• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Corona Virus spreading ... US official says no need to worry

Ceee

Site Supporter
And while Bank of America’s analysts focus on bad news, the number crunchers at Goldman-Sachs may have hit the truth on the head about hospitalization rates in the US

US COVID Hospitalizations Post First Drop In Months...But BofA Has Some Bad News​

Just a couple of weeks ago, while Joe Biden and Dr. Fauci were warning about a "long dark winter" ahead and encouraging local leaders in the US (along with their colleagues in the EU) to prepare for the worst to come,the COVID-19 situation internationally was looking pretty bleak.​
But as more Americans and Europeans grow increasingly skeptical of the official narrative, with many - including front-line hospital workers - declining to receive the vaccine, the most recent wave of cases and hospitalizations has packed hospitals across the country, which are desperate for a reprieve. Some 130K Covid patients are being cared for currently. Meanwhile, the country posted 213,885 cases on Tuesday, pushing the seven-day average to 246,133, Covid Tracking Project data show.​
Across the US, at least 380,825 people have died, according to Johns Hopkins University data.​
However, the number of hospitalized COVID-19 patients was roughly flat in the US this week, and likely will begin declining for the first time since September as the world heads into mid-January, despite all those warnings about the worst months lying ahead, along with the flurry of new mutated strains that purportedly infect people more quickly.​
This shift has got thousands of professionals wondering: has the outbreak finally peaked?
The numbers are now dropping compared with a week earlier in both the Northeast and Midwest, according to the Covid Tracking Project.​
In the West, they were up 0.8%, the least since Oct. 1 on a percentage basis. The South has the most alarming momentum, with an increase of 4.2% from seven days earlier.
Deaths and cases appear to finally be rolling over, but BofA is less optimistic:

But while analysts at BofA are preoccupied with the new mutant hyperinfectious strains, a team at Goldman Sachs recently explained why hospitalizations and deaths will likely decline in the US and Europe in the coming weeks and months.
As it turns out, vaccinating long-term care facility patients first has effectively taken many of the most high-risk individuals out of harm's way.
From your link:

"This shift has got thousands of professionals wondering: has the outbreak finally peaked?
And if so, how come officials are insisting that humans, even those who have received both doses of the vaccine, continue to social distance and wear masks?"

"Thousands of professionals wondering," says to me that they're not quite sure yet. I certainly get why they're still insisting that people continue to wear masks and social distance. This seems like a pick-your-poison situation to me. Do you want to go the safer route and require masks and social distancing, or do you want to take a chance and go the ol' go back to normal thing.

Although I hated it at first, I really don't mind wearing a mask now. I choose safe better than sorry.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Although I hated it at first, I really don't mind wearing a mask now. I choose safe better than sorry.
Problem is I do not believe most masks work.

n95 masks probably work well and protect both the wearer and others

Clean. New. Surgical masks probably work well at protecting others, probably do something for protecting the wearer.

Fabric masks might offer a little protection for others. No protection for wearer.

Fabric masks that have an n95 filter pocket will probably be about as protective as a surgical mask. They offer no seal like a true n95 so far less protection for the wearer. But certainly will protect others.

All of this depends on mask hygiene. Studies show that reused surgical masks (after several hours of use) might offer as much protection as nothing at all. A mask taken on and off many times is probably useless too because it’s been typically touched inside and out by germ filled hands.

There are many variables and most people simply think a mask is a magic barrier. Without proper mask hygiene and handling they seem pretty pointless.

Ceee

Site Supporter
Problem is I do not believe most masks work.

n95 masks probably work well and protect both the wearer and others

Clean. New. Surgical masks probably work well at protecting others, probably do something for protecting the wearer.

Fabric masks might offer a little protection for others. No protection for wearer.

Fabric masks that have an n95 filter pocket will probably be about as protective as a surgical mask. They offer no seal like a true n95 so far less protection for the wearer. But certainly will protect others.

All of this depends on mask hygiene. Studies show that reused surgical masks (after several hours of use) might offer as much protection as nothing at all. A mask taken on and off many times is probably useless too because it’s been typically touched inside and out by germ filled hands.

There are many variables and most people simply think a mask is a magic barrier. Without proper mask hygiene and handling they seem pretty pointless.
At the beginning of all this, they were asking that you didn't buy any of the n95 masks so that the medical professionals could get them. I see that they're available now for the everyday person, so I just bought some. I've been wearing the fabric masks and rotating. Thanks for the input.

Ceee

Site Supporter
Texas has been hit hard, and things seem to be worsening. One area has only 3 ICU beds left.
I saw this morning that we're the first state to issue 1 million vaccines.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
At the beginning of all this, they were asking that you didn't buy any of the n95 masks so that the medical professionals could get them. I see that they're available now for the everyday person, so I just bought some. I've been wearing the fabric masks and rotating. Thanks for the input.
I was fortunate that I had my own supply of N95 masks.

The CDC and Dr Fauci were very inconsistent in what they told the public, about masks, which was unfortunate. They could have used that time to educate but they all failed. Instead they lied, and they misled, and they told people to make 3 layer masks out of cotton, which are pretty much worthless. All sorts of bad masks are out there and the meta-data on disease spread clearly shows that masks are ineffective, but that same data basically shows people don't understand how to use a mask so is it the fault of the mask? I don't think so when you consider that in hospitals (here they use a surgical mask + an n95 mask) the workers are not infected at a higher rate than in the general public so cleary something works.

While not a Trump supporter I give him a lot of credit for allowing companies like 3M, which produces tens of millions of N95 masks for the construction industry (same mask, but not certified for medical use) to send those identical construction masks to the medical industry. The FDC initially would not agree but Trump pushed that through. He did a lot of things like that and deserves the credit for getting the supplies out to the people who needed them.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Just a side note, I just got back from a walk out to the mailbox. Yes, I know, it was delivered hours ago but I never picked it up.

I put 2 n95 masks in my mailbox for my neighbor to pick up, his wife had cancer, is still under doctor's observation and he doesn't have nay n95 masks. While I was putting the masks in my mailbox for him to pick up (he passes my driveway early every morning) I picked up may mail.

Inside my mailbox was a shipping envelope from Notre Dame. They sent me a "ND" logo mask, the same type the students get. Its just a couple layers of cloth. Sure it will catch some of my spittle, the bigger droplets anyway, but there is no filter pocket, I consider it a "fashion mask" or a "propaganda mask" and certainly not something that I'd expect to use if I was in the medical profession.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
NR, thank you for pointing put some of the idiocy associated with with these COVID restrictions. They wouldn't make sense to a half wit but that still seems to be way above the intellectual level of a politician.

Bob, like you, when this thing started I had a bunch of N-95 masks out in the shop. I still have a lot because I don't go into town and be around people very often. So, at the very most, I wear one for an hour at a time. When I come home I hang it up outside in the fresh air and the sunshine for a week and then reuse it until I get about 8 hours on it and then I discard it. My wife can't wear N-95s because she can't breathe in them. She got several "fashion" masks with replaceable filters and that's what she has been wearing for the past several months. When I do go into town I'm shocked at the number of people who don't wear masks at all but I'm amazed at the number and types of masks that are being worn that can't possibly provide any protection to the wearer or anybody around them.

This thing will play out however it plays out. We won't be letting our guard down until we both get our vaccine shots which doesn't look to be happening any time soon, perhaps two or three months.

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
I still ask if this occurred in '19 or '21 would the effects still be the same with neither being an election year.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
. . . but I'm amazed at the number and types of masks that are being worn that can't possibly provide any protection to the wearer or anybody around them....
Yup. Exactly this.

I get why the meta data shows masks as ineffective. I understand why people say they don’t work. It’s because there are people who put the equivalent of a screen door on their face and venture out into crowds.

They don’t wash their masks. They leave them laying around. Etc

Ceee

Site Supporter
NR, thank you for pointing put some of the idiocy associated with with these COVID restrictions. They wouldn't make sense to a half wit but that still seems to be way above the intellectual level of a politician.

Bob, like you, when this thing started I had a bunch of N-95 masks out in the shop. I still have a lot because I don't go into town and be around people very often. So, at the very most, I wear one for an hour at a time. When I come home I hang it up outside in the fresh air and the sunshine for a week and then reuse it until I get about 8 hours on it and then I discard it. My wife can't wear N-95s because she can't breathe in them. She got several "fashion" masks with replaceable filters and that's what she has been wearing for the past several months. When I do go into town I'm shocked at the number of people who don't wear masks at all but I'm amazed at the number and types of masks that are being worn that can't possibly provide any protection to the wearer or anybody around them.

This thing will play out however it plays out. We won't be letting our guard down until we both get our vaccine shots which doesn't look to be happening any time soon, perhaps two or three months.
You probably already know this, but I thought it was worth mentioning just in case.

Who can get the vaccine in Phase 1B?​

According to the DSHS, Texans in Phase 1B may begin receiving the COVID-19 vaccine immediately. Phase 1B includes:
  • People 65 years old and older
  • People 16 years old and older with at least one chronic medical condition that puts them at increased risk for severe illness from the coronavirus, including but not limited to:
    • Cancer
    • Chronic kidney disease
    • COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease)
    • Heart conditions, such as heart failure, coronary artery disease or cardiomyopathies
    • Solid organ transplantation
    • Obesity and severe obesity (body mass index of 30 kg/m2 or higher)
    • Pregnancy
    • Sickle cell disease
    • Type 2 diabetes mellitus

Ceee

Site Supporter
I heard something interesting on the news. This is kind of fluff info, no professional info or link, just something I heard. There was dr on there who works in a college town and said that they're using what they call their Hangover Remedy for some people who are experiencing fatigue, tension headaches, and muscle pains and aches after having had covid. He said they're using an iv to infuse a concoction (my word, not his) of vitamins, electrolytes, etc. He emphasized that it is not a cure but does seem to temporarily relieve some of the long term symptoms that some people have been experiencing.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Ceee, the phrase that is notable in the video is, "By appointment only". Try getting an appointment! We've been trying for weeks because they are not making any more appointments or allowing any more registrations. One of our local pharmacies is giving vaccine shots at the rate of approximately 10 a day. They are fitting appointments in between their usual pharmacy work. There are over 40K people in our rural county. How long will that take? BTW they have also closed registrations.

The video is very encouraging but the reality is not.

Ceee

Site Supporter
Ceee, the phrase that is notable in the video is, "By appointment only". Try getting an appointment! We've been trying for weeks because they are not making any more appointments or allowing any more registrations. One of our local pharmacies is giving vaccine shots at the rate of approximately 10 a day. They are fitting appointments in between their usual pharmacy work. There are over 40K people in our rural county. How long will that take? BTW they have also closed registrations.

The video is very encouraging but the reality is not.
Yep, I saw a woman in Houston on the news this morning who asked...What's the use of getting an appointment when you still have to wait in line for 4 hours? Her site must have been a drive-thru place and the video footage showed cars wound around in a very long line.

I'm not eligible quite yet, but it won't be long and I'll be hawking all the places giving the vaccine.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Good for you, PG. My area is still pretty pitiful.
Yea, so is mine and it is still impossible to get an appointment for the shots

With me being so isolated up on my little hill, I didn't even know that another of my long time neighbors died last week. Larry was 84, I think, and still actively run cows and cut hay. That makes two good neighbors that I've lost in just over a year. Both of them were here long before I arrived and I've been here over 20-years.

It seems that he had a big family gathering at Thanksgiving. Both he and his brother came down with COVID within two weeks and have been fighting it ever since. He and his brother died within 8 days of one another.

I hate this F**king COVID.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Yea, so is mine and it is still impossible to get an appointment for the shots

With me being so isolated up on my little hill, I didn't even know that another of my long time neighbors died last week. Larry was 84, I think, and still actively run cows and cut hay. That makes two good neighbors that I've lost in just over a year. Both of them were here long before I arrived and I've been here over 20-years.

It seems that he had a big family gathering at Thanksgiving. Both he and his brother came down with COVID within two weeks and have been fighting it ever since. He and his brother died within 8 days of one another. Talk about a devastated family.

I hate this F**king COVID.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I've seen a few more reports, I won't bore you by posting several, they all say pretty similar things. Here is a story that summarizes everything pretty well. Basically the LONG TERM ISSUES are now being recognized as bigger issues than previously thought.

