• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Brittney Griner - am I supposed to have sympathy?

Mark1911

GOLD Site Supporter
I keep seeing this story in the news, and try as I might, I just can’t seem to bring myself to feel sorry for her. She was apparently caught entering Russia with marijuana (THC vape cartridges), and is facing 10 years in a Russian prison. Now she expects POTUS to pull strings and help her circumvent Russian justice. I’m sorry, but she strikes me as an entitled brat - play stupid games, win stupid prizes…

7E62BCF9-D307-4380-8F13-6F4C83A4C786.jpeg

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I don't think the liberal media did a very good job selling the American public on the tragedy that this is causing in the world. Griner stays in a Russian jail and gas prices will spike, oceans will rise, temperatures will boil??? Nope. She took personal use drugs into a country that doesn't tolerate that shit and she got caught. How is this the problem of the White House?

Mark1911

GOLD Site Supporter
So I did a little more research, and came up with an interesting conundrum - The WNBA (Whom Griner plays for) lists Marijuana as a banned substance, so.... Why was she bringing this into Russia? I mean, presumably she can't USE it... I wonder if she was SELLING it? That would certainly be looked upon in a harsher light by the Russian authorities I would think.

Ironman

She got busted. In Russia where they have laws,also. You deal with your shit you made happen. Who’s at fault here? 😂 if ya can’t do the time… 🤷‍♂️

UberBastid

Yea, this is basic survival. I mean VERY basic.
l traveled thru Europe as a teen. Long hair and mutton chops. I sewed a Canadian flag on my back pack because it prevented a lot of problems.
People outside of America have strong feelings about Americans; some good some bad.
I learned very young to not fack around in somebody else's house. It's THEIR rules, I'm just a guest. And, that's fair: you don't like the rules in my house? Go home.

I always treated cops with great deference and politeness whenever I came in contact with them.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Yea, this is basic survival. I mean VERY basic.
l traveled thru Europe as a teen. Long hair and mutton chops. I sewed a Canadian flag on my back pack because it prevented a lot of problems.
People outside of America have strong feelings about Americans; some good some bad.
I learned very young to not fack around in somebody else's house. It's THEIR rules, I'm just a guest. And, that's fair: you don't like the rules in my house? Go home.

I always treated cops with great deference and politeness whenever I came in contact with them.
I have spent a lot of time in Europe and generally agree. I never went so far as to put a Canadian flag on my stuff, but I also didn't advertise I was an American either.

I live within a mile of a state line and reality is that when we cross the STATE line from free Indiana to marxist Illinois we play by different gun rules but the justice system is still the same. On the other hand, when traveling to a different COUNTRY then ALL the rules change AND the entire justice system also changes. It only makes sense to have a basic level of understanding the laws of any foreign land visited.

Pot may be legal where she lives. But it also violates the WNBA guidelines. And it is clearly illegal in Russia. Seems to me that she knowingly violated the laws, thought she could flaunt them, got caught, and now is begging for America to come save her . . . despite the fact that she openly hates this country and doesn't even want the national anthem played at games.

UberBastid

I never went so far as to put a Canadian flag on my stuff,
It was early 70's.
Americans had a rep ... not all good.
Canadian? Pft, who doesn't like Canadians? Them and the Irish.

I tried to stay real neutral, and if asked directly especially by an authority, I would disclose my nationality when asked; and often had to show my passport with all necessary visa papers.