• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Camp Lejeune ambulance chasers

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Anyone else sick of seeing the commercials and more so, fed up with all these ambulance chaser law firms? They're on the TV constantly.

I was at that base for years during the affected period. Thankfully, I don't have any of the health issues.

Someone that has medical issues just needs to go to the Department of Veteran's Affairs site and submit the documentation to start a claim.

I wonder what percentage of a financial claim these law firms are going to take from a veteran. Grrrr.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I get SPAM emails from Camp Lejeune "lawyers" every single day. Sometimes several a day. Annoying.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Dang, you're on some sort of list. I've never received an e-mail.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I've received voice messages on my cell phone and snail mail in my mail box multiple times.
Such a waste, and yep they are taking advantage of veterans and getting a piece of the settlement any vet could get on their own.

BC I doubt you have issues from being there since you most likely drank more beer than water. You'd be GOOD. :D

power1

Lats take a good look at the whole Camp Leguene thing.
It took the government over thirty years after thery knew about the bad water to do something about it.
There were people that knew about it and tried to file claims. They were turned down.
Now that it has come out the government has turned it all over to a bunch of lawyers.
The government knows who everyone of the people who served there in that time. They do have records.
All they have to do is look at the records. They know where the people are now.
The over thirty year wait has lowered the number of claims they would have had thirty years ago.
Now by not opening their records to see where the people are now they have lowered the number of claims.
They have opened it up to lawyers to handle it. This will lower the claims a little more.
Everyone comes out happy. The government is happy they do not have to bother with it.
The lawyers are happy they are going to be paid a pile of money.
Most of the people in America are happy that the veterans are now able to make a claim and the people c an use this to show how well the country treats it's veterans.
Even some of the veterans are happy as they have been ignored for so long and now they see a chance to get paid.

The only people who are not so happy are the dead veterans who died because of the bad water. But they are dead so they are not doing much talking.

Just another example of how America treats the people who fought for their country.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
I have two friends who are Marines who were at Camp Lejuene during the affected dates. They are both in the early 70's and both are battling cancer. They both tell me the VA did not want to hear a thing about the water issue. They both tell me whatever they can get will be a huge help in their out of pocket expenses. I pray like hell they can get some restitution.

power1

I have two friends who are Marines who were at Camp Lejuene during the affected dates. They are both in the early 70's and both are battling cancer. They both tell me the VA did not want to hear a thing about the water issue. They both tell me whatever they can get will be a huge help in their out of pocket expenses. I pray like hell they can get some restitution.
The government would much rather the people that the bad water has caused health problems just be quite long enough for them to die. It is something that happens in all things veteran related.

MNwr786

This reminds me of when I did prison time in Faribault, Minnesota. I was a trustee doing maintenance back then... I had the pleasure of exploring all the underground tunnels between buildings (some going outside the fence to the boiler and old kitchen) and was also involved in the hiding of asbestos-insulated pipes with plastic coverings... Anyhow, if you take a look at the location of the water tower that serves that prison on google maps (right next to Minncor laundry outside the perimeter fence, which does the bedding and towels for most of the prisons and the VA hospital), consider this.... before that was a prison, back when it was a state hospital, where Minncor Laundry sits is where the hospital landfill was. The stairs to the old laundry office on the south side are sinking as the trash settles. And as a former inmate, I can tell you the yearly water test report they post in the living units only talks about benzene and the copper content expected from the new piping. The unused hospital kitchen (now a warehouse for Minncor, which has its own dirty secrets) is still there and plumbed in, stagnant water pipes filled with legionnaires intact. The inmates have no idea their water is being pumped from a medical waste site, let alone connected to those water lines that never see flow. I could write all night about the dirty secrets of Minnesota prisons!

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
That Hawaii one has me confused. What's the water source on O'ahu? Most, if not all military bases there are right on the ocean. I'd think any leaks would be in the salt water of the ocean, not in a drinking water area. Also, doesn't fuel (like oil) remain only on the surface of the water? The USS Arizona has been leaking oil into Pearl Harbor for over 70 years now.

tommu56

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
That Hawaii one has me confused. What's the water source on O'ahu? Most, if not all military bases there are right on the ocean. I'd think any leaks would be in the salt water of the ocean, not in a drinking water area. Also, doesn't fuel (like oil) remain only on the surface of the water? The USS Arizona has been leaking oil into Pearl Harbor for over 70 years now.
could be wells or reverse osmoses systems that were not properly maintained just like the tanks weren't properly maintained for years.
i first heard about this in this youtube video.

kc3tec

Anyone else sick of seeing the commercials and more so, fed up with all these ambulance chaser law firms? They're on the TV constantly.

I was at that base for years during the affected period. Thankfully, I don't have any of the health issues.

Someone that has medical issues just needs to go to the Department of Veteran's Affairs site and submit the documentation to start a claim.

I wonder what percentage of a financial claim these law firms are going to take from a veteran. Grrrr.
25 % is the standard they take before medicare takes the majority,
They do the same with the asbestos lawsuits.
You are lucky if you get more than 15% of the settlement.

fobjames

I'm told it is usually around 40%.
The attorney fees for Camp Lejeune Justice Act claims should be 20% or 25% of the recovery. Unfortunately, most law firms, especially the ones advertising, are charging 40%+ fees which is outrageous considering the government has accepted liability on many cases.

fobjames

The attorney fees should be no more than 20% or 25% of the amount recovered--20% if the case is resolved without litigation and 25% if the case is litigated. Unfortunately most law firms are charging at least 40%.