One in eight recovered COVID patients die from illness complications within 5 months: UK study

By Yaron Steinbuch
Almost a third of recovered COVID-19 patients in a UK study ended up back in the hospital within five months — and up to one in eight died of complications from the illness, according to a report.

Researchers at the UK’s Leicester University and the Office for National Statistics found that out of 47,780 people discharged from the hospital, 29.4 percent were readmitted within 140 days, the Telegraph reported.

Of the total, 12.3 percent ended up dying, it added.

Respiratory disease was diagnosed in 14,140 of the COVID cases after discharge, with 6,085 of the diagnoses in patients who had no history of respiratory conditions.

The mean age of study participants was 65 years.

Many people who suffer long-lasting effects of the coronavirus develop heart problems, diabetes and chronic liver and kidney conditions, according to the report.

The research also found a higher risk of problems developing in various organs after people younger than 70 and ethnic minorities were discharged from the hospital, according to the Guardian.

“People seem to be going home, getting long-term effects, coming back in and dying. We see nearly 30 percent have been readmitted, and that’s a lot of people. The numbers are so large,” study author Kamlesh Khunti said.

“The message here is we really need to prepare for long COVID. It’s a mammoth task to follow up with these patients and the NHS is really pushed at the moment, but some sort of monitoring needs to be arranged,” added Khunti, a professor of primary care diabetes and vascular medicine at Leicester University.

The study — which Khunti described as the largest of people discharged from a hospital after being admitted with COVID-19 — found that survivors were nearly 3½ times more likely to be readmitted, and die, in 140 days than other outpatients.

Khunti said the researchers were surprised that many people were readmitted with a new diagnosis, adding that it was important to make sure people were placed on protective therapies, including statins and aspirin.

“We don’t know if it’s because COVID destroyed the beta cells which make insulin and you get Type 1 diabetes, or whether it causes insulin resistance, and you develop Type 2, but we are seeing these surprising new diagnoses of diabetes,” he said.

“We’ve seen studies where survivors have had MRS scans and they’ve cardiac problems and liver problems,” Khunti added. “These people urgently require follow-up and the need to be on things like aspirin and statins.”

Dr. Charlotte Summers, a lecturer in intensive care medicine at the University of Cambridge who was not involved in this study. told the Guardian: “There’s been so much talk about all these people dying from COVID … but death is not the only outcome that matters.

“The idea that we have that level of increased risk in people … particularly young people, it means we’ve got a lot of work to do,” she added.​

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
I've seen a few more reports, I won't bore you by posting several, they all say pretty similar things. Here is a story that summarizes everything pretty well. Basically the LONG TERM ISSUES are now being recognized as bigger issues than previously thought.

One in eight recovered COVID patients die from illness complications within 5 months: UK study

Almost a third of recovered COVID-19 patients in a UK study ended up back in the hospital within five months — and up to one in eight died of complications from the illness, according to a report.​
Researchers at the UK’s Leicester University and the Office for National Statistics found that out of 47,780 people discharged from the hospital, 29.4 percent were readmitted within 140 days, the Telegraph reported.​
Of the total, 12.3 percent ended up dying, it added.​
Respiratory disease was diagnosed in 14,140 of the COVID cases after discharge, with 6,085 of the diagnoses in patients who had no history of respiratory conditions.​
The mean age of study participants was 65 years.
Many people who suffer long-lasting effects of the coronavirus develop heart problems, diabetes and chronic liver and kidney conditions, according to the report.​
The research also found a higher risk of problems developing in various organs after people younger than 70 and ethnic minorities were discharged from the hospital, according to the Guardian.​
“People seem to be going home, getting long-term effects, coming back in and dying. We see nearly 30 percent have been readmitted, and that’s a lot of people. The numbers are so large,” study author Kamlesh Khunti said.​
“The message here is we really need to prepare for long COVID. It’s a mammoth task to follow up with these patients and the NHS is really pushed at the moment, but some sort of monitoring needs to be arranged,” added Khunti, a professor of primary care diabetes and vascular medicine at Leicester University.​
The study — which Khunti described as the largest of people discharged from a hospital after being admitted with COVID-19 — found that survivors were nearly 3½ times more likely to be readmitted, and die, in 140 days than other outpatients.​
Khunti said the researchers were surprised that many people were readmitted with a new diagnosis, adding that it was important to make sure people were placed on protective therapies, including statins and aspirin.​
“We don’t know if it’s because COVID destroyed the beta cells which make insulin and you get Type 1 diabetes, or whether it causes insulin resistance, and you develop Type 2, but we are seeing these surprising new diagnoses of diabetes,” he said.​
“We’ve seen studies where survivors have had MRS scans and they’ve cardiac problems and liver problems,” Khunti added. “These people urgently require follow-up and the need to be on things like aspirin and statins.”​
Dr. Charlotte Summers, a lecturer in intensive care medicine at the University of Cambridge who was not involved in this study. told the Guardian: “There’s been so much talk about all these people dying from COVID … but death is not the only outcome that matters.​
“The idea that we have that level of increased risk in people … particularly young people, it means we’ve got a lot of work to do,” she added.​
So I wonder what that means as far as a vaccine is concerned?

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Bob, I can believe everything said in your post. I mentioned before on here that a guy I know, who owns a HVAC company in our little town, had caught COVID and was having a really hard time with it. he's in his late 40s. I saw him after he was discharged from hospital and he looked like crap. I saw him again last week and he still looked like crap. He said that he still couldn't breathe. He's been for chest X-rays and an MRI and the doctor said that his lungs looked as if he had smoked two packs a day for his whole life. He's never smoked one cigarette in his entire life. There's a lot to this COVID that we still don't know or understand.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm not sure what this post is trying to point out?

Is it that the deaths are primarily older people?

If so I think that is well established. In my state (Indiana) the vaccine roll out is phased in by age. Those over 80 first. Now it's those over 70. The website shows that registration for those over 60 will be available to receive the vaccine come soon (maybe 1-2 weeks?). Age is a clear risk factor and we know the vast majority of deaths to Covid and complications arisen due to Covid are in the over 65 year old age population.

What we are seeing now, particularly with the new mutations, is that the Covid complications and hospitalizations are now affecting younger people. In fact younger people are now making up larger % of the people being hospitalized for Covid.

One would have to wonder if a retrospective study, like the one above from Cambridge, done a year from today, would show results that are skewed lower in age, which might be logical, based on the younger ages being hospitalized due to the mutated strains of Covid. We all know that death is actually a lagging indicator, trailing hospitalizations by nearly a month on average. Just like hospitalizations are a lagging indicator, trailing infections by approximately 2 weeks.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Simple plain speak. Refreshing to hear.

I do believe the data he is using on mask is incomplete. Using metadata shows his analysis correct, but, as we have discussed here, there are many factors with masks and mask usage. Some masks actually work, some are simply face coverings that comply with laws. Education on mask type, qualify and effectiveness is non-existent as is there an absolute lack of mask handing education.

That said many of us have pointed out that it is silly to forbid shopping at the locally owned-independent stores while allowing congregation in the national super stores like WalMart to persist.

Why Hardly Anyone Trusts The Virus Experts​

by John Rubino ◆ January 17, 2021 7 Comments
Early in the pandemic, “trust the science!” could actually be used in a debate without attracting derisive laughter. But as the flip-flops, mistakes and, yes, lies have accumulated, a consensus seems to be forming that the health care authorities are no more trustworthy than the people running Congress or the Fed.

For proof, let’s start with vitamin D, which sure seems to lessen the severity of coronavirus infections. As the chart below illustrates (couldn’t find the source, but google “covid vitamin D” and you’ll find lots of studies that track with this data), people with higher levels of vitamin D in their bloodstream tend to experience covid-19 as a non-event while people low levels found the infection life-threatening.

vitamin D covid virus experts

There are obvious questions about causality here, so calling vitamin D a “cure” is going way too far. But if it has even a marginal effect – and the data suggest considerably more — a rational government would, you’d think, be handing out vitamin D like Halloween candy. In fact, since we’re mandating/prohibiting all kinds of other behaviors, we might expect vitamin D consumption to be required along with masks and social distancing.

