• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Corona Virus spreading ... US official says no need to worry

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
After all the reading, debating and listening, bottom line with the exception of knowing a little more about the virus. even with a half dozen vaccines around the world with Trillions of dollars spent and lives ruined, no one is any closer to defeating the virus than we were a year ago when it started. People are getting COVID that got the vaccine and historically vaccines are about 70% effective year over year because of mutation. How long has there been Flu vaccines?? Do we still get the yearly Flu and people die every year from the yearly Flu?? I would recommend anyone that lives in a urban area to rethink that.
1- a lot more people spreading it around
2- a lot more restrictions
3- and maybe its time for people to be loyal and take care of Mom and Dad yourself when they get old like we used to. Is it a inconvenience? Yes it is but they already wiped your ass when you came in so maybe you should return the favor when they go out.
4- Take some personal responsibility and stay home if you have issues with your health and you are scared about it. So folks that are not can have some type of normalcy in there life.
5- Accept the fact that we didn't ask for it or can change it and likely will be the leading cause of death in folks with medical issues from now on. 6- Get on with life the best you can.
My .02

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
After all the reading, debating and listening, bottom line with the exception of knowing a little more about the virus. even with a half dozen vaccines around the world with Trillions of dollars spent and lives ruined, no one is any closer to defeating the virus than we were a year ago when it started. People are getting COVID that got the vaccine and historically vaccines are about 70% effective year over year because of mutation. How long has there been Flu vaccines?? Do we still get the yearly Flu and people die every year from the yearly Flu?? I would recommend anyone that lives in a urban area to rethink that.
1- a lot more people spreading it around
2- a lot more restrictions
3- and maybe its time for people to be loyal and take care of Mom and Dad yourself when they get old like we used to. Is it a inconvenience? Yes it is but they already wiped your ass when you came in so maybe you should return the favor when they go out.
4- Take some personal responsibility and stay home if you have issues with your health and you are scared about it. So folks that are not can have some type of normalcy in there life.
5- Accept the fact that we didn't ask for it or can change it and likely will be the leading cause of death in folks with medical issues from now on. 6- Get on with life the best you can.
My .02
I agree with much of what you wrote but disagree with some points. I think they are closer to finding treatments and in fact there are some treatments used in some areas of the world that seem to be pretty good, while other areas of the world don't use those same treatments. Vitamin D seems to have a dramatic ability to alter the course of this disease's affect on the human body but it seems to be totally overlooked by some nations while other nations seem to be pushing the use of this cheap and available vitamin.

I totally agree that the urban dwellers may want to rethink priorities and lifestyles, but I doubt many of them will do so. Certainly some have have fled cities like New York, Chicago and San Fran. But those cities were already losing populations, it was just that Covid gave the incentive to leave to those who were already predisposed to flee for other reasons.

And yes, we do have to figure out how to get on with our lives as best as we can.

===========================================

Rather than posting some new innovation (I haven't seen any) or additional news about the vaccine rollout (not going fast enough) I thought this was a good story. And it is finally making news in some mainstream media too. NY Governor Cuomo was heralded as a model of hot a good leader should lead during much of this pandemic, he was typically compared to the horrible Republican governors of several states (Florida, Texas, etc). All the while we were posting about the nursing home deaths that were ignored by mainstream media. Glad to see that people are finally being held accountable for the government created genocide that occurred in the NY nursing homes.

Video at the link: https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/judge-new-york-turn-over-nursing-covid-statistics

New York ordered to turn over nursing home COVID-19 death statistics

| February 03, 2021 04:10 PM

A New York Supreme Court justice is ordering the state to turn over its data on coronavirus-caused deaths in nursing homes.

Justice Kimberly A. O'Connor released her decision on Wednesday, concluding that the state violated the law by not providing a reasonable date for when it could turn over the information to Empire Center for Public Policy, the group that requested it. New York will now have to turn over the data within five business days.

The conservative think tank filed a request for the information in August, but when the state delayed the request, they filed a lawsuit in September.

