• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

competency

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Yesterday I went to the local FFL because I bought a revolver from another state and it showed up there, so I went there to do the paperwork for the transfer and background check. The owner hired a new guy and was training him on the FFL paperwork. It took more than 2 hours when normally should have been 30 minutes tops. He was having trouble with some of the inputs on the type of gun. Today the owner called me around 11 am and said my paperwork was rejected due to I had bought a rifle and a revolver already this month and CA. law says you can only buy one firearm per month. I told him that this is the first gun I have bought that wasn't an antique shipped directly to me in 10 years and something on his end was incorrect. He said he would try to figure it out. The employee called me around 2:30 pm and said they figured it out but had some bad news. The bad news was that the employee while doing the paper work yesterday inputted it twice, once with the correct description and one incorrect, (thats what looked like I bought 2 guns) and the sale was rejected. Then told me I would have to wait 30 days to re do the paperwork. I asked him if they could call or email someone at the state to fix it and got silence on the other end. WTF why would you just let someone do paperwork like that without doing it with them, its not a spelling test. Now I am the one waiting a month. When the month is up if when I go there and they tell me that I have to redo the background check and wait another ten days, you will see it on the news.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Totally understand your anger as it was not your fault at all...
Can you call an ATF office in your State, explain this situation and go around the gun shop? It might be the input of the ATF out your way that casts a spotlight on their shop situation, and get you back to one purchase?
My Dealings with the ATF were years ago, and they were as I expected some good folks to deal with.. I would contact them directly, not the gun shop who made the mistake.
Not telling you what to do, just what I would do. And even the score with the negligent gun shop....