 300. And we all had to wear masks and stay 6 feet apart. And there was debate in behind the scenes on whether or not unvaccinated people would be able to attend. Oh, and if the service was to happen at a church, the same restrictions would apply. But after the service, the person I had to stay 6 feet apart from and wear a mask around could walk across the street with me and go into a restaurant, sit down beside me, and take off the mask to eat. Because that makes allot of sense.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
We had our meeting at work today regarding the vaccine mandate deadline.
Let me just say, tempers flared.
I stand with my sisters and brothers in nursing who are flatly refusing.
The administrator urged the signing of the exemption form, based on medical and religious grounds.
She said, you all better get religious real fast.
This isn't an OSHA thing, corporate are staying out of it.
It's about losing Medicare and Medicaid funding at the end of the day.
It's said that those who do not comply will not be able to test free at work on the usual days, but will be charged via their insurance.
I think it's all bullshit.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I thought a judge said they could not implement the mandated vaccine?

Our daughter in law said the hospital she works at is making ready too. They cannot afford to lose the Medicare / Medicaid funds so people who do not comply will be fired. What a fucking mess. If Biden screws the entire health care world with this mandate we will all be in a world of hurt. More will die, the result of good intentions but idiotic that they can't think it through and see the repercussions of such actions.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I thought a judge said they could not implement the mandated vaccine?

Our daughter in law said the hospital she works at is making ready too. They cannot afford to lose the Medicare / Medicaid funds so people who do not comply will be fired. What a fucking mess. If Biden screws the entire health care world with this mandate we will all be in a world of hurt. More will die, the result of good intentions but idiotic that they can't think it through and see the repercussions of such actions.
Doc, that's why our meeting got so heated.
I opened my mouth, even being fully vaccinated as did some others.
Do they really care about the care of patients and residents?
No, they DO care about keeping facilities open and running with funding coming in.
Even though most healthcare facilities are already short staffed and struggling, they do not give two shits.
Comply and obey, or suffer the consequences.
I never thought I'd live to see anything like this.
😥😡

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Doc, that's why our meeting got so heated.
I opened my mouth, even being fully vaccinated as did some others.
Do they really care about the care of patients and residents?
No, they DO care about keeping facilities open and running with funding coming in.
Even though most healthcare facilities are already short staffed and struggling, they do not give two shits.
Comply and obey, or suffer the consequences.
I never thought I'd live to see anything like this.
😥😡
You can sue the vaccine makers, but I'm thinking if an employer mandates it, they could be on the hook for any adverse reactions.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
You can sue the vaccine makers, but I'm thinking if an employer mandates it, they could be on the hook for any adverse reactions.
This was something that was brought up today as well.
I do not know where all of this is going to end, (if it ever ends).. but I'm hoping it's going to come down to masking for the next year or vaccines for those who comply being the acceptable route/ or hopefully our powers that be will eventually step in at the 11th hour and see that healthcare adequately staffed is the answer.
This cannot possibly happen any other way.
There needs to be middle ground for the sake of those who need it.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
This was something that was brought up today as well.
I do not know where all of this is going to end, (if it ever ends).. but I'm hoping it's going to come down to masking for the next year or vaccines for those who comply being the acceptable route/ or hopefully our powers that be will eventually step in at the 11th hour and see that healthcare adequately staffed is the answer.
This cannot possibly happen any other way.
There needs to be middle ground for the sake of those who need it.
Well said. :agree:

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
There are two mandates. The OSHA mandate which is most likely going to get blocked. The other mandate is an Executive Order for any business with a Federal Government contract. This one is going to be harder to block and is the one that is really impacting businesses and employees.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
There are two mandates. The OSHA mandate which is most likely going to get blocked. The other mandate is an Executive Order for any business with a Federal Government contract. This one is going to be harder to block and is the one that is really impacting businesses and employees.
Yes, it's the CMS mandate for us.
😑

• Wow
Reactions: Doc

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I have been pushing the stories of Vitamin D for much of the Covid period, here is some more information on Vitamin D and Covid.

If you don't take a daily Vitamin D tablet you may want to start doing so. It takes time to build up in your system. So you simply want to be proactive. The good thing is that Vitamin D3 is cheap and easily available.

Seriously folks, please consider a daily Vitamin D tablet/capsule/pill.

And part 2

Mark1911

GOLD Site Supporter
I have thus far avoided the vaccine, having had Covid just about one year ago now. It went through the whole family (The wife and I, and our two teens) with the only serious impact being that we all lost taste and smell for about 6 weeks. You’d think you’d lose a bit of weight, not being able to taste food for a month and a half, but you’d be wrong, lol.

Any way, if push comes to shove and I need to get the vaccine to continue my job, then I will most likely submit - I’m not going to die on that hill. HOWEVER, I will do whatever is necessary to keep that vaccine OUT of my teen-age children’s bodies - and I mean whatever is necessary, wether it be home-schooling, private schooling, etc. in my humble opinion, vaccinating children against Covid is asinine. Kids <18 have a vanishingly small chance of serious reaction to Covid - their chances of severe reaction to the vaccine are at least 5x more than a sever reaction to Covid - ESPICALLY if they have previously contracted and recovered from the virus.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Good video. We have known that natural immunity, which can only be gained by first getting covid, is more powerful than any of the various vaccines. This video gives more validation to that.

Notice that the Dr Beem also stated that he does not recommend going out and getting Covid to attain natural immunity. He quite correctly points out that natural immunity, if you have it, is better, statistically than the shots.

It is logical to question why nations are issuing "vaccine passports" and why venues are requiring vaccines when, realistically, it would be better to issue "immunity passports" for these purposes.

Here are the study conclusions from the link provided at the video source above:

Results and Discussion During the study period (December 16, 2020 to September 30, 2021), 4615 HCWs contributed to a total of 1,152,486 person-days at risk (excluding 309 HCWs with prior infection) and had a COVID-19 incidence rate of 5.2/10,000 (114 infections out of 219,842 person-days) for unvaccinated person-days and 0.6/10,000 (49 infections out of 830,084 person-days) for fully vaccinated person-days, resulting in an adjusted VE of 82.3% (95% CI: 75.1–87.4%). For the secondary analysis limited to the period of delta variant predominance in Massachusetts (i.e., July 1 to September 30, 2021), we observed an adjusted VE of 76.5% (95% CI: 40.9–90.6%). Independently, we found no re-infection among those with prior COVID-19, contributing to 74,557 re-infection-free person-days, adding to the evidence base for the robustness of naturally acquired immunity.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Covid (anti-viral) pills could be the next defense. And, at least the one developed by Emory University and licensed to Ridgeback - Merck, can also treat Ebola and a host of other viral infections.

The full article is at the link above, and it is a long article with lots of information. Worth reading. But here is the gist of the article's discussion on its effectiveness in trials:

The Emory researchers named their drug molnupiravir, after Mjölnir—the hammer of Thor. It turns out that this was not hyperbole. Last month, Merck and Ridgeback announced that molnupiravir could reduce by half the chances that a person infected by the coronavirus would need to be hospitalized. The drug was so overwhelmingly effective that an independent committee asked the researchers to stop their Phase III trial early—it would have been unethical to continue giving participants placebos. None of the nearly four hundred patients who received molnupiravir in the trial went on to die, and the drug had no major side effects. On November 4th, the U.K. became the first country to approve molnupiravir; many observers expect that an emergency-use authorization will come from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration in December.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
We have ZERO PROOF that Ivermectin actually works.

But we know that in African nations that allow Ivermetin have low cases
And we know that in India, with regions allowing Ivermectin, the cases are low
Now we have this information from Japan . . . hmmm!?!

Please watch: