• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Button fly jeans

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Seriously?!?!?!?

Like wtf? I can just picture some gay-assed clothing designer standing there saying "look at this design. With these buttons on the fly, these jeans will look just fabulous".

Not realizing that they were button fly jeans, I recently bought a pair. Now picture this. A grown-assed middle aged man, while out and about, gets the sudden urge to use the facilities as the morning coffee decides in an instant that it wants to make a reappearance. Said middle-aged man goes running to a public bathroom frantically trying to not piss himself then encounters the force field that is the dreaded button fly. He so desperately struggles to get those blasted buttons undone so he can let it all hang out and let the waters flow all the while avoiding the inevitable pre dribble that's attempting to force it's way out.

Yes ladies! The struggle is real. See what we have to go through when someone decides it's a good idea to have a button fly?

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Those who do not know history are doomed to repeat it!

In the good old days, when Levi Strauss was getting into the blue jean making business, zippers were hard to come buy but buttons were the accepted way to secure the crotch of your knickers up to your waist.

Now you would think that just like manually operated windows on a car, the button fly would be just a memory in a history book somewhere, but no, they still exist. For some unknown reason. Probably to remind unobservant men like you that prior generations actually struggled to get their pants down after a late night visit to the local Taco Bell

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Reminds me of Navy Dress Blues, 13 button flap. Hated that. Luckily did not end up in dress blues to often. Long ago when I was young and skinny I accidently ended up with Levi button fly jeans. I endured as I was poor and had to. After broke in they were easier but still, I have never purposely bought a pair of Levi button fly jeans. But I have owned two or three pair over the years.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
And god forbid if I'm out and about and get the urge to go #2. ? Trying to get those bastards undone while prairie dogging it is not enjoyable.

• Haha
Reactions: Doc

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Guess I am the odd man out, once again. :blink:
I ware exclusively button fly jeans. And yes I can and have lived the OP when they are new. But I have good hand strength and have so far won that battle.... some times with little or no time to spare. they do "break in with use" how ever...
My reason is simple. I had a spell were the zippers would fail, in way to many jeans. Maybe a bad batch, I do not know. But at that point I declared no more zippers, as no one around here can do the repairs. I still have a stack of jeans with bad zippers, hoping some day I might find some one capable...

Regards, Kirk