• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Corona Virus spreading ... US official says no need to worry

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I've been hearing more and more about break through cases. I'd be interested in reading about which vaccine is more susceptible to break through cases. That info may be impossible to obtain and just not out there, but I'd sure like to see percentages compared by vaccine brands.
I found some data on breakthrough cases in Israel. They primarily used Pfizer and AstraZenica. But the people who got it after vaccination rarely got very sick. It seems like it is nothing to really worry about (statistically) if you are vaccinated or if you recovered from a prior infection.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
The thing about being American is we get to make choices. Sometime we make bad ones. But why does that give our government, or any particular political party, any foundation for telling us what we MUST do? A government that tells us what we must do is not one of a free people. So they say, the choice is either we are free or we are safe? Bull feathers.

We are free to make bad decisions. and no government should be held to task for not preventing our stupidity.
Right now we have the choice.

There are SOME government workers that are going to be mandated to get a vaccine.

There are SOME private sector workers that are being told they need to get the vaccine but they still have a choice.

Just to add a little clarity to the fire, the death rate is still VERY VERY LOW from Covid. I can find no data that shows that DELTA is actually more deadly as a % of cases. It will increase hospitalizations and deaths in the unvaccinated population as they get infected, but very likely among the higher risk populations (obesity, autoimmune, cancer, diabetes, hypertension, etc).

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/...-death-rate-is-still-roughly-at-pandemic-low/

U.S. Coronavirus Death Rate Is Still Roughly at Pandemic-Low

Wendell Husebø27 Jul 2021
In this file photo, James Harvey tends tends to the inventory of pre-sold caskets at a funeral home on April 29, 2020 in New York City. (Spencer Platt/Getty Images)
Spencer Platt/Getty Images
2:35
The United States’ coronavirus death rate is still roughly at a pandemic-low, as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommended Tuesday that vaccinated individuals and children wear masks indoors.
According to Google’s coronavirus tracking system on July 26, 275 people are dying from the virus on a seven day average, while overall infection cases are rising. Around the high of coronavirus deaths on January 20, when President Joe Biden took office, 3,056 people were dying on a seven day average.
Since January, coronavirus deaths have steadily decreased – presumably due to the vaccine developed under the Trump administration.
On February 20, 1,904 people were dying on a seven day average. The number dipped again in March to 1,083.
On April 20, the number had decreased to 784 deaths on average per seven days. May saw the number shrink to 595 and in June the average seven day death rate was down to 300.
The dropping numbers come as the CDC reinstated mask recommendations for vaccinated individuals, a policy which was previously dropped in May when the seven day average was recorded at 595.
When the White House was pressed as to why vaccinated individuals must wear masks, press secretary Jen Psaki said the recommendations were due to the “transmissibility of the virus.”
“Because the public health leaders in our administration have made the determination, based on data, that is a way to make sure they are protected, their loved ones are protected.,” she said. “That’s an extra step in given the transmissibility of the virus.”
“Federal officials met on Sunday night to review new evidence that may have prompted the reversal,” a New York Times report stated. “The new guidance would mark a sharp turnabout from the agency’s position since May that vaccinated people do not need to wear masks in most indoor spaces.”
“It’s a dynamic situation. It’s a work in progress, it evolves like in so many other areas of the pandemic,” Dr. Anthony Fauci explained Sunday. “You’ve got to look at the data.”
The Associated Press reported the peak death toll “topped out in mid-January at an average of more than 3,400 a day, just a month into the biggest vaccination drive in the nation’s history.”

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Ok seriously, is there anyone on the planet earth who can explain this to me?

Seriously WTF

Did this guy just rob the Democratic Headquarters brain bank? If so he clearly got all their intelligence.

223015591_6721859891173212_2824591495304203968_n.jpg

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
And for the old folks.

Israel, the nation which is the most vaccinated in the world, and which vaccinated their older people faster than any other nation, we have a lot of news reports. Already noted, people who got vaccinated in December/January have less resistance to Delta than people who got vaccinated in March/April. So it appears that, at least among OLDER people, the vaccine effectiveness seems to fade. Younger people don't seem to show as much fade in effectiveness but there are very few studies so the data is really incomplete.

Israel is not going to begin dosing a 3rd dose of vaccine to older folks. It is unclear if they are just going to give another shot of the current vaccine or if they are using a newer version of the vaccine that has been optimized for Delta. As it clearly doesn't say a new version is being used, I'd just guess they are giving another dose of the current vaccine.

Health Ministry experts panel recommends 3rd COVID shot for older Israelis

Jul. 29, 2021 12:38 AM​
Experts advising the Health Ministry have recommended that older people receive a third dose of the coronavirus vaccine, though they disagree on whether the cohort should start at 60 years old, 65 or 70.​
Some of the data presented at a discussion Wednesday suggested that the vaccine's effectiveness in preventing severe symptoms among 60-year-olds and above has dropped to 81 percent from 97 percent in January.​
While most panel members favored a booster shot for anyone 60 or older, others suggested that the bar be raised to 65 or 70. The Health Ministry's director general, Nachman Ash, will make the final decision.​
Prime Minister Naftali Bennett will meet the health minister and other experts on Thursday to discuss the health or economic implications of the said move, a statement by the prime minister's office reads.​
Earlier Wednesday, experts told Haaretz that there is still not enough data on the effectiveness and safety of a third dose, but they also expressed concerns about delaying the decision.​
Prof. Galia Rahav, head of the infectious disease unit at Sheba Medical Center near Tel Aviv, will head a research team looking into the move. Rahav told Haaretz that she hopes to begin testing a third dose next week.​
“We're seeing a dramatic drop in the level of immunity and we know the elderly respond less to vaccines than the young, but we don’t have this data for COVID-19,” she said.​
On Tuesday, Prime Minister Naftali Bennett declared that Israel was “very close” to making a decision on COVID booster shots, and on obtaining the additional doses needed to make that happen.​
Bennett's remarks came two weeks after the World Health Organization and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control said there was no need at this time for a third dose, but as Israeli Health Ministry data showed a sharp decline in the vaccine's effectiveness against infection and a slight decline in preventing severe illness.​

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
SWEDEN has a fairly small population but an extraordinarily high vaccination rate, especially among the older populations, which are generally at greater risk. Nice to see they have ZERO deaths. Probably largely because they have so many vaccinated people.

Israel also is high vaccinated but is seeing breakthrough by the DELTA variant from India.

Why is Israel having a different infection rate than Sweden? Some of the answer may lie in WHEN people were vaccinated. There are now studies showing that the vaccination efficacy, especially in OLDER adults, tends to fade over time. Since Israel started their vaccination program earlier than other nations, logically some of their population, especially the older members who were vaccinated first, would actually have lower immunity than people who have more recently been vaccinated. Sweden started mass vaccinations later, and therefore would, if the data is correct, have a higher level of immunity to the Delta/Indian variant because more people have been vaccinated fairly recently.

FULL STORY AT THE LINK -- https://www.zerohedge.com/covid-19/...rld-push-3rd-covid-vaccine-already-vaccinated

Israel Becomes First Country In World To Push 3rd COVID Shot For Already Vaccinated

In what's a likely sign of things to come elsewhere, Israel is now pushing a third jab, or follow-up booster for those who've already received their two vaccine rounds, for the elderly people over the age of 60.
Israel's prominent Haaretz newspaper revealed Thursday the country will be the first in the world to start doing so after government approval, writing that Israel "will start offering a third COVID vaccine shot to people over 60 starting on Sunday, after the Health Ministry approved the move on Thursday."
"The booster shots will be given to those over 60 who received their second dose at least five months ago. Israel is the first country to announce that it will begin giving booster shots," the report says.
Israeli President Naftali Bennet unveiled the plan to the nation in a televised address:
"I’m announcing this evening the beginning of the campaign to receive the booster vaccine, the third vaccine," Bennett said.
"Reality proves the vaccines are safe. Reality also proves the vaccines protects from severe morbidity and death. And like the flu vaccine that needs to be renewed from time to time, it is the same in this case."
Recent reports have indicated internal health ministry disagreement on whether the third jab program should start for vaccinated people 60 years old, 65 or 70. The rationale is that the elderly are considered to have weaker immune systems compared to the broader population.
Some 60% of Israel's total population has been vaccinated. The third round of a Pfizer-BioNTech shot is also in response to fears that the vaccine's effectiveness is waning the face of the delta variant's spread. Within the eligible age group, those that received their second dose at least five months ago have access to the booster.
Some are already calling for a "different vaccine" altogether to fight delta and other variants...
Axios notes that:
Pfizer on Wednesday said it has data that shows that a third shot "strongly" increases antibody levels against the Delta variant.
Recently Israel's health ministry boasted that the two-dose vaccine is 91% effective against severe illness and 88% effective against hospitalization, but again it appears that officials are concerned the effectiveness is being reduced especially in the elderly population. . .

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
This morning I saw a "shocking" headline that is supposed to scare people.

126,000 Breakthrough Infections in Vaccinated People

Put that into perspective, that is less than 0.08% of the vaccinated people who got Covid after vaccination, and they typically get very mild cases and don't end up in the hospital.

Over 98% of the deaths are among the UNvaccinated population.

People at risk are usually a combination of 2 or more of the following: overweight, with hypertension, diabetic, elderly, autoimmune disease, cancer, pulmonary issues. Unvaccinated people are at much higher risk than vaccinated people for developing complications, especially if they have some of the above morbidities.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I would really like to see the demographic data on the people who are going into the hospitals.

How old are they? Breakdown by age brackets.
What other co-morbidities do they have?

The 3 data points below are NOT listed in the article, which clearly shows that some hospitals are bursting their capacity limits, but it should be noted that based on national data:
  • 179 unvaccinated people per 100,000 get Covid versus 21 vaccinated people per 100,000.
  • 2.96 people per 100,000 cases end up in the hospital versus 0.1 vaccinated peoplel.
  • 0.96% unvaccinated who get Covid end up dead vs 0.04% of the vaccinated people.

Full story at the link below:

According to the Florida Health Department, the new positivity rate for all of Florida is at 18.1%. In Broward, it’s 14%, Miami-Dade is at 12.1%, and Monroe County is at 16.2%.​
And according to the Florida Hospital Association, COVID-19 hospitalizations are nearing last year’s peak.​
Florida now has more people hospitalized than any other state.​
Dr. Yvonne Johnson, Chief Medical Officer at Baptist South Miami Hospital, said the number of patients in her COVID ward has quadrupled in the past 3 weeks.​
Eighty to eighty-five percent of those people who are hospitalized are unvaccinated. And 100 percent of the people in my IUC are unvaccinated. All those people are suffering unnecessarily.”

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
DC is under a mask order.

Why are government officials going maskless but expecting citizens (subjects) to obey laws they refuse to obey?

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
While I am pro-vaccination I am also very much against mandatory vaccination.

I got vaccinated in January and am glad I did. I'm also not going to tell someone else what to do. Recently ate dinner at a friends house and my wife and I were the only 2 vaccinated. I'm OK with the choices of others.

That said, I think, especially for the over 55 year olds, and anyone with co-morbidities like obesity, hypertension, pulmonary issues, diabetes, etc that it makes sense to get vaccinated.

Clearly too small of a sample size to be considered 'proof' but it is clearly more evidence, added to a large pile of evidence, that vaccinations actually work.

Vaccination may provide more protection than COVID-19 natural immunity, CDC study finds

The COVID-19 vaccines may provide greater protection against reinfection than natural immunity, according to a new study from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

“If you have had COVID-19 before, please still get vaccinated,” CDC Director Dr. Rochelle Walensky said in a statement. “This study shows you are twice as likely to get infected again if you are unvaccinated. Getting the vaccine is the best way to protect yourself and others around you, especially as the more contagious Delta variant spreads around the country.”
The study compared 246 patients in Kentucky who had been reinfected with the coronavirus with 492 patients who had not been reinfected. It found a lower rate of vaccination among those who had been reinfected.
“Kentucky residents with previous infections who were unvaccinated had 2.34 times the odds of reinfection compared with those who were fully vaccinated,” the study's authors wrote.
Yet, the study has some limitations. First, the reinfections were confirmed using an antigen test and not the whole genome sequencing needed to confirm that the reinfection was caused by a distinct virus and was not related to the first infection. Second, vaccinated people are less likely to get tested for COVID-19, which could overestimate the relationship between lack of vaccination and reinfection. . .

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Lots of places are once again putting the mask mandate in order.
Some of us never STOPPED wearing the damn things.
I've been fully vaccinated, but it's been nice not having any type of flu, never mind a head cold for a very long time.
Speaking of state orders: I noticed recently that all the blue 6 ft apart circles are missing off the floors of stores, banks etc.
I imagine those will be reappearing as well.
Is this EVER going to end?
?

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
. . . I noticed recently that all the blue 6 ft apart circles are missing off the floors of stores, banks etc.
?
I still see the circles regularly in stores, mostly chain stores

I don't think the politicians want it to end. Honestly they love the control. Its not 'herd immunity' they are after, it is 'herd mentality' that they want to direct.

This IS a REAL disease. Doesn't matter if it was created in a lab or naturally occurring. We have do deal with it. But there are ways of dealing with it that don't require idiotic symbolism or totalitarian lockdowns. We need to identify the people at high risk and take care of them.

And we need to understand that mutations will change who are at high risk as the disease evolves. So we need to understand that yesterday's high risk person may be tomorrows immune person and today's low risk individual may be next week's high risk person. There are simple things we know help, Vitamin D is on the top of that list. Vaccinated or not, it has been proven to reduce spread and lower the risk of infection, it also reduces severity of the disease. Take it daily. My family takes 5000iu daily.

Current high risk factors: Pulmonary diseases, Hypertension, AutoImmune diseases, Diabetes, Overweight and especially Obese, but just being 25# - 30# overweight can put you at higher risk. Cancers.

Being Overweight seems to be the #1 risk factor, in fact it now seems to be more of a problem than old age. First wave of Covid attacked the elderly. Delta seems to be attacking much younger people. Both have the common factor of attacking overweight people, plus people with the other risk factors.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Real cure. Real breakthrough. From Israel. I've posted about this one before, after the Phase 1 trails.

It is now being used in Greece, under Phase 2 trials, which are just completing.

Well worth reading. A true cure.

COVID: 90% of patients treated with new Israeli drug discharged in 5 days

The Phase II trial for an Israeli COVID drug saw some 29 out of 30 patients, moderate to serious, recover within days.​

Some 93% of 90 coronavirus serious patients treated in several Greek hospitals with a new drug developed by a team at Tel Aviv’s Sourasky Medical Center as part of the Phase II trial of the treatment were discharged in five days or fewer.​
The Phase II trial confirmed the results of Phase I, which was conducted in Israel last winter and saw 29 out of 30 patients in moderate to serious condition recover within days.​
“The main goal of this study was to verify that the drug is safe,” Prof. Nadir Arber said. “To this day we have not registered any significant side effect in any patient from both groups.”​
The trial was conducted in Athens because Israel did not have enough relevant patients. The principal investigator was Greece’s coronavirus commissioner, Prof. Sotiris Tsiodras.​
Arber and his team, including Dr. Shiran Shapira, developed the drug based on a molecule that the professor has been studying for 25 years called CD24, which is naturally present in the body.​
“It is important to remember that 19 out of 20 COVID-19 patients do not need any therapy,” Arber said. “After a window of five to 12 days, some 5% of the patients start to deteriorate.”​
The main cause of the clinical deterioration is an over activation of the immune system, also known as a cytokine storm. In case of COVID-19 patients, the system starts attacking healthy cells in the lungs.​
“This is exactly the problem that our drug targets,” he said.​
CD24 is a small protein that is anchored to the membrane of the cells and it serves many functions including regulating the mechanism responsible for the cytokine storm.​
Arber stressed that their treatment, EXO-CD24, does not affect the immune system as a whole, but only targets this specific mechanism, helping find again its correct balance.​
“This is precision medicine,” he said. “We are very happy that we have found a tool to tackle the physiology of the disease.”​
“Steroids for example shut down the entire immune system,” he further explained. “We are balancing the part responsible for the cytokine storms using the endogenous mechanism of the body, meaning tools offered by the body itself.”​
Arber noted that another breakthrough element of this treatment is its delivery.​
“We are employing exosomes, very small vesicles derived from the membrane of the cells which are responsible for the exchange of information between them,” he said.​
“By managing to deliver them exactly where they are needed, we avoid many side effects,” he added.​
The team is now ready to launch the last phase of the study.​
“As promising as the findings of the first phases of a treatment can be, no one can be sure of anything until results are compared to the ones of patients who receive a placebo,” he said.​
Some 155 coronavirus patients will take part in the study. Two-thirds of them will be administered the drug, and one-third a placebo.​
The study will be conducted in Israel and it might be also carried out in other places if the number of patients in the country will not suffice.​
“We hope to complete it by the end of the year,” Arber said.​
If the results are confirmed, he vowed that the treatment can be made available relatively quickly and at a low cost.​
“In addition, a success could pave the wave to treat many other diseases,” he concluded.​

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Lots of places are once again putting the mask mandate in order.
Some of us never STOPPED wearing the damn things.
I've been fully vaccinated, but it's been nice not having any type of flu, never mind a head cold for a very long time.
Speaking of state orders: I noticed recently that all the blue 6 ft apart circles are missing off the floors of stores, banks etc.
?
No. Not until Americans stand up for their rights.

To be clear, it is not COVID-19 that is diminishing our rights. It is the people we elected to protect those rights.

Telling the population to wear a useless paper mask whilst ignoring, and even denying, any attempt to pursue the nation that caused the pandemic is not in the best interests of America. Whilst I understand we do need to contain the fire, I think we need to put some emphasis on finding and eliminating the arsonist.

Who, BTW, may well be one of us in whom we trusted.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
The mistrust of the government by the American people is well documented and verifiable. from using blacks to test VD contagion to introducing an un verified vaccine on a broad scale to a population they scared to death for over a year. Our government, who cannot keep a secret much less a promise dares to insult portions of the population that have an inherent mistrust of the government founded by men who advised repeatedly to never trust that government.

Mike Rowe is no stranger to the common man and has been recently castigated for his stance on the vaccine and any mandatory requirement for it.
A hit piece by one Jonathon Lost was published and mike had the temerity to take Mr. Last to task for it.

A good read.

Some excerpts;

The fact is, millions of reasonable Americans have every right to feel confused and skeptical. Those people you refer to, Steve – the ones now telling us that we can “get back to normal just as soon as everyone is vaccinated” – those are the same people who said, “two weeks to flatten the curve!” Those are the same people who told us that masks were “useless” before they told us they were “critical.” Those are the same people who told us that a return to normalcy would occur just as soon as “the most vulnerable” among us were vaccinated. Then, just as soon as “half the population” was vaccinated. Then, just as soon as we achieved “herd immunity.” Those are the same people who told us they wouldn’t trust ANY vaccine developed under the last administration. Now, those very same people are belittling the skeptics!
Last wrote in his attack on Rowe, “Rowe’s response is worth reading in full because it is either an example of despicable dishonesty or breathtaking stupidity.”

Rowe:

What’s reprehensible, and cowardly, is your attempt to mischaracterize what I wrote, and deliberately misinform your readers. If I really wanted to discourage people from getting vaccinated, why would I admit to getting vaccinated myself? And why would I write the passage you deliberately omitted? Here it is again, lest your readers forget it. “Vaccines have saved more lives than any other advancement in the long history of medicine, and to your point, I got the shots the minute I was eligible. – Mike Rowe.”
Last: Rowe says he wants people to make their own decisions. Great. I celebrate everyone’s choices. But they should make them without Mike Rowe lying to them about the real things which happened in the real world.

Rowe concluded: I’m happy to let the readers make up their own minds about who’s telling the truth. But let’s be clear about what you’ve done with your little slice of the Internet. You have ignored the point of my original post, omitted key passages regarding my actual position on vaccines, written a damning and fallacious headline, and picked a fight with a guy who just reminded six million people that the overwhelming majority of Americans currently hospitalized with COVID have not been vaccinated. Oh yeah, AND told them that he got the shot as soon as he was able. That was the point of my post, Jonathan. What was the point of yours?

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I saw Mike Rowe’s response yesterday and thought it was awesome. The only thing I’d add is that while the vaccines are currently considered experimental, so are all the therapies.

If someone gets Covid, and if they didn’t want an experimental vaccine, I’d have to wonder if they will accept treatment of an experimental treatment that is less effective than the experimental vaccine?

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I saw Mike Rowe’s response yesterday and thought it was awesome. The only thing I’d add is that while the vaccines are currently considered experimental, so are all the therapies.

If someone gets Covid, and if they didn’t want an experimental vaccine, I’d have to wonder if they will accept treatment of an experimental treatment that is less effective than the experimental vaccine?
Experimental therapies are like taking acetaminophen instead of aspirin. Or more to the point, Aspirin relieved the head ache, will it relive joint pain?

Therapies are generally accepted practices for one ailment, generally recognized as safe, used to experiment efficacy on another. Experimental means that whilst there is a reasoned assumption,,,,,; there is no definitive proof of efficacy or safety.

Big difference.

Now that we have had some time and a few studies, it may be reasonable to say the vaccines are safe. And add that they are effective. But the FDA has not done so. So we are flying without a parachute.

I say, "Keep an open mind." As Buzz Aldrin once commented, "the mind is like a parachute. If it is not open, it is unlikely to be of use."

Last edited:

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Therapies like ivermectin, like resmedivir, like this new Israeli treatment, like the plasma treatments, like steroids. These are the treatments being given in hospitals (not all in the US) and with very mixed results. We still see a high % of deaths of people who end up in the hospital, fortunately most people never get sick enough from Covid for them to go into the hospital. Those who get put on ventilators are likely to never recover and die. Those are the therapies being used today in hospitals.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
For the immunocompromised people, perhaps a 3rd Covid shot as a booster:

Third COVID Vaccine Booster Shot For Immunocompromised People Expected To Be Approved By FDA

The FDA is expected to authorize a booster shot Thursday for immunocompromised people for whom two doses of the COVID-19 vaccine might not be enough protection, according to CBS News.
“It is imminent that we will be giving it to immune compromised,” Dr. Anthony Fauci, the president’s chief medical adviser, told CBS This Morning...​
Even if the FDA approves it, the CDC would have to formally recommend the boosters in order for providers to start vaccinating.
About 3-percent of Americans adults have compromised immune systems...
“We don’t feel at this particular point that, apart from the immune compromised, we don’t feel we need to give boosters right now. But, importantly, we are following this in real time, literally on a weekly and monthly basis, we’re following cohorts of individuals, elderly, younger individuals, people in nursing homes to determine if, in fact, the level of protection is starting to attenuate...
If you’re eligible for a booster shot Dr. Fauci said it’s preferrable you go with the same brand of vaccine you originally received.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Therapies like ivermectin, like resmedivir, like this new Israeli treatment, like the plasma treatments, like steroids. These are the treatments being given in hospitals (not all in the US) and with very mixed results. We still see a high % of deaths of people who end up in the hospital, fortunately most people never get sick enough from Covid for them to go into the hospital. Those who get put on ventilators are likely to never recover and die. Those are the therapies being used today in hospitals.
You do make it sound like all the "therapies" are all quack medicine. I'm not sure that is entirely true. Many Doctors on the ground have no political reason to put their patients at undue risk. I'm betting the same is not true of our government and/or the agencies like the CDC and WHO.

I'm not sure what "mixed results" means. The vaccine may well be a good one but it also has "mixed results." Considering the unusual advances implemented it would be very unlikely, statistically unlikely, that it did not.

Medical science is hardly exact. The medical community generally snickers at Chiropractic. And yet my doctor, a DO, went to Chiropractic college to improve his "therapies."

I'm not saying NO to any approach, Just using well reasoned caution.

Last edited:

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
You do make it sound like all the "therapies" are all quack medicine. I'm not sure that is entirely true. Many Doctors on the ground have no political reason to put their patients at undue risk. I'm betting the same is not true of our government and/or the agencies like the CDC and WHO.

I'm not sure what "mixed results" means. The vaccine may well be a good one but it also has "mixed results." Considering the unusual advances implemented it would be very unlikely that it did not.

Medical science is hardly exact. The medical community generally snickers at Chiropractic. And yet my doctor, a DO, went to Chiropractic college to improve his "therapies."

I'm not saying NO to any approach, Just using well reasoned caution.
Of the therapies I listed, and there are more, the one I'd want if I was hospitalized is the new treatment from Israel.

I am optimistic that Ivermectin might work, but there are too many questions about it and not enough evidence to support it. It appears that there might be some evidence to support Ivermectin as somewhat effective in early stages of Covid. No actual medical studies support it.

Several therapies in common use are medically ineffective on the majority of patients. I'd suggest that is mixed results.

One thing that I think we all need to do is to adapt to new information and new strains and try to figure out fact from fiction too. Early on the world was disinfecting surfaces, we now know that the disease is airborne and the surface cleaning is close to meaningless (unless you lick surfaces). Early on we didn't know a lot of things. We know more now. But we also are often STUCK on things like the mask debate . . . do they work? do they not work? Or do SOME of the masks work? I think treatments may fall into the same category. We need continuous study.
  • We know that Chicken Pox will infect 90+% of close contacts.
  • We know that the ORIGINAL strain, and a few earlier variants, will infect 20-30% of the close contacts.
  • We know that the DELTA strain will infect roughly 70% of close contacts.
  • We know that of those vaccinated with 2 dose vaccines are highly immune to Covid, even Delta, and those who are vaccinated and get Covid have much lower rates of complications than the unvaccinated.
  • We know that people mistakenly believe that Covid is far more deadly than it actually is.
  • We know that people mistakenly believe that Covid is far more serious to far more people than it actually is.
  • We know that people actually are at serious risk if they are part of a high risk category but if they are not part of those high risk groups then they have little to actually fear, other than fear stoked by the media.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Whilst I am 74,,,, I am not part of any high risk group.

Parenthetically, I will assume masks don't work. The highest hot spot in the state of Mo is Springfield. It is a liberal, young, athletic population with lots of outside air. It has had the toughest and longest mask mandate in the state and yet it's hospitals are full of COVID patients.

Go figure.

Your list is exactly of what I am saying. I can look at those items, facts if you will, and make a reasoned judgement.

Whilst not as deadly, the common flu vexed me every year. I always had the symptoms for days after the shot. Advised by many to have it despite this, the best experience I ever had getting the shot, was the ability to schedule the time I would be sick with the flu.