• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Cleveland Indians Changes Name and Logo

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Cleveland Guardians???
I don't like it.
?

The team officially announced the new name in a video released on social media Friday morning, featuring a voiceover from actor Tom Hanks. The video also features the new logos that will replace their team’s controversial “Chief Wahoo” logo.

The new name will replace the old one at the end of the 2021 MLB season.

Founded in 1894 as the Grand Rapids Rustlers, the Indians are one of the longest-running baseball teams in the majors, having stayed in for over a century. However, the team’s name and mascot has come under fire in recent years amid backlash against team names that are derogatory toward Native Americans.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Good grief! Should we change the name of "crackers" because I get offended every time I go into a grocery store?
Lenny, I know.
Nothing was WRONG with the teams name for ALL these years.
They've got so many fans who are upset over this on social media and beyond, I'm sure.
I seriously doubt American Indians have been offended by the name or logo much throughout the years.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
A man named Benjamin produced the best rice in South Carolina, so the retail brand, in an effort to suggest "QUALITY" named their product after him.
Race had nothing to do with it. No insult was made, suggested or imp[lied.

A woman hired by an industrialist, to be a live in housekeeper, baby sitter, and cook , was so admired by her employer, he honored her by naming his bottled pancake syrup in her name. Aunt Jemima.

Again,,,;Race had nothing to do with it. No insult was made, suggested or imp[lied.

Chief Seattle was so admired by the white community that had settled in his valley, they named the city after him.

Again,,,;Race had nothing to do with it. No insult was made, suggested or imp[lied.

Only modern radicals intending to pick a racial fight would suggest removal of the honor bestowed, all in the name of racism.

And yet, they succeeded.

It is another form of stolen honor.

Who's fault is that?

Last edited:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
The owner had an "awakening" after the death of George Floyd.

So, when is this kind of thing going to end?

Anyway....
??

20210723_112206.jpg