"DOH has had ample time to respond to Empire Center's FOIL request," O'Connor said. "Its continued failure to provide petitioner a response, given the straightforward nature of the request, how the data is collected and maintained, and the fact that some of the requested data has already been made publicly available without personally identifying information, goes against FOIL's broad standard of open and transparent government and is a violation of the statute."

"With the preliminary audit complete, we were already in the process of responding to their FOIL request and updating DOH’s website with publicly available information," said Gary Holmes, a health department spokesman.

Last week, New York State Attorney General Letitia James released a report saying that nursing home coronavirus deaths had been undercounted by Gov. Andrew Cuomo's administration by as much as 50%.

On Mar. 25, the New York Health Department released a directive ordering nursing homes to accept and readmit patients that had tested positive for COVID-19, a move for which Cuomo received intense criticism. In July, the Health Department released a report asserting that most of the patients sent back "were no longer contagious when admitted and therefore were not a source of infection."

On Monday, the New York Times reported at least nine senior New York state health officials have resigned from their positions, including the medical director in the division of epidemiology. Cuomo himself, who in the early stages of the pandemic was hailed as a dynamic leader, has been under increasing pressure this year for his policies and decision making as the vaccine rolls out in the Empire State.​

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Looks like we will not "vaccinate" away this disease.

More likely we will only reach herd immunity after about 25% of the population gets Covid.

1 in 4 Americans have no intention of getting vaccinated. I know a couple that don't intend to take it. The husband is a Federal Marshall, he will only take it if he is ordered to do so. His wife is pretty much an anti-vaccine person who simply doesn't trust the government and especially does not trust this vaccine.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
I agree with much of what you wrote but disagree with some points. I think they are closer to finding treatments and in fact there are some treatments used in some areas of the world that seem to be pretty good, while other areas of the world don't use those same treatments. Vitamin D seems to have a dramatic ability to alter the course of this disease's affect on the human body but it seems to be totally overlooked by some nations while other nations seem to be pushing the use of this cheap and available vitamin.

I totally agree that the urban dwellers may want to rethink priorities and lifestyles, but I doubt many of them will do so. Certainly some have have fled cities like New York, Chicago and San Fran. But those cities were already losing populations, it was just that Covid gave the incentive to leave to those who were already predisposed to flee for other reasons.

And yes, we do have to figure out how to get on with our lives as best as we can.

===========================================

Rather than posting some new innovation (I haven't seen any) or additional news about the vaccine rollout (not going fast enough) I thought this was a good story. And it is finally making news in some mainstream media too. NY Governor Cuomo was heralded as a model of hot a good leader should lead during much of this pandemic, he was typically compared to the horrible Republican governors of several states (Florida, Texas, etc). All the while we were posting about the nursing home deaths that were ignored by mainstream media. Glad to see that people are finally being held accountable for the government created genocide that occurred in the NY nursing homes.

Video at the link: https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/judge-new-york-turn-over-nursing-covid-statistics

New York ordered to turn over nursing home COVID-19 death statistics

| February 03, 2021 04:10 PM​
A New York Supreme Court justice is ordering the state to turn over its data on coronavirus-caused deaths in nursing homes.
Justice Kimberly A. O'Connor released her decision on Wednesday, concluding that the state violated the law by not providing a reasonable date for when it could turn over the information to Empire Center for Public Policy, the group that requested it. New York will now have to turn over the data within five business days.​
The conservative think tank filed a request for the information in August, but when the state delayed the request, they filed a lawsuit in September.​
"DOH has had ample time to respond to Empire Center's FOIL request," O'Connor said. "Its continued failure to provide petitioner a response, given the straightforward nature of the request, how the data is collected and maintained, and the fact that some of the requested data has already been made publicly available without personally identifying information, goes against FOIL's broad standard of open and transparent government and is a violation of the statute."​
"With the preliminary audit complete, we were already in the process of responding to their FOIL request and updating DOH’s website with publicly available information," said Gary Holmes, a health department spokesman.​
Last week, New York State Attorney General Letitia James released a report saying that nursing home coronavirus deaths had been undercounted by Gov. Andrew Cuomo's administration by as much as 50%.
On Mar. 25, the New York Health Department released a directive ordering nursing homes to accept and readmit patients that had tested positive for COVID-19, a move for which Cuomo received intense criticism. In July, the Health Department released a report asserting that most of the patients sent back "were no longer contagious when admitted and therefore were not a source of infection."​
On Monday, the New York Times reported at least nine senior New York state health officials have resigned from their positions, including the medical director in the division of epidemiology. Cuomo himself, who in the early stages of the pandemic was hailed as a dynamic leader, has been under increasing pressure this year for his policies and decision making as the vaccine rolls out in the Empire State.​
I agree with investing in therapeutics that can ease the symptoms, there are already some but we could use more, the point of my post was that its not going away and we are going to learn how to live with it, and where you live can effect how you do that.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
5- Accept the fact that we didn't ask for it or can change it and likely will be the leading cause of death in folks with medical issues from now on.

6- Get on with life the best you can.
My .02
Yup.
Just like the regular flu.

Again I'm predicting this thing called COVID-19 which turned the world upside down is going to miraculously become not such a thing within a few months.
We're all going to be vaccinated.
Next year a component of covid will be safely a part of our regular flu jabs.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I agree with investing in therapeutics that can ease the symptoms, there are already some but we could use more, the point of my post was that its not going away and we are going to learn how to live with it, and where you live can effect how you do that.
Not therapeutics!

Actual treatments. Actual preventatives.

Vitamin D3 may prevent Covid. Vitamin D is known to reduce the severity (not just symptoms but actual disease and most Americans and Europeans are V D deficient.

ivermectin may be a cure.

Hydroxycloriqin, if used EARLY, may be a cure or may reduce the severity or is at least an effective treatment and may be a preventative in low doses. If used late and in high doses actually makes things worse.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
We got our first shots today and let me say that I was impressed by the efficiency of the whole operation. We had a 6 pm appointment. We got there 10 minutes early and were back in the car park at 6:15 pm and that included the 15 minute observation period. It doesn't get much slicker than that.

We got the Pfizer vaccine and an appointment for the second shot on the 24th of Feb. I've had no reaction to the shot at all. My wife, who faints at the sight of a needle, says that she didn't even feel it but her arm feels tired, not sore, just tired.

As far as supplements go, I was vitamin D deficient and have been taking a D3 capsule every day along with a multivitamin for a long time. That amounts to almost 400% of the recommended daily dosage of Vitamin D along with the other recommended minerals that are supposed to alleviate or prevent COVID and its symptoms. I don't know if it worked or not but so far I am COVID free ... I think.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Not therapeutics!

Actual treatments. Actual preventatives.

Vitamin D3 may prevent Covid. Vitamin D is known to reduce the severity (not just symptoms but actual disease and most Americans and Europeans are V D deficient.

ivermectin may be a cure.

Hydroxycloriqin, if used EARLY, may be a cure or may reduce the severity or is at least an effective treatment and may be a preventative in low doses. If used late and in high doses actually makes things worse.
I agree with that also,Vitamin D deficiency can cause all kinds of problems. An industrial store I shop at, the sales man there suddenly became wheelchair bound with the diagnosis of MS. 3 months later is walking around. He told me in the end it was a vitamin D deficiency. So yes anything that can be done to treat it both before and after getting it. Because its never going away completely.

Last edited:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I can't guarantee the accuracy of this picture but I came across this on Facebook. The post claimed that this was the result of getting the vaccination.
FB_IMG_1612453004519.jpg

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I can't guarantee the accuracy of this picture but I came across this on Facebook. The post claimed that this was the result of getting the vaccination.

Just my opinion but it seems unlikely. There in, what appears to be, an IV bruise at the inside of the elbow joint. The vaccine is a simple shot in the muscle at the shoulder.

======================================================

We have 2 new highly contagious variants but we also have declines in cases and those cannot be explained by the vaccinations.

Why ARE COVID cases plummeting? New infections have fallen 45% in the US and 30% globally in the past 3 weeks but experts say vaccine is NOT the main driver because only 8% of Americans and 13% people worldwide have received their first dose​

• Daily cases have dropped 45 percent since the latest peak on January 11, according to data from the COVID-19 Tracking Project . There were 131,341 new cases reported on Wednesday
  • The decline appears to be a global phenomenon, with new infections falling worldwide for the past three weeks in a row, the World Health Organization said Monday
  • Hospitalizations have fallen a whopping 26 percent since they peaked most recently on January 12
  • Currently, 44 states are seeing a decline in cases with just Alabama, Louisiana, Montana, New Jersey, Oklahoma and Pennsylvania trending upward, according to Johns Hopkins data
  • California's 21,451 new confirmed cases on Tuesday are about one-third the mid-December peak of 54,000
  • New York recorded 8,215 new infections on Tuesday, down from the record-high of 19,942 new cases reported on January 15
  • Health experts say it is too soon for vaccines to be playing a major role in the decline with just 8% of the population having received the first shot and fewer than 2% being fully immunized
  • Officials say the drop is likely due to a higher number of people who've had the virus than official counts suggest, as many as 90 million people, and fewer people traveling than did over the winter holidays

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I agree with Bob, that is not the COVID injection site.

As far as plummeting case numbers go, it is something that I have noticed in our county as well. It peaked at 400 cases a week in the first part of January. It then fell to 200 cases a week and is now down to about 100 new cases a week and heading lower. I have no real explanation for it.

I do find it ironic though that almost a year ago we were panicking when we had 5 reported cases a week. I think that most people have figured out that COVID isn't the death sentence that it was purported to be in the beginning. Sure, it is dangerous to us older people with underlying conditions but younger, healthy people are at much less of a risk from it. We have also become much better at treating it.

Also me, having become much more cynical, have noticed that the same "doom and gloomers" are still out there preaching death and destruction, "don't do this, don't do that, avoid this at all costs, you must follow all guidelines". These people, when and if the pandemic ends, will return to insignificance and it can't be soon enough for me. I'm tired of seeing Dr Faucci on television every single day being interviewed on 4 different channels giving sometimes contradictory statements. Enough already.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
So this is the part of Covid that worries me more than death. Death rates are something around 0.5%, perhaps lower overall. Perhaps right there for people aged 60+. But this long term illness is to me a living near-death sentence.

Full story at the link ==> https://khn.org/news/article/long-haul-covid-cases-cast-new-light-on-chronic-fatigue-sufferers/

Long-Haul Covid Cases Cast New Light on Chronic Fatigue Sufferers

Kevin CoolFebruary 2, 2021
jennifer_minhas.jpg

"Long hauler" Jennifer Minhas found that once her fever and cough subsided after she got covid-19 last March, new symptoms emerged: chest pain, elevated heart rate and fatigue. "I was kind of a zombie for months," she says. (Jennifer Minhas)
Four weeks after San Diego pediatric nurse Jennifer Minhas fell ill with covid-19 last March, her cough and fever had resolved, but new symptoms had emerged: chest pain, an elevated heart rate and crushing fatigue. Her primary care physician told her she was just anxious, and that none of her other covid patients had those issues. “That wasn’t what I needed to hear,” Minhas said.

At times, she’s been too exhausted to hold up her head. “I was kind of a zombie for months, shuffling around unable to do much of anything.”

The clinical term for the flattening fatigue Minhas describes is “post-exertional malaise.” It is a common symptom among patients who have not recovered from covid. It is also consistent with a standard feature of another chronic illness: myalgic encephalomyelitis, also known as chronic fatigue syndrome, or ME/CFS.

ME/CFS patients also report cognitive impairment — “brain fog” — and orthostatic intolerance, in which standing upright produces a racing heart rate and lightheadedness. Minhas has experienced these symptoms, as have many other “long haulers,” the tens of thousands of post-covid patients who haven’t recovered.

The percentage of covid patients who become long haulers is hard to pin down — in part because many early covid patients were not tested in time to detect the virus. But “long covid” is potentially an enormous problem. A recent study of 1,733 covid patients in Wuhan, China, found three-quarters of them still had symptoms six months after being released from the hospital.

As of January, doctors had documented more than 21 million cases of covid in the United States. “If just 5 percent develop lingering symptoms . . . ’’

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
We have 2 new highly contagious variants but we also have declines in cases and those cannot be explained by the vaccinations.
It's because Biden is the president and they aren't falsifying the numbers to make Trump look bad. They are now falsifying the numbers to make Biden look good. Just like how the news in Portland is no longer covering Antifa but is now starting to ramp up stories on a new "gun crime epidemic".

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Out of Canada ...

ICU Nurse Whistleblower: Hospitals Running Below Capacity, Performing “Pandemic Theatre”

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
More news of Covid cases going down.

Perhaps different states are getting different news, but here in Indiana we have been getting positive and optimistic news about the whole Covid situation. At least that’s my take on it.

My sister in London is getting ‘doom and gloom’ news.

Chicago news is reporting mixed bad and good. Seems like the Doctor/Experts interviewed are more doom/gloom but the hospitalization rates are declining and restaurants are opening.

See the LINK for the full story:

Even 'Scientist' Models Now Forecast The COVID Scourge Ending By The Summer​

The covid pandemic was front and center today in economic news, when its impact was felt throughout the January payrolls report (if not to the same extent as December payrolls), whose disappointing +49k reading could be easily explained by continued job losses in the Leisure & Hospitality sector due to COVID-19 outbreaks and associated lockdown measures and restrictions.

However, as BofA's Hans Mikkelsen writes, "given that the US COVID-19 situation is improving rapidly – for example the number of people hospitalized is down one-third over the past month – and restrictions are lifted in many large states like California, it is straightforward to expect much stronger payrolls going forward."

Indeed, the latest Covid data shows that absent any major shocks - such as a mutant strain that is fully immune to any existing vaccines - the pandemic should be a thing of the past relatively soon. STORY CONTINUES at the link.

Reactions: Doc

Ceee

Site Supporter

"Dallas County is reporting 1,019 new COVID-19 cases Sunday along with 11 more reported deaths from the virus.

The number of new daily cases in Dallas County has trended downward for roughly three weeks, from a seven-day average of 2,690 on Jan. 13 to 1,262 Sunday.

While the cases have trended down, the number of fatalities has remained high. Dallas County Health and Human Services reported 228 deaths last week -- the deadliest week of the pandemic."

Some parts of Tx are still not looking so great.

• Sad

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
For your reading pleasure I present this article from FOX News.

There is a reason Iran, once a modern nation, is now a 3rd world country.

Iranian cleric claims COVID-19 vaccine turns people into ‘homosexuals’

The ayatollah cautioned his citizens to avoid any who received the vaccine

8 hours ago

A cleric in the Iranian regime told his followers that the COVID-19 vaccination turns people into "homosexuals," which is punishable by death in Iran.

Ayatollah Abbas Tabrizian made the outrageous claims Tuesday on the social media platform Telegram, according to the Jerusalem Post.

"Don’t go near those who have had the COVID vaccine," the radical Islamist wrote to his nearly 210,000 followers. "They have become homosexuals."

Tabrizian, who lives in the religious capital of Qom and whose followers refer to him as ayatollah, has a history of promoting bigotry and false information about Western medicine.

Last year, the totalitarian burned "Harrison’s Manual of Medicine" in a videotaped ceremony, claiming that "Islamic medicine" had made such books "irrelevant," according to Radio Farda, a Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty broadcast service.

"Like other clerics in the regime, also Tabrizian relates all the shortages [shortcomings] to sexuality," Iranian dissident Sheina Vojoudi told the Jerusalem Post.

. . .

And the link to the above story can be found here just in case you need to read the FULL article: https://www.foxnews.com/world/iranian-cleric-claims-covid-19-vaccine-turns-people-into-homosexuals

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Seems like there is some scary news out there with the possibility of these new variants that spread faster BUT IT ALSO SEEMS LIKE THERE IS A LOT OF GOOD NEWS out there coming from the states.

Cases are dropping in almost every state. And in many countries.

Deaths are also dropping.

Treatments are advancing.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I hope that you're right Bob. I've watched the new case numbers in our small County drop from 400 a week to 200 a week to 100 a week and keep on heading south. I can't really explain it. I haven't seen any change in people's behavior that would explain it. It's far too soon for the vaccine shots to be having that kind of effect. The cynic in me is suspicious though.