• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

College NCAA Fencing competitions resume Saturday

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Due to Covid college (and high school) fencers have not competed in about 1 year. That all changes tomorrow, with Covid protection rules. OHIO State will be hosting a 10 team ‘dual meet’ format competition over the weekend.

My saber girl Dasha is on the bus now with the Notre Dame traveling varsity team. This will be her first college event, she made Varsity as a freshman, and is now ranked #3 on the team, but sprained her ankle early this week so she is going into her first ever collegiate event with a minor injury.

Some of the bouts will be live-streamed by Ohio State because there will be NO SPECTATORS in attendance. Pretty safe to say that the Ohio State vs Notre Dame bouts will be on the live stream. For anyone who wants to watch some of the best fencers in the world, ND vs Ohio State will start at 9:30am Eastern time.

The lovely Mrs_Bob and I will be in Columbus until Tuesday but will be watching the event on livestream because despite the fact that I’m a USFA Coach, I’m still not allowed inside the competition area.

http://OhioStateBuckeyes.com

ACAE4BDA-C4A9-4C7E-8A6A-6238E4128112.jpeg

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
I hope this isn't what her fencing competitions turn into now that Biden is letting the boys compete as girls:

884656.jpg

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I hope this isn't what her fencing competitions turn into now that Biden is letting the boys compete as girls:

884656.jpg
Honestly I see it as a potential future issue. Not this year, as teams are set. Not even next year, as recruitment for incoming freshman is already completed. Probably not her Junior year as much of the scouting for that is started, but it’s possible. But by her senior year we could begin to see effects at NCAA events.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
7wins, 2 losses today. Best performance of anyone in the Women’s Saber squad. Only a freshman ... on one of the top teams in the nation.

Attachments

• 6FFE2E3E-A249-484D-99AD-BBFC5A09B769.jpeg
    6FFE2E3E-A249-484D-99AD-BBFC5A09B769.jpeg
    958.1 KB · Views: 112

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I can't even begin to contain my excitement.

Dasha will be one of 3 Notre Dame women's saber fencers going to the NCAA Championships. At this point I don't know if she is going as the Alternate or as one of the 2 competitors. I just know she is going.

NCAA rules require that only fencers who win at least 20 bouts can qualify for the Championships. She easily did that. But NCAA also only allows a maximum of 2 fencer from any school to compete. Dasha is only a freshman. Notre Dame qualified 5 of their Women's Saber fencers to attend. But is taking 3, which is the maximum allowed. Only 2 of those 3 will be allowed to compete. Dasha is only a freshman but is one of those 3 fencers. We find out later this week if she is the alternate or one of the competitors.

Reactions: Doc