• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Car Discussion / Debate

Rudi

In my sophomore year in college I went to Florida for spring break with plans to look around for a car to drive home.

Driving from my families condo to the bars in a rental I saw a 1968 Chrysler New Yorker, 2 door, white with a black top, mint condition. Bought it for $900 and drove it back to NY. That car had a huge engine in it, think it was a 440, I do remember it had a Holly 4 barrel carb on it. I used to destroy brand new IROC Zs in that car! It was constantly having mechanical problems so I sold it to my mechanic for more than I bought it for after three years. :)

It looked like this but was white with a black top: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chrysler_New_Yorker#/media/File:1968_Chrysler_New_Yorker_photo-1.JPG

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
In my sophomore year in college I went to Florida for spring break with plans to look around for a car to drive home.

Driving from my families condo to the bars in a rental I saw a 1968 Chrysler New Yorker, 2 door, white with a black top, mint condition. Bought it for $900 and drove it back to NY. That car had a huge engine in it, think it was a 440, I do remember it had a Holly 4 barrel carb on it. I used to destroy brand new IROC Zs in that car! It was constantly having mechanical problems so I sold it to my mechanic for more than I bought it for after three years. :)

It looked like this but was white with a black top: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chrysler_New_Yorker#/media/File:1968_Chrysler_New_Yorker_photo-1.JPG
This from the guy that calls out everybody as a bullshitter on things he disagrees with.
Destroying IROCs? Maybe running into them and forcing them off the road. The slowest lowest IROC had the same 1/4 mile time as this 1968 New Yorker, and a full second and a half faster with the better models. And IROCs were built from 1985-1990. When was all this drag racing going on? Even if this was in 1985, the IROCs that year were faster and brand new, against a 17 year old New Yawka?
I am not a IROC fan at all, but your story is bullshit, Mr Bullshitter-caller-outer.
But ya, the 68 New Yawka was a cool car nonetheless. Just about all 1968 were a-ok.

Rudi

This from the guy that calls out everybody as a bullshitter on things he disagrees with.
Destroying IROCs? Maybe running into them and forcing them off the road. The slowest lowest IROC had the same 1/4 mile time as this 1968 New Yorker, and a full second and a half faster with the better models. And IROCs were built from 1985-1990. When was all this drag racing going on? Even if this was in 1985, the IROCs that year were faster and brand new, against a 17 year old New Yawka?
I am not a IROC fan at all, but your story is bullshit, Mr Bullshitter-caller-outer.
But ya, the 68 New Yawka was a cool car nonetheless. Just about all 1968 were a-ok.

The IROCS came in different models if I remember? Plus they had a crap ton of pollution controlling, power sucking crap on them. This had to be 1985. The NYer was seriously a beast off of the line, you might be surprised.

I stand by my story because it happened. And I don't give a flying rat's ass if someone called "waybomb" on the internet doesn't believe me. LOL

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
The IROCS came in different models if I remember? Plus they had a crap ton of pollution controlling, power sucking crap on them. This had to be 1985. The NYer was seriously a beast off of the line, you might be surprised.

I stand by my story because it happened. And I don't give a flying rat's ass if someone called "waybomb" on the internet doesn't believe me. LOL
No one believes you rudi, or likes you. Believe that

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
He "raced" a girl in a pink IROC. She was at a stoplight putting some lipstick on when this old guy with a mullet, in a old led sled Chrysler pulls up, and destroys her IROC. She didn't even have a chance to put the thing in drive and he was gone. As she breathed a sigh of relief.
Like her, he is gone from my world too; on ignore. What a relief.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I owned a '69 Chrysler New Yawker. Great car. It would travel the highways at 85-90 MPH and cruise like a dream. A juggernaut, quiet and with a soft ride. It had a big front deck on which you could land a jet plane. Room in the trunk for a full size mattress. But sadly, a 15 sec quarter mile on a really good day. Sucker weighed in over 6K lbs.
My '69 Barracuda fastback held a 383 four barrel and did quarter miles in the 13's stock from the factory.. God I miss that car. But it was quicker than the wife's mammoth Chrysler road yatch.

Rudi's must have been a special build that happens magically once every few million cars off the assembly line. I'm sure you have heard of them. Perhaps that's why it was for sale.

Seems a shame he didn't have pictures of this gem.

IROC's were detuned for the 80's. Beating one of them hardly offers any braggin' rights. I beat them with my little V/6 Starfire. 115 HP with a 2,800Lb chassis.

Last edited:

Rudi

Rudi's must have been a special build that happens magically once every few million cars off the assembly line. I'm sure you have heard of them. Perhaps that's why it was for sale.
OH BAHAHAHAHAHA you are a comedian! LOL! You are a riot! Nah, I just READ the ONLINE information about that particular CAR. Oh but you know so much more right smart guy? At least you knew that the IROCs were de-tuned. They were also loaded up with pollution controlling devices.