Even covid-czar Anthony Fauci recently said: “If you are deficient in vitamin D, that does have an impact on your susceptibility to infection. So I would not mind recommending — and I do it myself — taking vitamin D supplements.”

So why aren’t family-sized bottles of vitamin D arriving in the mail from the CDC? A cynic might wonder if the fact that Big Pharma doesn’t make much money from cheap, widely available supplements plays a role in the government’s apparent lack of interest.

Now about those lockdowns. Tom Woods has been producing charts that appear to show virtually no difference in virus outcomes between US states with aggressive lockdown policies and those without. California, for instance, has shuttered most of its small businesses and imposed widespread curfews, while Florida hasn’t. Here’s the result:

covid Florida California virus experts

As for the rest of the world – where they’re supposedly doing better than the US – the pattern of zero correlation between lockdowns and virus spread seems to be holding. France imposed a full national lockdown in March – after which the virus spiked. Then they added mask mandates (indoor and outdoor), with fines attached. And daily new cases soared.

France covid virus experts

Then of course there’s the lying. Dr. Fauci first claimed that masks don’t help – when he believed they did help — because he feared mask shortages for health care workers. He also admits to changing the official line on herd immunity according to what he thinks we’re ready to hear.

And, in what sounds more like incompetence than dishonesty, he’s apparently been answering the question “when will life go back to normal?” with whatever pops into his head at the time. In early 2020, it was the coming Autumn. In July, it was “a year or so.” More recently it’s “well into 2021.”

But the biggest and by far the most outrageous reason for this growing mistrust has to be the World Health Organization which, well, read for yourself:

WHO official urges world leaders to stop using lockdowns as primary virus control method

The World Health Organization’s special envoy on COVID-19 urged world leaders this week to stop “using lockdowns as your primary control method.”
“We in the World Health Organization do not advocate lockdowns as the primary means of control of this virus,” Dr. David Nabarro said to The Spectator’s Andrew Neil. “The only time we believe a lockdown is justified is to buy you time to reorganize, regroup, rebalance your resources, protect your health workers who are exhausted, but by and large, we’d rather not do it.”
Nabarro went on to point out several of the negative consequences lockdowns have caused across the world, including devastating tourism industries and increased hunger and poverty.
“Just look at what’s happened to the tourism industry in the Caribbean, for example, or in the Pacific because people aren’t taking their holidays,” he said. “Look what’s happened to smallholder farmers all over the world. … Look what’s happening to poverty levels. It seems that we may well have a doubling of world poverty by next year. We may well have at least a doubling of child malnutrition.”
In the United States, lockdowns have been tied to increased thoughts of suicide from children, a surge in drug overdoses, an uptick in domestic violence, and a study conducted in May concluded that stress and anxiety from lockdowns could destroy seven times the years of life that lockdowns potentially save.
The health care establishment could have saved a lot of time — and embarrassment — by just asking regular people about this stuff. But then they would have made a lot less money.

Ceee

Site Supporter
Simple plain speak. Refreshing to hear.

I do believe the data he is using on mask is incomplete. Using metadata shows his analysis correct, but, as we have discussed here, there are many factors with masks and mask usage. Some masks actually work, some are simply face coverings that comply with laws. Education on mask type, qualify and effectiveness is non-existent as is there an absolute lack of mask handing education.

That said many of us have pointed out that it is silly to forbid shopping at the locally owned-independent stores while allowing congregation in the national super stores like WalMart to persist.

