• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Chemo treatments

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
Several months ago I went in for a what I call a rotorooter job on my prostate. They sent the specimens to the lab and found cancer. Next was a CT scan and bone scan of my entire body and it found cancer in my spine and some ribs which made them class it all as stage 4. They started me on 6 treatments of Docetaxel which they say is the latest and greatest and plant based and 1,000 mg of abiraterone along with 5 mg of prednisone daily. Our daughter, a nurse, says its the best for my treatment. I just had my 6th and final chemo today which were 3 weeks apart and so far my PSA has been really low, point 66. In the near future they will run another CT and bone scan to check on the bone cancers.
The chemo wasn't bad, just had one bad day on the 3rd or 5th day out from chemo. Had flu like symptoms for one day and it would improve after that. I had visions of laying in bed with a garbage can beside it. Have had no nausea and was able to care for the garden mow the grass and ,later, to blow snow. Overall it has been good. As long as it has done it's job I'll be happy!! They say if any cancers start back they'll just start the chemo over again.
I delayed bringing this to the forum because I don't expect sympathy nor do I like to make a big deal of of any sicknesses I may have. Any questions I'll try to answer them.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Well I don't really know what to say except I wish you a speedy recovery, sounds like you got a handle on it and caught it early. Don't worry I won't treat you special and I still got that RD4 to finish up.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Stay on top of this. Prostate cancer is normal for men as they age. But kept in check, prognosis's have improved.

I hope and pray yours stays controlled for a long, long time.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Sorry to hear that. Prayers and best wishes for you.