My car wasn't special, look it up.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
OH BAHAHAHAHAHA you are a comedian! LOL! You are a riot! Nah, I just READ the ONLINE information about that particular CAR. Oh but you know so much more right smart guy? At least you knew that the IROCs were de-tuned. They were also loaded up with pollution controlling devices.

My car wasn't special, look it up.
Franc does know a lot about cars.
So does waybomb.
Since you're a pain in the ass trolling newb, well.. of course you don't know that.
Chill out.
?

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
What the 1968 440 Chrysler had was 480 foot lbs of torque. But that boat was 6,000 lbs launched by a simple 3 speed Torque Flite tranny. I simply do not recall seeing one at the track or the drag strip when my Barracuda was burning tire rubble on the pavement. It was copper in color with a 383 4BBL torque-flite with a shift kit. I use to floor it and then release the brake. Big cloud of smoke poured out from the rear wheels. When it cleared I was gone. I called it my David Copperfield impersonation.

On a few fall days with crisp cold air, I barely dipped in to the 12's. My 69 NY Chrysler was no match for it. Not even close. Essentially the same car as the '68, but apparently the '68s were hot??? I guess I never got the memo.

Just off by one model year eh? Can't believe I missed it by that much!

I am currently driving a 2005 Crossfire SRT with a 440 HP supercharged 6 cylinder. 231 CU in displacement. With a 3,000 lb chassis I can get into the high tens on a quarter mile.

I haven't raced for years but it is still a kick to drive. When the wife let's me. Ya see, it is HER car. I drive a 2006 NA Crossfire roadster with a stick. Dyno says I'm getting close to 300 HP but many so called experts say it is impossible. So let us say 280 HP out of the same 231 V6 as the Supercharges SRT. That is a 30% gain over factory numbers. It did not come easy or in a box. I get 13.2 seconds on the quarter mile with a 3,000 lb chassis CAI, oversized throttle body, High capacity injectors, and a custom dyno tune.

So Rudi, given my personal experience with the big Chrysler of which you speak, I'm gonna remind you that the book numbers are not necessarily the reality. Not saying that old boat wasn't fast but braggin' rights for being quick are hard to attach. Especially since I owned one. Loved it for cruising. Never considered it's potential for street racing or the track.

I've built a few fast cars. '60 Chevy 348 tri-power, 1982 Trans Am, '69 Barracuda. And the '75 Olds Starfire with the odd fire v/6 and a Muncie 4 spd tranny. I am just pondering what must have been done to make that land yacht of yours fast. I'm not saying it wasn't so, but I'm betting you didn't do any of it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Doc

Rudi

What the 1968 440 Chrysler had was 480 foot lbs of torque. But that boat was 6,000 lbs launched by a simple 3 speed Torque Flite tranny. I simply do not recall seeing one at the track or the drag strip when my Barracuda was burning tire rubble on the pavement. It was copper in color with a 383 4BBL torque-flite with a shift kit. I use to floor it and then release the brake. Big cloud of smoke poured out from the rear wheels. When it cleared I was gone. I called it my David Copperfield impersonation.

On a few fall days with crisp cold air, I barely dipped in to the 12's. My 69 NY Chrysler was no match for it. Not even close. Essentially the same car as the '68, but apparently the '68s were hot??? I guess I never got the memo.

Just off by one model year eh? Can't believe I missed it by that much!

I am currently driving a 2005 Crossfire SRT with a 440 HP supercharged 6 cylinder. 231 CU in displacement. With a 3,000 lb chassis I can get into the high tens on a quarter mile.

I haven't raced for years but it is still a kick to drive. When the wife let's me. Ya see, it is HER car. I drive a 2006 NA Crossfire roadster with a stick. Dyno says I'm getting close to 300 HP but many so called experts say it is impossible. So let us say 280 HP out of the same 231 V6 as the Supercharges SRT. That is a 30% gain over factory numbers. It did not come easy or in a box. I get 13.2 seconds on the quarter mile with a 3,000 lb chassis CAI, oversized throttle body, High capacity injectors, and a custom dyno tune.

So Rudi, given my personal experience with the big Chrysler of which you speak, I'm gonna remind you that the book numbers are not necessarily the reality. Not saying that old boat wasn't fast but braggin' rights for being quick are hard to attach. Especially since I owned one. Loved it for cruising. Never considered it's potential for street racing or the track.

I've built a few fast cars. '60 Chevy 348 tri-power, 1982 Trans Am, '69 Barracuda. And the '75 Olds Starfire with the odd fire v/6 and a Muncie 4 spd tranny. I am just pondering what must have been done to make that land yacht of yours fast. I'm not saying it wasn't so, but I'm betting you didn't do any of it.
Pretty funny, but not surprising that my post that listed all of the numbers that PROVED that I was correct and you guys were wrong was deleted.

I guess you folks don't like facts here huh?

Backyardski

BackyardskiLima
GOLD Site Supporter
Pretty funny, but not surprising that my post that listed all of the numbers that PROVED that I was correct and you guys were wrong was deleted.

I guess you folks don't like facts here huh?
Cut back on the Mountain Dew Rude dude. This thread isn’t about proving how right you are and it’s not the comment section on the bottom of a fricken internet news story. These are real people you are trying to get riled up for some reason. Not everyone here agrees with each other about everything but you don’t have to be combative about everything either. These are peoples likes and interests on these subforums. Mostly people helping each other out with stuff they haven’t run into before, sharing the work they’ve done and chatting about the ingredients in life’s soup. This thread is mostly about eye candy and seeing some rides other people might appreciate. Momma always said treat people the way you want to be treated.
and my dad can beat up your dad

Rudi

I posted a "kill" story (that is what they call them on the car forums if you didn't know), you people were outright rude and called me a liar and implied that I am delusional.

I posted the actual DATA to back up my claims, there are many forums who have REAL DATA about cars over the years. You folks should check them out before being rude and attacking someone.

After I posted the data that BACKED UP MY CLAIM you people still acted like rude children and whined and got me banned. Is this how you all act when someone has used facts to refute your rudeness? Did any of you post any data to back up your attacks on me? Did any of you get a seven day ban for being rude and attacking me?

Nope.

You people and the mod who banned me need to look in the mirror.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I posted a "kill" story (that is what they call them on the car forums if you didn't know), you people were outright rude and called me a liar and implied that I am delusional.

I posted the actual DATA to back up my claims, there are many forums who have REAL DATA about cars over the years. You folks should check them out before being rude and attacking someone.

After I posted the data that BACKED UP MY CLAIM you people still acted like rude children and whined and got me banned. Is this how you all act when someone has used facts to refute your rudeness? Did any of you post any data to back up your attacks on me? Did any of you get a seven day ban for being rude and attacking me?

Nope.

You people and the mod who banned me need to look in the mirror.
You should take your own advice but, trolls have no conscience to prod.

Your "data" proved nothing about your worthless claims. You think no one here knows what a joke the IROC badging was?
As for "Car Forums" I've been on several for over 15 years. They are full of bullsh!ter's like yourself.

I have often wondered ,,,; How does such a shallow mind survive? Bull sh!t and huts spa? Doesn't do well here.

Attacking and insulting credible members here gains you nothing.

Rudi

You should take your own advice but, trolls have no conscience to prod.

Your "data" proved nothing about your worthless claims. You think no one here knows what a joke the IROC badging was?
As for "Car Forums" I've been on several for over 15 years. They are full of bullsh!ter's like yourself.

I have often wondered ,,,; How does such a shallow mind survive? Bull sh!t and huts spa? Doesn't do well here.

Attacking and insulting credible members here gains you nothing.

LOL Now you are following me around because I don't share the same opinion(s) as you do. Such a joke.

I posted proof, I posted 0-60 times and I made all of the people here who claimed I didn't know what I was talking about look like the fools they are. Their proof? NOTHING. So, maybe you should look at them as the ones who are the trolls.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
LOL Now you are following me around because I don't share the same opinion(s) as you do. Such a joke.

I posted proof, I posted 0-60 times and I made all of the people here who claimed I didn't know what I was talking about look like the fools they are. Their proof? NOTHING. So, maybe you should look at them as the ones who are the trolls.
No one is "following you around".
This is like a.. you know... active thread?
Good sweet God where DO you sorts come from?

Next car photo please!

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter

It seems to be your constant intention to make "people look like fools." IMHO,,, Not a good way to influence friends.
BTW, Forum Trolls provide nothing of benefit to the discussions. They only offer irritations to the other participants.
Check the mirror pal.
Sorry but the joke's on you.

For PG request, I am posting a car photo. My first car was a Buick. I was a GM guy until I met my wife.
Custom Avatar

Rudi

It seems to be your constant intention to make "people look like fools." IMHO,,, Not a good way to influence friends.
BTW, Forum Trolls provide nothing of benefit to the discussions. They only offer irritations to the other participants.
Check the mirror pal.
Sorry but the joke's on you.

For PG request, I am posting a car photo. My first car was a Buick. I was a GM guy until I met my wife.
Custom Avatar
I contributed FACTS and the trolls still talked crap, maybe it is YOU that should look in the mirror.