Why Hardly Anyone Trusts The Virus Experts​

by John Rubino ◆ January 17, 2021 7 Comments
Early in the pandemic, “trust the science!” could actually be used in a debate without attracting derisive laughter. But as the flip-flops, mistakes and, yes, lies have accumulated, a consensus seems to be forming that the health care authorities are no more trustworthy than the people running Congress or the Fed.​
For proof, let’s start with vitamin D, which sure seems to lessen the severity of coronavirus infections. As the chart below illustrates (couldn’t find the source, but google “covid vitamin D” and you’ll find lots of studies that track with this data), people with higher levels of vitamin D in their bloodstream tend to experience covid-19 as a non-event while people low levels found the infection life-threatening.​
vitamin D covid virus experts
There are obvious questions about causality here, so calling vitamin D a “cure” is going way too far. But if it has even a marginal effect – and the data suggest considerably more — a rational government would, you’d think, be handing out vitamin D like Halloween candy. In fact, since we’re mandating/prohibiting all kinds of other behaviors, we might expect vitamin D consumption to be required along with masks and social distancing.​
Even covid-czar Anthony Fauci recently said: “If you are deficient in vitamin D, that does have an impact on your susceptibility to infection. So I would not mind recommending — and I do it myself — taking vitamin D supplements.”​
So why aren’t family-sized bottles of vitamin D arriving in the mail from the CDC? A cynic might wonder if the fact that Big Pharma doesn’t make much money from cheap, widely available supplements plays a role in the government’s apparent lack of interest.
Now about those lockdowns. Tom Woods has been producing charts that appear to show virtually no difference in virus outcomes between US states with aggressive lockdown policies and those without. California, for instance, has shuttered most of its small businesses and imposed widespread curfews, while Florida hasn’t. Here’s the result:​
covid Florida California virus experts
As for the rest of the world – where they’re supposedly doing better than the US – the pattern of zero correlation between lockdowns and virus spread seems to be holding. France imposed a full national lockdown in March – after which the virus spiked. Then they added mask mandates (indoor and outdoor), with fines attached. And daily new cases soared.​
France covid virus experts
Then of course there’s the lying. Dr. Fauci first claimed that masks don’t help – when he believed they did help — because he feared mask shortages for health care workers. He also admits to changing the official line on herd immunity according to what he thinks we’re ready to hear.​
And, in what sounds more like incompetence than dishonesty, he’s apparently been answering the question “when will life go back to normal?” with whatever pops into his head at the time. In early 2020, it was the coming Autumn. In July, it was “a year or so.” More recently it’s “well into 2021.”​
But the biggest and by far the most outrageous reason for this growing mistrust has to be the World Health Organization which, well, read for yourself:​
The health care establishment could have saved a lot of time — and embarrassment — by just asking regular people about this stuff. But then they would have made a lot less money.​
"Then of course there’s the lying. Dr. Fauci first claimed that masks don’t help – when he believed they did help — because he feared mask shortages for health care workers. He also admits to changing the official line on herd immunity according to what he thinks we’re ready to hear.

And, in what sounds more like incompetence than dishonesty, he’s apparently been answering the question “when will life go back to normal?” with whatever pops into his head at the time. In early 2020, it was the coming Autumn. In July, it was “a year or so.” More recently it’s “well into 2021.”
-------

I don't want this comment to get all political. Fauci is pretty much a goner. I'm hoping this new woman will tell it like it is. I'd much rather just hear the truth, face it, and deal with it than for someone to try and sugarcoat it so as not to scare people. I'm still going to wear a mask when I go out.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
We've had 3 more deaths since yesterday but overall numbers are down. Two of the deaths occurred at the same nursing home where there was an outbreak in November. So far, they've had 25 deaths in a 158 bed facility.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
I'm not sure what this post is trying to point out?

Is it that the deaths are primarily older people?
Old people and people with comorbidities. We need to be realistic about these statistics and the fear mongering that is being used to advanced political agendas.

But in two or so days, it will all be roses, unicorns, and rainbows. Miraculously, we will quickly stop hearing about Covid and the news will be littered with reports of gun violence and how we need to round up all you evil domestic terrorists.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Old people and people with comorbidities. We need to be realistic about these statistics and the fear mongering that is being used to advanced political agendas.
You will notice I rarely talk about DEATHS because I do believe that the media is hyping deaths.

Most of my focus has been on the stress to the overall healthcare system and the complications that seem to be unreported/under reported. I've tried to do a fair bit of posting on alternate treatments too.

I do that because I think those are not political issues.

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
For proof, let’s start with vitamin D, which sure seems to lessen the severity of coronavirus infections. As the chart below illustrates (couldn’t find the source, but google “covid vitamin D” and you’ll find lots of studies that track with this data), people with higher levels of vitamin D in their bloodstream tend to experience covid-19 as a non-event while people low levels found the infection life-threatening.​
I have a friend who is an orthopedic surgeon. She swears by vitamin D for this and a lot of other things.