• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Constitutionalist vs Unconstitutionalist

S-noWonder

Constitutionalist vs Unconstitutionalist

I recently read where President Trump donated $400,000 to repair a veteran’s memorial. I had posted a meme about it on Facebook. And in no time a friend posted, “why didn’t he use it to feed the hungry or help the homeless, why was it wasted there?” My reply was that it seems like nothing he does is good enough and that those that died in service should be honored.
This got me thinking of why he didn’t choose another avenue to donate this money. The answer came to me clearly. It doesn’t matter what he does, or who he helps. If he helps the homeless veterans he doesn’t care about the water problem in Flint. It doesn’t matter what he does, because there is always someone that feels strongly about something that happened to their brother, to them, to a neighbor down the street that he could have helped. These Unconstitutionalist’s can’t see the bigger picture.
They screamed when children were taken from their parents at the border. The news had pictures of children crying, one little girl was still with her parents, but her pitiful plea shook the hearts of many. The media played it up as the administration being heartless uncaring people. What the media didn’t tell you, and even after it was proven true, they still didn’t make a big deal about it, is that some of those children weren’t with their parents because they had been kidnapped, to help adults get across the border. The percentage was low, but how can you find the ones that should go home to their parents among all those people. In this country if an adult breaks the law, they are separated from their children. So why should people who enter the country illegally be treated differently? Yet the unconstitutionalists screamed, cried and threatened because they didn’t see the big picture. As soon as something else came up, they abandoned that fight to go to another. Their whole goal is to fight anything the current administration does no matter what. They don’t do their homework, they never give the benefit of the doubt. The instantly assume blame to the horrible people running the country.
The obvious difference between the constitutionalist and the unconstitutionalist is who respects and wants to follow the rules our founding fathers set in place that made this country the greatest country in the world. The further we get from following that document the more rapidly we see our country decay.
During the Obama era the president pretty much crapped on the constitution. Making up laws, tearing peoples apart, creating impossible situation for the American people to survive. He was apologizing for our country, our standards to others. He didn’t respect the Document nor what it stood for. The people were given free rein. Got a student loan? You shouldn’t have to repay it. Can’t afford health insurance? Too bad, now you will be penalized if you don’t have it. Not an American citizen? No problem your children will not have to become one and can have all the benefits many young American citizens are unable to get. This attitude fed the unconstitutionalist. They feel they don’t have to follow the laws because they simply don’t agree with them.
Enter President Trump. A man that follows the United States rules. Unconstitutionalist hold rallies to stop people from being able to speak their truth because it doesn’t match theirs. They fight, break things and destroy campus’s to make their point. We have freedom of speech, even if other’s choose not to believe it. It’s in the constitution. Unconstitutionalist’s want gun control. Understandable to a point. But our constitution’s 2nd amendment secures our right to bear arms. Perhaps people need to be more informed on firearm safety instead of trying to hide it all, for fear of the unknown.
And on and on.

Our country was made great by the free enterprise system. Anyone can start a business and make money. Anyone can work anywhere doing anything, if you look hard enough. We have more opportunities because of our rights than any other country. Our gross domestic product percentage is 4.1% thanks to Trump’s eye on the job market and bringing big business back to the US. The last serge we saw like that was during the Kennedy/Johnson era. But someone will complain about that too, or say he is riding on Obama’s coattails.
I guess my point in all this is we are a country of laws that work. No one is enforcing those laws till now. People aren’t used to anyone telling them they are wrong. Our prisons are crowded with people that didn’t think the law pertained to them. It’s time to grow up and take responsibility for your actions. In California they are letting convicted criminals out on the street because there is no room for them in the penitentiaries. We aren’t solving the problems, we are overlooking them. Time to pull up the big kid panties and follow the rules till we get it right.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Our country was made great by the free enterprise system. Anyone can start a business and make money. Anyone can work anywhere doing anything, if you look hard enough.
This is the crux of America. People can make their opportunities and choose their own path. Its not a Caste system, nor is it a system of royalty, but a true system of innovation that is open to anyone who grabs the brass ring.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I guess my point in all this is we are a country of laws that work. No one is enforcing those laws till now.

Good post.
I could not agree more. Especially the part about laws being overlooked.

Dems want no borders. Why didn't they make the law when they had the majority in both houses? Why didn't they revoke or make other laws to fit their needs? Laws are made for a reason. If the law is not good, we elect congress to manage the law making process. To many have found it easier to ignore the law rather than change it. Of course it's much harder to change the law, and there is a reason for that. To have members of congress speak of ignoring any law irks me to no end. :angry: