• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Cheap food

mbsieg

awful member
GOLD Site Supporter
What are some of the meals you make when you only have a dollar to your name???? I'll start

Rice and beans with water, OR potatoes thinly sliced baked in the oven for 45min salt sprinkled on top???:yum:

mbsieg

awful member
GOLD Site Supporter
Hey thats not fair!!! You wouldn't spend your last dollar at wendy's would you

mbsieg

awful member
GOLD Site Supporter
I don't know about you, but I normally do not keep Wendy's in supply at my house??:yankchain:

HGM

Hmmmmm, maybe yellow rice with butter, garlic and onions along with vinnison tenderloin, lightly marinated and grilled medium rare..:D

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
XX-L Red Hot Beef & Bean Burrito

Not sure what the brand is, but they sell them at the supermarkets for under a buck, and at gas stations for just over a buck. It is not quite spicy enough for my tastes, but for pre-made food it has more flavor than most foods that I have found. It is my budget 'go to' food.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
mbsieg said:
What are some of the meals you make when you only have a dollar to your name???? I'll start

Rice and beans with water, OR potatoes thinly sliced baked in the oven for 45min salt sprinkled on top???:yum:

Kraft Macaroni and Cheese. Ahh, I remember it was a staple during college days.
Ramon noodles was also a cheapy.

and just to gross everyone out:
Peanut butter and Mayo sandwich. Yummy.

edit to add,
I said Mayo but it's really Kraft's Miracle Whip ....

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Doc said:
Kraft Macaroni and Cheese.

Man I ate that stuff just about every day when I was younger. Still will have it once in a while.

But now all time favorite and my wife thinks I am crazy but I sure love it.

Fried potatoes either from 2nd day potatoes or even new ones sliced up. Warm or fry, throw in some hamburger or ham or bacon or sausage. Then dump a can of Pork and Beans over the top. That combination is just great and my wife thinks I am should have been an old timer out when they still drove cattle.

murph

kensfarm

Charter Member
SUPER Site Supporter
I remember only having $5 dollars to buy food for a week.. steak-ums, hot-dog buns, & a bag of chips.. at least I had lunch every day.

Eric L

Site Supporter
I dont know about the one dollar part... but if I was near broke and needed to buy stuff to last me a few days I'd go with hot dogs or frozen burritos.

several years back I went ATV camping with a buddy... we were broke and didn't have a lot of cargo capacity.. we ate hot dogs and burritos for 4 days. breakfast, lunch and dinner... It was a couple more years before I ate another hot dog.