• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Broken Axel on LMC 1996 1800 Bearcat - Trying to source a replacement or perhaps what might work as none OEM replacement...

LMC 1800

tempImagetnyBkt.jpg
tempImageMIaxiE.jpg

Thefatsquatch

If you haven't found one, I have looked at what it would cost to build a new/old snowcat, (new parts, old technology and design) and there seem to be a lot of this style suspension axles on Amazon. But I have no idea if they are the same length, and they are stupid pricy for a 3500 pound set.

Snowy Rivers

Flexiride

This is a very similar style axle setup.

They make single wheel set ups and complete axle stuff too.
The big issue is to be sure to get a spindle that will accept the size bearings used in the cat.

Flexiride make many different weight capacity sizes.

A 2000 pound size would be optimal

A set of the cartridges that have a spindle that uses 1-3/8" inner bearing.....1-3/4" seal ride surface and a 1-1/4" outer bearing.

********UNLESS YOUR WHEELS ARE THE LARGE BEARING TYPE****** but these are normally only found on the large cats 3700....4700 *********

Get your axle out and then adapt things so the Flexiride can be attached.

I looked high and low for a front axle for my 2100......nothing decent available..

These guys are a retailer for Flexiride

Here are all the bearing specs for the two different sizes used

SMALL BEARING HUBS (Common on many Thiokol/LMC/DMC)

Guide wheel bearings for 2100

Outer bearing 67048

Outer race 67010

Inner bearing 48548

Inner race 48510

Seal 17617 Factory seal

USE 17607 (Double lip wider)

Speedi sleeve (SKF part 99122)

Dust caps

Napa 730-2411

Hubs...H25-555F (Complete)

LARGE BEARING HUBS (Used on the heavier cats )

Two front Wheels

Inner Race 88610

Inner Cone 88649

Outer race 02420

Outer Cone 02476

Seal 471984

Last edited: